Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Nice W, Souza doing some good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Long way to go but it was a good W.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Long way to go but it was a good W.
        Ranked!!! 15 with UMass right behind..not getting ahead of myself but just feels good...
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Next week - UNH at Maine in a match-up of (checks notes) top-four teams In HE. Just like the good old days...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Ranked!!! 15 with UMass right behind..not getting ahead of myself but just feels good...
            Yup!

I checked the notes...Dan's right! Top four showdown next weekend!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              That just moved us to 16 in the RPI.

Darn Bentley! 😁
              You need to thank Bentley for the wake up call. :-)

BTW, Bentley got swept by one of the worst teams in Div 1 this past weekend in Colorado Springs.

Verrier now leads Cats in G/SOG % by wide margin (50%).
              Last edited by Snively65; 11-11-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Very heads up

Best complete game in last couple of years. Yes they out shot us significantly in the third with a couple of very scary rushes but we just had more that usual in our game. did you see Max push that puck sitting about 10 inches off the goal line. It was clearly the game saver to go with his game winner. Turning to JD's coaching comment, what do you folks think?
                Is it JG or GS who is in charge of our D? Someone deserves a big hand as they, 1-6 look very solid. While there is always room for improvement they don't scare me when any of the pairing take the ice. And while I thought is would be Carvel who make the big adjustments between periods, not so much!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                  Very heads up

Best complete game in last couple of years. Yes they out shot us significantly in the third with a couple of very scary rushes but we just had more that usual in our game. did you see Max push that puck sitting about 10 inches off the goal line. It was clearly the game saver to go with his game winner. Turning to JD's coaching comment, what do you folks think?
                  Is it JG or GS who is in charge of our D? Someone deserves a big hand as they, 1-6 look very solid. While there is always room for improvement they don't scare me when any of the pairing take the ice. And while I thought is would be Carvel who make the big adjustments between periods, not so much!
                  Speaking of Carvel, here's how he saw the game last night:

https://dailycollegian.com/2019/11/u...3-1-on-sunday/

(where was Fosters last night? No story from them??) Anyway....agree that our D is doing a fantastic job....we had our hands full in the 3rd but 'our goal keeper' (his name is Mike Robinson, just referencing the story did another amazing job). Happy for Verrier; I think he's doing a great job, happy he got his first. Lots of scary, close moments to be sure....proud of how we stayed with it.

Maine weekend is going to be HUGE! Heading up for the Saturday game. GO 'CATS!!!!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-11-2019, 08:25 AM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nice early homestand with a 3-0-0 record, including big wins over BC and UMass.

One step at a time, but it will be interesting to see how things go next weekend up in Orono.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

(where was Fosters last night? No story from them??) Anyway....agree that our D is doing a fantastic job....we had our hands full in the 3rd but 'our goal keeper' (his name is Mike Robinson, just referencing the story did another amazing job). Happy for Verrier; I think he's doing a great job, happy he got his first. Lots of scary, close moments to be sure....proud of how we stayed with it.

Maine weekend is going to be HUGE! Heading up for the Saturday game. GO 'CATS!!!!
                      My iPhone keeps correcting Verrier to Berries.

I may need to fight traffic a week from Friday afternoon for the first Wolverines game.

Orono is simply too far for me to reach on a Friday afternoon this aenester, and I cannot justify the long drive for just the Saturday game. But, good for you, HR; you are a true Cats fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        My iPhone keeps correcting Verrier to Berries.

I may need to fight traffic a week from Friday afternoon for the first Wolverines game.

Orono is simply too far for me to reach on a Friday afternoon this aenester, and I cannot justify the long drive for just the Saturday game. But, good for you, HR; you are a true Cats fan!
                        Well, my daughter now lives in Hallowell so I'll pick her up and we'll do the game, spend the night up there. Prob wouldn't be going; went last year to the Sunday game but only coz we had the next day off (Martin L King Day). Glad you are going to brave that traffic; I was heading down to the Bentley game and saw all of that traffic heading North; not fun!!! Went once in '14 alone vowed to never go alone again hahaha. Always an adventure at the Alfond! GO 'CATS!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Nice early homestand with a 3-0-0 record, including big wins over BC and UMass.

One step at a time, but it will be interesting to see how things go next weekend up in Orono.
                          It's going to be interesting every single weekend. And up there it's beyond interesting. It's where your hopes that you are on the right track (regardless of who you are team wise) go to die hahaha. Seriously, the 'Cats have their work cut out for them every.single.weekend. Last season we were 1-1-1 with Maine. They have a lights out goalie in Jeremy Swayman and have most if not all of their decent forwards back as well. Add in the 'Alfond Atmosphere' and you come out with a tie thinking you won the game. A big test. GO 'CATS!!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            Very heads up

From what I have seen on the bench, JG = defense and GS = forwards

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

(where was Fosters last night? No story from them??)
                              Foster's can't be bothered with UNH sports any more...they're too busy reporting all of the southern Maine high school sports. Apparently that's where they think that they can sell more papers. In their defense they're doing all they can to survive as a newspaper and have cut back on their staff and its showing in how they report sports in particular. Most of the content is just pasted in from other news sources.

In an unrelated topic......

We still can't crack the top 20 in the National polls. And did Carvel give his team the one and only vote for the number 1 spot this week??
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Happy to be proven wrong if that's the real take … my recollection has always been that Murray (no immediate relation BTW) made a play moving up the left wing boards, and chipped the puck across to the front, where Bogey crashed it in from close range to close the old barn in style (for hockey anyway; I think they had a concert or two afterwards?). BC was coached at the time by Steve "Count" Cedorchuk, who got his nickname for infamously losing track of how many scholarships he had committed to at some point during his ill-fated two years in charge. That was his last game in charge at BC as well IIRC.

I'm pretty sure the game was on NESN that night, but we were there - all three of us at the time, for the first time (our youngest would arrive in mid-1995). That was our eldest's first game, and she is now almost 30, teaches HS English at her alma mater, and was down for the count by the time the first OT was finished. I think the GWG produced a sound that was loud enough to wake her up (ever so briefly). She was 4 years old then. She'd also fall asleep 5 years later in Worcester a few minutes before Darren Haydar won that one in OT to send the 'Cats back to the FF. Kid had quite the knack of sleeping through history.

I'd really love to see a clip of the '94 Snively finale, just for old times' sake, regardless whether I've remembered correctly or not.
                                Well I was there as well. It was a Sunday night and, because of that, my wife and then 8 year old daughter didn’t go because of school and work the next day. I was high up in the bleachers behind the visitors bench with my friend John W. and my recollection, with the aid of a few viewings of the (now) dvd over the years, is that Murray skated out of the zone, hit Bogey with a nifty pass along the left boards that sprung him loose. He turned the dman, got in close and scored. As he scored there was a guy behind the net, under the scoreboard, jumping up and down madly, who turned out to be Boguniecki’s father. That game was the turning point for UNH back then. Big win over a school that had always given them fits. Next year they played pretty well despite playing at JFK in Manchester and then as they say, the rest is history until, unfortunately, it no longer was.

Btw, as far as Cedorchuk goes, I have never heard anyone refer to him as The Count. However, my daughter’s elementary school principal played hockey at BC with Cedor and, in fact, they were roommates for two years. When this scholarship fiasco came up I talked to the principal about it. He told me it didn’t surprise him at all since Cedor was always playing all the angles. He told me that when they were roommates, there was one point where he was dating three different girls at the same time, all of whom thought they were the one. That caught up to him as well. What I remember is that when Cedor was trying to save his job, at one point he called up the father of his starting goalie (forget his name but he was Canadian) and asked the guy, who was a big time doctor in Alberta, to pony up his kid’s tuition, room and board so he could use the scholarship for some other player. Lot of chutzpah there, don’t you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X