Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    I thought we had a great showing from the students last night. Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena.
    I don’t know - I always feel this way on the road or at a neutral site, but UNH’s atmosphere used to be SPECIAL. That’s why so many visitors pop into this thread to express their disbelief. The place used to be loud and the fan base used to be into the game even during long stretches without a goal...

I can remember a number of occasions where UNH fans wanted a goal, made that point LOUD and clear and the players were compelled (and able) to deliver...

Greg’s right - it will never be the same. It’s a different world with TV, streaming services (often provided by the schools themselves) and ticket pricing strategies. As well as the situation at UNH - a program that used to regularly be in the NC mix pre-season and play/act like one for much of the season. It’s too bad, worth reminiscing about but probably not complaining about. If UNH wins the atmosphere can still be very good. Certainly good enough to enjoy at a high level...

Dan's right; tonight we need to light that lamp..Go 'Cats!!!!
    A win last night masks the concern that has been goal scoring - especially scoring depth after Gildon and the first line. I noticed Grasso and Crookshank swapped lines last night - I assume in an effort to get Angus going (which hopefully worked), but UNH needs at least a second dependable line, meaning it may be time to jumble the team’s two best playmakers (Pierson and Kelleher) off the same grouping...

Dartmouth played their 2018-19 second string goaltender yesterday at HU - in an interesting move for a season and conference opener. Ferguson started just two games last season, including one at UNH where he gave up three goals in just five-plus minutes. His beating out Clark would be one of the most surprising elements of the off-season to me, as Clark was very strong last season. It will be interesting to see if Clark is now second in the DC rotation or if (hopefully) he has some harmless malady that will keep him out for the opening weekend before an immediate return to health and a wonderful season of his own...

Another concern is Dartmouth’s big first line of talented scorers WELL over six feet tall. They’re dangerous and a very interesting match-up for a potential UNH first line all well under six feet...

I like Dartmouth a lot - but UNH needs goals in a big way to gain confidence for a tough upcoming stretch (especially considering how ME has kicked off the year). Let’s hope they get them in spades tonight. Dartmouth can recover next weekend...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Terrific come-from-behind victory for Coach Mac and Ricky’s guys today, after a terrible first half (following a great first drive). Now let’s finish the weekend off with a strong showing tonight.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        Terrific come-from-behind victory for Coach Mac and Ricky’s guys today, after a terrible first half (following a great first drive). Now let’s finish the weekend off with a strong showing tonight.
        Frosh Brosmer had a career day with three TDs to go along with one pick. Very nice come from behind win.

A win over the Indians tonight would be fantastic!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Goalie match-up is Adrian Clark versus Ty Taylor...

Can’t figure out why DC went with Ferguson on the road against the conference (and more offensively gifted opponent) unless they were intent on splitting the weekend and strictly wanted to avoid Ferguson flashbacks at the Whitt...

Or they out-thought themselves in trying to throw Harvard a curveball.
          Last edited by Dan; 11-02-2019, 06:03 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

And it’s not paying off early tonight as UNH jumps out to a quick 1-0 lead (Crookshank)...

Much needed.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

None of the HE/CBS streams seem to be working...
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                And it’s not paying off early tonight as UNH jumps out to a quick 1-0 lead (Crookshank)...

Much needed.
                UNH gives it right back. 1-1.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

• UNH earns a full two-minute 5x3 (both drawn by Sato) and Grasso scores from Pierson and Gildon. Still 13 seconds remaining on the second penalty...

Good coaching decision to leave the top unit out the entire time until they scored.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Second player exiting the penalty box leads directly to a DC rush and another immediate tying goal...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

I wonder if this is the last we will see of TT for a while.

Comment

• 2-2 after one.

Sato hit the pipe after creating a chance one on two - with, to be honest, a skill play I wasn’t sure he had in him with a minute and a half remaining. He only has one goal on four games since the opening weekend, but he has not slowed down in terms of creating breakaway or odd man chances. Something to keep an eye on as he is proving to be a legitimately dangerous creator at this level - at least with his speed. If his hands and skill catch up like they did on this most recent play...

Optimistic period in terms of scoring two goals - as well as WHO scored them - but disappointing to only hold one-goal leads for 1:44 and 0:27, respectively...
                        Last edited by Dan; 11-02-2019, 06:47 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          I wonder if this is the last we will see of TT for a while.
                          The second goal came on a broken play when the initial shot didn’t get through and ended up right on a Big Green stick carving to the net. He actually made an impressive sprawling save on the first shot before getting beat on the rebound. I didn’t see the first goal - so you will have to tell me.

There is no doubt he is less sure in his handling of rebounds and positioning than Robinson, who is so steady, composed and consistent. Taylor, meanwhile, can get awfully scrambly...

I would think they’ll be careful picking their spots unless Taylor really shows out in practice or Robinson stumbles...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

The second goal came on a broken play when the initial shot didn’t get through and ended up right on a Big Green stick carving to the net. He actually made an impressive sprawling save on the first shot before getting beat on the rebound. I didn’t see the first goal - so you will have to tell me.

There is no doubt he is less sure in his handling of rebounds and positioning than Robinson, who is so steady, composed and consistent. Taylor, meanwhile, can get awfully scrambly...

I would think they’ll be careful picking their spots unless Taylor really shows out in practice or Robinson stumbles...
                            Didn’t get the feed until it was 2-2. Was simply reacting to score.

Watching bruins too. Backes-Savarin collision did not end well for savarin. Hope he’s ok.

Comment

3-2 Dartmouth and that’s not a good goal, short-side...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

3-2 Dartmouth and that’s not a good goal, short-side...
                                Yep. Terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X