Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Can we just be done with Bentley on our schedule? I don't understand why we always struggle with this team.
    Because UNH is not the team of old. If this is an omen of things to come I feel sorry for the few season ticket holders UNH has left.

Comment

Can we just be done with Bentley on our schedule? I don't understand why we always struggle with this team.
      You’ve got to play somebody. I mean, Bentley is a mid-level blah team in the Atlantic. Who exactly do you want UNH to schedule, St. A’s or Plymouth State? Hopefully someone who was there can explain why we lost despite outshooting them 2-1. Not a good look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
        You’ve got to play somebody. I mean, Bentley is a mid-level blah team in the Atlantic. Who exactly do you want UNH to schedule, St. A’s or Plymouth State? Hopefully someone who was there can explain why we lost despite outshooting them 2-1. Not a good look.
        Passing - they couldn’t.
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
          There’s no way to improve on this post.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            LOL I've seen almost the same words in the Northeastern thread from time to time.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
              Not suggesting that at all Greg I just think that this annual Bentley experiment has run its course with less than stellar results. Time to move on.
              UNH

Comment

Not suggesting that at all Greg I just think that this annual Bentley experiment has run its course with less than stellar results. Time to move on.
                Um. This is a game UNH plans on winning when they schedule it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  Passing - they couldn’t.
                  Nope...left before the OT dagger as was parked wayyy out. Nice arena enjoyed seeing the gang from here. That practice they are having in the morning should be interesting. Not much else to say about it could not finish. (But we did win the FO stat tonight lol)
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-18-2019, 08:49 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

They certainly give us fits but we were our own worst enemy...They set a frantic pace that isn't our style. One bright note is the Frosh are out there getting some valua le experience. We have to be better onto 'Mack and BU.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                      Um. This is a game UNH plans on winning when they schedule it.
                      How's that worked out?? Allow me to re-cap for you:

2015-16 UNH, 5-4
                      2016-17 Bentley, 5-1
                      2018-19 UNH, 4-3
                      2019-20 Bentley, 3-2

2-2, but outscored 15-12....and neither UNH win was a dominating win. So much for "a game UNH plans on winning when they schedule it" If that truly is their thinking, then bring on St. A's
                      UNH

Comment

SOG's exposed as meaningless, again.

Bentley seems to get up for its games against HE opposition.

Still, a very disappointing early season result for UNH. Still early yet, though.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

How's that worked out?? Allow me to re-cap for you:

2015-16 UNH, 5-4
                          2016-17 Bentley, 5-1
                          2018-19 UNH, 4-3
                          2019-20 Bentley, 3-2

2-2, but outscored 15-12....and neither UNH win was a dominating win. So much for "a game UNH plans on winning when they schedule it" If that truly is their thinking, then bring on St. A's
                          You honestly think that is a defense? No Hockey East team schedules an Atlantic Hockey team for the prestige of playing a quality opponent. They expect to win. It will never benefit their PWR in a major way. The fact you showed UNH results versus Bentley is an example of how UNH has fallen on tough times in recent years
                          Last edited by scoreboard; 10-18-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Nope...left before the OT dagger as was parked wayyy out. Nice arena enjoyed seeing the gang from here. That practice they are having in the morning should be interesting. Not much else to say about it could not finish. (But we did win the FO stat tonight lol)
                            True. The passing only made it ugly. Despite the shot differential Pelino wasn’t great, but was competent. And that was good enough for what he faced.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Was at the game as a Waltham resident neutral observer...Crookshank and Gildon look elite at times and Sato can absolutely fly. Other than that I was pretty underwhelmed by UNH
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                You honestly think that is a defense? No Hockey East team schedules an Atlantic Hockey team for the prestige of playing a quality opponent. They expect to win. It will not help their PWR in a major way. The fact you showed UNH results versus Bentley is an example of how UNH has fallen on tough times in recent years
                                So, if they expect to win this matchup every year and fall on their face half the time, what's the point?? Schedule a quality opponent that may or may not help their PWR down the road? UNH is not a good team right now, and I'd honestly would feel better that they lose to someone like UMD (not on their schedule) than to lose to Bentley (which they seem to love to schedule because "they expect to win it"....)
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X