Bryn Athyn College Hockey Conference / SUNY Canton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryn Athyn College Hockey Conference / SUNY Canton

Bryn Athyn has been chugging along as an independent at the D3 level for a few years now. They seem like a perfect fit for the UCHC with LVC, Neumann, Kings, Wilkes, and Stevenson all being within a 2 hour drive. Why have they remained independent? Have they not gotten an invite? I know their on campus rink isn’t shiny and new but it is on campus and gets the job done.

Speaking of independents, how is Canton still not in a league? I know the North Country is pretty far removed from other schools but Potsdam is ten minutes away and they’re in the SUNYAC. What gives? It has to be hard to recruit to a team with no conference affiliation, thus no AQ bid to the tournament come March. I was up at Canton recently and their hockey facilities are top notch. I saw pictures before but being there gave me a whole different perspective on it. I remember the days of Canton when it was a JuCo. I was recruited there and a local community rink was all they had. That whole school, athletic program, and overall campus offerings have come a long way in just the last 15 years.

Re: Bryn Athyn College Hockey Conference / SUNY Canton

Canton plays Oswego, they are a credible hockey team, not sure why they are not in the Sunyac

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
      Canton plays Oswego, they are a credible hockey team, not sure why they are not in the Sunyac
      The board simply said no.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
      X