X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    but did feel that the CCHA's deal with UAF was reasonable.

[/I]
    list it all so everybody knows what it was..... or talkin out you.....

I bettin on B
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by FightingFalcons View Post
      There must be some exception to this. Colorado College is D-3 in other sports.
      So is UAA. And the dollar figures I quoted was for airfare ALONE. The hotel costs are extra.
      Last edited by Suze; 06-30-2019, 08:36 PM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        So is UAA. And the dollar figures I quoted was for airfare ALONE. The hotel costs are extra. And I was told UAA has 500 season ticket holders, not 300. Not nitpicking, just clarifying.
        So how about this possible scenario. BGSU,Mankato and BSU were fed up and decided to leave. the rest of the 7 teams went along.Did they have much choice?
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          So how about this possible scenario. BGSU,Mankato and BSU were fed up and decided to leave. the rest of the 7 teams went along.Did they have much choice?
          Yes. In your scenario those four schools could have showed some solidarity with Alaska, Anchorage and Huntsville and told BGSU, MSU and BSU to pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
            If UAH is still progressing and remains committed, I don't see why they wouldn't fit in well with the AHA and NCHC can happily take AF if needed to balance their conference out. At the end of the day, college (and it's sports) are a business and the Alaska schools are more complicated. I would agree that it's unsustainable for two Alaska schools to be in the same conference especially in a conference like the WCHA that just got assblasted a few years ago with realignment leaving only the smaller schools behind.
            And if a bus league is what the WCHA/CCHA wants, let them have Miami and WMU back and I'd gladly take back Mankato or Bemidji or whatever need be. With all this going on though, it's a guarantee ASU will be welcome to a conference in the very near future--just remains to be seen which one. I do hope this is just a warning shot for some negotiations to begin and maybe Denver and UND would be more receptive of one weekend trip to Anchorage once per year especially if their travel is balanced out by picking up local schools AF(Denver) and Bemidji(UND). But again, it's a business and they may not at all. I always wanted to make a trip to Anchorage

Should be plenty of room for some negotiations to be had and some interconference co-operation (although did somebody suggest the B1G may take one of the teams? lol... not until they find an oil-bearing gold deposit under one of the Alaska campuses..)
            Where was the interconference cooperation when the Big Ten was formed. There was no working together then. Hopefully there will be this time around, but I doubt it.

Comment

CCHA 2.0 Anything East of Wisconsin
              NCHA 2.0 or WCHA 3.0 Anything West of Lake Michigan (excluding the UP).

Split Alaska and UAH to CCHA 2.0
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am a biit shocked but not surprised. Those Alaska schools have been struggling for quite sometime now. I don’t see them being part of college hockey in a couple years which would coincide with the new league.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Unless St Thomas moves it’s entire athletic program up, they can’t play D-1 hockey.
                  I understand that but it’s fairly apparent that they will go D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Yes. In your scenario those four schools could have showed some solidarity with Alaska, Anchorage and Huntsville and told BGSU, MSU and BSU to pound sand.
                    BGSU was the last school to commit to a league when the CCHA exploded. Had Ferris and Lake Superior not jumped to the WCHA immediately, this league would have probably formed back then, and everybody would have had a different opinion of the schools involved. The difference now is the landscape has changed slightly with Tech, BSU, Northern, and Mankato involved. AHA has also went full scholarship since then. BG also has a coach with very strong ties to the state of Minnesota.

This isn't the final look of the conference. My crystal ball says ASU to Big Ten, Huntsville to AHA, one Alaska team added to CCHA 2.0, and one is gone forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                      ... NCHC can happily take AF if needed ...
                      Never going to happen. Air Force and Army are a bonded pair.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                        As a fan of any of the 7 teams, as a fan of college hockey, I would not be impressed with the method. Each of the schools always has the right to make changes to benefit their program. But as members of a league (which is essentially a partnership) each of the members has a duty to be honest and respectful to the others. To dump this publicly without any advance notice to the injured 3 is a pretty devious conspiracy. IMHO
                        To leave the WCHA without a penalty, they had to give a 2 year warning. My assumption is, they gave the warning as soon as they could. So, they gave a 2 year notice, as required. The only good thing about it, is it makes decisions by the alaska and alabama schools a last choice, basically they can't dick around, they have to figure it out soon. I have always assumed, since the Big Ten came, that the Alaska schools were screwed.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          My prediction is this. WMU and Miami will hook up with the departing WCHA 7, and BSU and Mankato joins the NCHC. Then the new CCHA can pick up ASU or maybe get RMU to move.
                          I don't see WMU being interested in leaving. Our OOC schedule is almost always very local so travel costs wouldn't be a significant enough savings to make the difference when we're very competitive in the best conference in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            My prediction is this. WMU and Miami will hook up with the departing WCHA 7, and BSU and Mankato joins the NCHC. Then the new CCHA can pick up ASU or maybe get RMU to move.
                            And then Minnesota and wisconsin ditch the POS conference that ruined college hockey and join this new NCHC. And they call it the WCHA2. And it's the best conference that ever existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              My prediction is this. WMU and Miami will hook up with the departing WCHA 7,
                              They are going to pay the buyout of one year league expenses?
                              At last check that was 1.5 million.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                                BGSU was the last school to commit to a league when the CCHA exploded. Had Ferris and Lake Superior not jumped to the WCHA immediately, this league would have probably formed back then, and everybody would have had a different opinion of the schools involved. The difference now is the landscape has changed slightly with Tech, BSU, Northern, and Mankato involved. AHA has also went full scholarship since then. BG also has a coach with very strong ties to the state of Minnesota.

This isn't the final look of the conference. My crystal ball says ASU to Big Ten, Huntsville to AHA, one Alaska team added to CCHA 2.0, and one is gone forever.
                                The CCHA was left with BGSU, LSSU, Ferris, and Fairbanks. With Notre Dame and WMU “exploring” their options. The “new” WCHA was to have UAA, Bemidji, Minnesota St, St Cloud, Tech and NMU. Notre Dame joined Hockey East after they couldn’t reach an agreement with the NCHC. Then Western and St Cloud jumped to the NCHC. That left 5 teams in the WCHA, four in the CCHA and Huntsville as an independent. The “leftovers” had little choice but to merge.
                                Last edited by davyd83; 06-30-2019, 12:38 AM.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X