Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Let's get this going in memory of Steve Gerrish, a friend to many here.

Good things happening on the Heights. Jerry is in the HHOF. (Jack Parker hasn't made it yet ;-)). Good young players coming in. Cotton and Hutsko coming back. Lot's to look forward to
    for a change with no dark clouds on the horizon.

Carry on.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Good things happening on the Heights. Jerry is in the HHOF. (Jack Parker hasn't made it yet ;-)). Good young players coming in. Cotton and Hutsko coming back. Lot's to look forward to

Carry on.
    Congrats to Jerry. Being the all-time leader and a guy everybody respects is a good combination. Unless something changes, I doubt Jack will get in. Among the greats for sure, and an icon in the Boston area. But HHOF is another level. Perhaps if he had taken the Bruins gig way back when and had a lot of success.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Congrats to Jerry. Being the all-time leader and a guy everybody respects is a good combination. Unless something changes, I doubt Jack will get in. Among the greats for sure, and an icon in the Boston area. But HHOF is another level. Perhaps if he had taken the Bruins gig way back when and had a lot of success.
      Jack has one heck of a coaching tree and the 6 Degrees of Jack Parker is pretty extensive, too.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Florida gave Bobrovsky a 7 year deal...in theory that is great news for York/Ayers in that Knight should be here a while.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Florida gave Bobrovsky a 7 year deal...in theory that is great news for York/Ayers in that Knight should be here a while.
          IDK Pierre was fairly adamant during the draft, one year for him at BC then on to the pros. A lot of other factors at play though.

Just like all the others, sign ELC, get paid for 3 years, then GET PAID.

No idea what this team will be like. Cotton could have off-the-charts season. Hutsko too. Defense??????????
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ya that was definitely interesting to hear. I just think one year would be highly unusual. And now Florida has no immediate need for him.

I think the forward group could be pretty good if Boldy and Newhook are as advertised. Top line could be Cotton-Mattila-Hutsko. They have been a very good line. Boldy and Newhook. McPhee returns from injury and hopefully to his sophomore year form. Hope that McBain and McLaughlin take a step forward. And Grando and
            Rasanen can be good role players.

Defense could definitely be suspect. They should have enough offense from the d but can they actually defend? Not sure on that one.

Comment

Carry on.
              Did something happen to Fivehole ? Sorry to hear if he left us ((

New season and new hope. Nowhere to go but up after the worst season in a long time.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                Nowhere to go but up after the worst season in a long time.
                don't remember the mid 90s?!?!?!

-wasn't that long ago
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  don't remember the mid 90s?!?!?!

-wasn't that long ago
                  Of course I do but that was like 2 1/2 decades ago after Len Ceglaski retired and the debacle with Milbury and Cedarchuk

They didn’t have a winning record until 1998 after York rebuilt the program

BU basically won every beanpot and drubbed BC mercilessly

Imagine if Bill Flynn had hired York earlier ? But he said York was too young and inexperienced

I have experienced BC program since the 1970s in their up and downs
                  Last edited by BCeagle; 07-10-2019, 01:53 PM.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

blink of an eye.....

mookie fondly remembers a kid holding up a sign reading

"0-19-1
                    what rivalry?"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Ya that was definitely interesting to hear. I just think one year would be highly unusual. And now Florida has no immediate need for him.

I think the forward group could be pretty good if Boldy and Newhook are as advertised. Top line could be Cotton-Mattila-Hutsko. They have been a very good line. Boldy and Newhook. McPhee returns from injury and hopefully to his sophomore year form. Hope that McBain and McLaughlin take a step forward. And Grando and
                      Rasanen can be good role players.

Defense could definitely be suspect. They should have enough offense from the d but can they actually defend? Not sure on that one.
                      Agree

Hopefully Spencer Knight can bail them out big time

The defence just need to play a lot better than last year and play smart

Comment

They will be ok, loss of Kim and Fitz hurt but they didn't generate much offense last season. Hard to predict what Freshmen will do but there is a good group of experienced forwards coming back. Only 3 months until first game, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

The defence just need to play a lot better than last year and play smart
                          oh, that's all?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            oh, that's all?
                            What do you want me to say dude ? I am too lazy to write a long response when I could be hitting golf balls outside 😀 ⛳️ 🏌️*♀️

Addition of new defensemen hopefully will improve our defense corp

They miss the skills and physicality of a Santini or McCoshen or a Dumulin

Comment

Nice job Jack, ole FiveHole12 loves the title too I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X