No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Brad Schlossman with an interesting factoid. Clay Matvick did the play by play for Mn - Holy Cross, SCSU - AF and now SCSU - AIC.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      I remember that. Wasn’t that when St. Cloud had never won an NCAA playoff game yet?
      Yes.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Serves me right for picking those chokers to win the USCHO bracket challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Right. The 16 beating the 1 is just par for the course. We all picked it in our brackets, right?
          Just numbers man....just numbers.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Right?! I should’ve known better as they busted my bracket last year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              It’s happened three of the last four years...
              Let priceless be priceless
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You and me both. And the majority of the contestants.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

So, not Motzko's fault.

Wait, the team is Motzko recruits. Withdrawn.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

I can't believe SCSU blew it again. They are the UNH of the west.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      So, not Motzko's fault.

Wait, the team is Motzko recruits. Withdrawn.
                      Larsen needs time to get his own guys in there. SCSU will be much better in 2022-23

Comment

I do a bracket challenge every year. 50 entrants this year. One person picked AIC. My wife. Unreal. She has a great hockey mind
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I can’t even... with St Cloud. Wow.

Notre Dame is a vampire. (Until the NC game. ). Jeff Jackson is the best coach in D1.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Jeff Jackson is the best coach in D1.
                            Hmmm I think it's Scott Sandelin right now

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              I do a bracket challenge every year. 50 entrants this year. One person picked AIC. My wife. Unreal. She has a great hockey mind
                              Mike McMahon at CHN tweeted that his 9 year old picked AIC because “AIC beat Army and Army guys are tough.” Seems logical. I may have to change the way I make my picks.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                                Which raises an interesting question: has an NCAA tournament game ever ended on a penalty shot?
                                That is an interesting question.

Power Play, yes. The 2002 Title Game ended on a PP. But a penalty shot? I certainly can't recall that ever happening in the tournament. Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X