2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Didn't Lou get his revenge on you in 81 (after another epic CCT collapse in the semi v PC)?
    PC beat Cornell 8-5 in the finals, I believe.
    I guess PC will try to avenge losing in OT in 2016 instead?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
      Not that I am arguing that playing in St. Paul isn't an advantage when the Gophers are there, but I think one of the arguments people made, that had some validity, is that their home rink is Olympic sized, and the X is NHL sized.
      Can't be. Princess was there and knows better.

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Not that I am arguing that playing in St. Paul isn't an advantage when the Gophers are there, but I think one of the arguments people made, that had some validity, is that their home rink is Olympic sized, and the X is NHL sized.
        Add to that, if we’re still botching about the final five, that was essentially a two-hour or less drive for St. Cloud, Duluth, MSU. It was less than a six-hour drive for Wisconsin, North Dakota, Bemidji. Tech isn’t much further.

Yeah, for Anchorage, Denver, CC, and UNO it probably sucked.

But there was a zero percent chance for it being held in Omaha or Anchorage. Fargo May have been an option, but more Sioux fans live in the cities than Fargo or Grand Forks and they never have travel issues anyways.

Sure, Denver and CC might have had some legit gripes, but since gate was split starting from the first round on IIRC, it was in the interest of the conference to have it in the most central location with a large rink. But to be honest I don’t think Denver can whine because I’ve seen like two of their fans on the road ever.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Can't be. Princess was there and knows better.
          Someone who took you more seriously might be offended by your homophobic and sexist remark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Someone who took you more seriously might be offended by your homophobic and sexist remark.
            Princess is neither
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              You don't know what those words mean do you...
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Princess is neither
                Right. Calling a man by a female title is perfectly reasonable.

I'm just glad he recognizes my regal greatness.

Comment

Cornell should be forced to forfeit this game after trying to break out from behind their own net.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

That wouldn't have been a goal if Providence didn't have home ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Awesome Alan! Go Umass go hockey east! -Mainuh
                      Ayuh!
                      Sons of old Massachusetts,
                      Devoted daughters true,
                      Bay State, old Bay State,
                      We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Per rule it shouldn't have counted...looked to me like he not only turned his skate, his forward momentum directed the puck into the net.

(c) A goal shall not be allowed if the following occurs:

An attacking player kicks the puck directly into the goal or a kicked puck deflects off any player, including goalkeeper, prior to entering the goal.
                        The puck has been thrown or deliberately directed into the goal by any means other than a stick, even if subsequently deflecting off any player, including goalkeeper, prior to entering the goal.

Comment

I'm in favour of having ererything that is last touched by anything other than a defender or an attacking player's stick being disallowed. That would eliminate a lot of grey area. It would take away goals deflected off attackers in front of the net, but I think it would be better that way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Providence's power play isn't anything special. The penalty kills they are facing have been terrible.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Announcers said that last night Cornell hotel lost power. Providence went to their facility for ice, whirlpool, inversion, etc.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                Announcers said that last night Cornell hotel lost power. Providence went to their facility for ice, whirlpool, inversion, etc.
                                At least they didn't eat pizza.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X