No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

2-0. Total hustle goal.

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Notre Dame and UMD are alike in that I just assume they’re going to win somehow,

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

If I could pick one team to be a fan of, because they just flat old know how to win, it would be UMD.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Clarkson done and Cornell soon to follow.
          Oops.

Comment

3-0 ZooMass. Certainly no team will blow a three-goal lead...

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              If I could pick one team to be a fan of, because they just flat old know how to win, it would be UMD.
              It’s a relatively recent development. 🤣
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

ASU-QU game just coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  UMD is real good at one thing. Diving. Other than that they whine a lot and eat brown unknown things for dinner.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    But this intermission report on ESPNU is so engrossing. Just like it has been the dozen other times it's been on.

Comment

I would say that most of these games have not been all that compelling. the BG vs UMD game being the exception. I thought the Clarkson/ ND game was a snoozer.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                        QU up 1-0 early . A bit of a soft one given up by ASU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          ”Stupidest.”
                          Everyone stayed in a hotel. That’s literally my point.
                          For all the complaining about it being a home game, MSU had last change and the home bench.

I guess we agree on the rest? Progress?
                          You didn’t read what I said. Nothing on the ice was an advantage for Providence and most likely you guys would’ve won if the game was played in Fargo. Providence College played a game 9 minutes from campus. Nine minutes. Your fans are able to do their regular errands, sleep in their own beds, etc. on the same day, just like if it was a regular home game on a Saturday night at Schneider. It’s not a trip for anyone associated with the school. And don’t throw that idiocy about the team having to stay in Warwick, a few miles down 95. All teams playing in the NCAAs stay in a hotel. If you guys were a higher seed you probably would’ve stayed at a hotel closer to the Dunk.

Comment

The numbers that matter to the NCAA are found on the balance sheet. Those indicate that it will make more from the Providence regional than the other three combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              ”Stupidest.”
                              Everyone stayed in a hotel. That’s literally my point.
                              For all the complaining about it being a home game, MSU had last change and the home bench.

I guess we agree on the rest? Progress?
                              Home bench???

The only home bench rigged for any advantage is a couple miles up the road in Foxboro
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                I would be interested in how the ESPN/NCAA contract is worded. Does it specify that hockey, wrestling, gymnastics etc have to be on the ESPN family of networks, or just aired on ESPN, and thus the NCAA allows the tournaments to move to ESPN+
                                There's no way the NCAA is going to allow tournament games to move behind the ESPN+ paywall. They're streamed on ESPN3 already (the free part) and a few sometimes are streamed exclusively every year, but there's a contractual reason they are being broadcast and available. That deal includes online streaming obviously but the NCAA would gain nothing out of them being moved to ESPN+ (if they wanted to put these games behind a paywall, you can bet the NCAA would do it themselves if they could and cut out ESPN completely).

Besides, even if they generate scant ratings, what else does ESPNU and ESPNews have to televise at the end of March? Hoops is over, the other winter sports are all done. A couple of lax games aren't going to get bigger numbers, so it's not like something significant is being pre-empted that's going to necessarily draw that many more eyeballs for them opposite NCAA basketball.
                                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-30-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X