No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

The question is, who is going to flame out more? The State of Minnesota or the ECAC?
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Sieveish from Primeau

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I thought he said Brown didn’t put in the bid.
        I meant the city, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          I never said they were the hosts. I said it wasn't home ice. And it wasn't.
          It's a 9 min. bus ride from Providence College to the Dunk. There's never been a closer regional site for a #4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            The question is, who is going to flame out more? The State of Minnesota or the ECAC?
            I expect one MN or ECAC team to make the FF. Let's see which.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              MSUM are 3rd in the PWR with the second best W% in the NCAA, Providence is 14th. The committee had an attendance $$$ obsession with this location. Not at all fair.
              So we're just gonna keep ignoring the fact Minn State had a 3-0 lead and that the 3rd ranked team in the country should lock that game down no matter where it is played?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                It's a 9 min. bus ride from Providence College to the Dunk. There's never been a closer regional site for a #4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
                Convince the NCAA money is overrated and maybe they will stop putting Providence in Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Yup, that's got to be tough. After watching the replay it looked like the elbow came up and made contact to the head.

A big play in the game was the disallowed goal for offsides at the end of the first. That would have regained the 3 goal lead and stopped PC's momentum after they had scored. PC really got going after that first goal. It's hard to say how the game would have gone if MSU goes up 4-1.
                  Didn't have to watch he replay to see the head contact. and it was clearly offsides.

As for 'home' ice being an advantage, last year someone had stats for seeds on how much they traveled going back to 2006. #4 seeds were like 5-2 when they didn't have to travel, and number one seeds that had to fly were well under .500. Seems like there is an advantage, even if not the host, or on the 'home' team ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    So we're just gonna keep ignoring the fact Minn State had a 3-0 lead and that the 3rd ranked team in the country should lock that game down no matter where it is played?
                    It appears so, yes.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Yes. Especially since Providence goals were scored by their fans who didn't have to drive far from their hotel.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Nope, we blew it. Badly.

That doesnt mean there arent other issues. In this case, it likely didnt make any difference, but itsfoolish to act as though it couldnt make a difference.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I don’t think anyone is ignoring the fact that Mankato performed an epic choke job. They should have won the game... Completely separate from that fact is that Providence had a home rink advantage as a 4 seed. Both are of these are facts. Frankly, the system stinks of NCAA incompetence but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            Yes. Especially since Providence goals were scored by their fans who didn't have to drive far from their hotel.
                            Don't forget they were all power play goals.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              MSUM didn't get it done on the PP and the major cost them the game. But an arena 9 min. away from campus packed with Providence fans is home ice advantage for a #4 seed. That's not a fair deal for #1 MSUM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                                Nope, we blew it. Badly.

That doesnt mean there arent other issues. In this case, it likely didnt make any difference, but itsfoolish to act as though it couldnt make a difference.
                                I understand the problems with the system. All I am saying is Providence playing at the DDC shouldn't matter when they are down 3-0. Minn State had the game and didn't know what to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X