No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Why doesn't MN ST host in Minneapolis every other year? Do they?
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Whether you like the ESPN announcing crew or not, I would recommend WRBB for the 4:30 game. Northeastern student radio consistently has one of the best broadcasts in the country. Also, listening to the audio allows you to multitask and watch the UMD/BGSU game.

Comment

A regional with an atmosphere! No wonder so many of you are ****ed about it.

Great uni game. ND-Clarkson was also easy on the eyes.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

yeah, they had a grueling ten-minute bus ride. Not a home game at all.
          For years I argued that games at the X were home games for the Gophers but was told repeatedly that they weren't. So neither is this.

Don't like it? Bid to host.

Comment

Originally posted by 70gopher View Post
            They're playing in Providence.........same thing as far as crowd goes. Total B.S.
            Gopher fans have lots of room to talk on this subject.

Comment

We have a lacrosse game that looks like its going to run long on the U.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                It wouldn't seem right if we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  For years I argued that games at the X were home games for the Gophers but was told repeatedly that they weren't. So neither is this.

And I agree that the games at the Xcel were home games for the Gophers. Providence wasn't the host., but they got home advantage anyway.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    So much for catching the beginning of UMD/BG before heading downtown.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Mark Divver reported Providence did not put in a bid for the next regional cycle, conflict with another event.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Mark Divver reported Providence did not put in a bid for the next regional cycle, conflict with another event.
                        I thought he said Brown didn’t put in the bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Gopher fans have lots of room to talk on this subject.
                          Never as a 4 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Kind of how I feel about it. Besides, if North Dakota was in everybody would be howling about them playing in Fargo. And there’s not much point in anybody holding it against Providence that they basically played at home...the NCAA and the selection committee put them there to maximize attendance and revenue.

In a perfect world, the NCAA would lower the dollar guarantee for regionals to encourage more schools to bid for regionals and balance things out more. But the problem with that logic is the NCAA still gets its $150k guarantee in the current system where most schools don’t want to risk losing the money if the attendance doesn’t pan out. The only way it will ever change is if the NCAA only gets two or three bids to host regionals in a given year.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That was a major choke by MSUM's PP unit. PPG: 44 (1st), GWG: 32 (1st) and they can't bury a PPG (0-3). 4/6 goals by Providence were PPGs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                                with standing room, a little over 5000.

can only review for a major.

yeah, they had a grueling ten-minute bus ride. Not a home game at all.
                                Their hotel was in Warwick. Everyone else stayed inProvidence.

I can’t to hear the complaints about the officiating next.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X