ECAC in the NCAAs 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC in the NCAAs 2019

For the first time since 1984, the ECAC has 4 teams in the NCAA Tournament (Thank you Ralph). How many ECAC teams will make the final 4? Does our non-conf record portent success? Will any of our teams make it to the F4? Which ECAC teams have the best chance of bringing home a National Championship? Cornell and Clarkson fans have their own forums so this is also an opportunity for them to jump in and comment as well. Here is wishing all four teams great success. Cornell and Clarkson are very strong this year and both Qpac and Harvard have recent F4 experience. If the Dutchmen can knock off Northeastern and St. Cloud, then so can Harvard, Cornell, Clarkson and Qpac. Lets go ECAC !!! Best and the Brightest.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 03-25-2019, 06:53 PM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Re: ECAC in the NCAAs 2019

I have Clarkson winning the whole thing in the USCHO bracket contest.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      I am hoping that at least two make it out of the Regionals to the F4. Bennett has said that he has not seen the ECAC this strong in many years.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        I am hoping that at least two make it out of the Regionals to the F4. Bennett has said that he has not seen the ECAC this strong in many years.
        No doubt about it: the ECAC was a meat-grinder this year from top to bottom, as shown by how tight the standing were on the final weekend of the regular season. That said, the conference as a whole didn't have the greatest record against OOC competition (43-46-6).

Any of the four teams could make it to the F4, but (and it truly pains me to say this) I think Quinnipiac has the best shot.

Comment

I will be happy if the collective ECAC record is .500. I don't expect it.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that Union is partially responsible for the ECAC's showing. They had a great OOC record and a relative mediocre conference record. That should have the effect of pushing up the rest of the league.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I would have loved an all-ECAC Frozen Four, but the NCAA Selection Committee just *had* to put Harvard and Clarkson in the same regional.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                I've watched SCSU & UMD. Those are two tough nuts to crack if you're going to win the title.

I give us even odds to come out of Manchester.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You are a very optimistic group lol even one FF berth looks tough and the most likely one will be the region with two teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    I would have loved an all-ECAC Frozen Four, but the NCAA Selection Committee just *had* to put Harvard and Clarkson in the same regional.
                    I was hoping to beat Harvard in the QF, Quinnipiac in the SF, and Clarkson in the F, but I'm OK with our draw.

playoffstatus.com calculates the following probabilities:

Code:
                         1R QF SF  F
                    Qpc  56 27 14 06
                    Clk  54 25 10 05
                    Cor  45 20 09 04
                    Hvd  39 19 07 03
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is certainly the strongest top 4, top 5, and top 6 the ECAC has had in my ECAC lifetime (since 82) and likely ever.

We have obviously had far more dominate top 1 and top 2, and perhaps top 3, years.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This is certainly the strongest top 4, top 5, and top 6 the ECAC has had in my ECAC lifetime (since 82) and likely ever.

We have obviously had far more dominate top 1 and top 2, and perhaps top 3, years.
                        100% agreed Keps! While it is not a dominant top heavy it, definitely the middle 1/3 of teams have improved as shown by their OOC and in conference record against the big boys. Now that Princeton (fell back a bit this past year) and Brown have caught the stagger, we now need RPI and St L to get back to where they once were. Who will be the Princeton's and Brown's next year?

Comment

I did not see a thread for Clarkson so I will post my thoughts here. Like I predicted, Clarkson to win the ECAC and Whitelaw, and with all due respect to Quinnipiac, Cornell, and Harvard, I truly believe Clarkson is the best out of this bunch. They can play any style but they wear on you. If Sturm and Kielly remains their best players they will do very well. They are one team that plays the right way, very fundamentally sound, especially on the defensive end and that's playoff hockey. They also have the right mix of skill/grit. It sucks that Harvard is in the same bracket. Go ahead and keep doing what you are doing and represent the ECAC well! good Luck!

Comment

Finally the Big Red! I do not see a thread for them. Cornell is built for for the playoffs. This is very simple...as Galadja goes Cornell will follow ( he needs to be their best player) I hope he has recovered from his injury. They have incorporates a few smallish (for them) skillish guys to go with Vanderlaan so they have better balanced. Their D core is good but not as sound as Clarkson. Kaldis is a smooth skating talent but can be questionable defending in his own D zone. If they get the lead, turn out the lights and good night! But on the contrare, if they have to come from behind, this will proved very difficult for them. Go IVY and ECAC and do it up, Big Red!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                              I did not see a thread for Clarkson so I will post my thoughts here. Like I predicted, Clarkson to win the ECAC and Whitelaw, and with all due respect to Quinnipiac, Cornell, and Harvard, I truly believe Clarkson is the best out of this bunch. They can play any style but they wear on you. If Sturm and Kielly remains their best players they will do very well. They are one team that plays the right way, very fundamentally sound, especially on the defensive end and that's playoff hockey. They also have the right mix of skill/grit. It sucks that Harvard is in the same bracket. Go ahead and keep doing what you are doing and represent the ECAC well! good Luck!
                              Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                              Finally the Big Red! I do not see a thread for them. Cornell is built for for the playoffs. This is very simple...as Galadja goes Cornell will follow ( he needs to be their best player) I hope he has recovered from his injury. They have incorporates a few smallish (for them) skillish guys to go with Vanderlaan so they have better balanced. Their D core is good but not as sound as Clarkson. Kaldis is a smooth skating talent but can be questionable defending in his own D zone. If they get the lead, turn out the lights and good night! But on the contrare, if they have to come from behind, this will proved very difficult for them. Go IVY and ECAC and do it up, Big Red!
                              Clarkson and Cornell fans mainly post on their own boards: http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/ and http://elf.elynah.com/.

(Change https to http.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X