Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random phone call from the NCAA for the Frozen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random phone call from the NCAA for the Frozen?

Did anybody else get a random call from the NCAA office in Indy? I did today and just thought it was a weird voicemail. They didn’t offer any details besides that it was a guy from Indy calling about the Frozen Four.

Re: Random phone call from the NCAA for the Frozen?

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
    Did anybody else get a random call from the NCAA office in Indy? I did today and just thought it was a weird voicemail. They didn’t offer any details besides that it was a guy from Indy calling about the Frozen Four.
    I did as well. No details, just a name, the fact that he was from the NCAA and the fact that it was about the Frozen Four. I haven't had the opportunity (or much desire) to call him back yet. I can't imagine it is about me winning something.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I'm sure they are desperate.

Comment

I've gotten them before, when we didn't renew last year. I told them pretty clearly that the reason was that we got pretty poor seats in the largest NHL stadium in the country after getting a pretty darned good priority number. We moved from very good middle height, lower bowl up to the nose bleed level. I didn't appreciate that at all. And the fact that I paid more to get less was the tipping point.

Comment

I'd like to know if the tickets in the school blocks people are buying from the 4 participating teams are in the lower bowl like they used to be (and should be). In 2017 the lower bowl tickets were not made available to me. Odd because demand for the FF seems to be short of what it was some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            I'd like to know if the tickets in the school blocks people are buying from the 4 participating teams are in the lower bowl like they used to be (and should be). In 2017 the lower bowl tickets were not made available to me. Odd because demand for the FF seems to be short of what it was some years ago.
            They are way overpriced for the Buffalo area. Like I said in a separate thread earlier in the year, you would have thought Buffalo learned their lesson from the World Juniors last year, and the WJC can depend on nearby Canadian fans. The FF does not.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I've gotten them before, when we didn't renew last year. I told them pretty clearly that the reason was that we got pretty poor seats in the largest NHL stadium in the country after getting a pretty darned good priority number. We moved from very good middle height, lower bowl up to the nose bleed level. I didn't appreciate that at all. And the fact that I paid more to get less was the tipping point.
              If what you're referring to is the lack of availability of seats when your number came up, I would guess that might be due to the increase in the maximum number of tickets we could order. Since we can now get up to 8, the higher priority folks may be claiming more early.
              Even so, I am surprised that too many folks with decent priority numbers would end up in nose-bleeds nowadays. These things are not even close to selling out ahead of time anymore. Of course it may depend on your definition of "pretty darned good priority number".
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                They are way overpriced for the Buffalo area. Like I said in a separate thread earlier in the year, you would have thought Buffalo learned their lesson from the World Juniors last year, and the WJC can depend on nearby Canadian fans. The FF does not.
                Last time it was there the scalpers were practically giving the tickets away.

BTW, Russell, nice article in the NY District USAH playoffs. I didn't detect any North Country bias in it at all.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We haven't gone the past few years and we've gotten a call each year. Seems like kind of a combination of soft-sell (didn't come across like a used car salesman) to try to sell tickets and a marketing survey to find out why long time attendees aren't buying tickets. In our case the air travel got to be too much of a hassle. This year we were planning on driving, but we've got a conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    If what you're referring to is the lack of availability of seats when your number came up, I would guess that might be due to the increase in the maximum number of tickets we could order. Since we can now get up to 8, the higher priority folks may be claiming more early.
                    Even so, I am surprised that too many folks with decent priority numbers would end up in nose-bleeds nowadays. These things are not even close to selling out ahead of time anymore. Of course it may depend on your definition of "pretty darned good priority number".
                    I think it was 10 or so, but the result was that we had mid height lower bowl seats in the endzone one year, and then same spot, 100ft higher the next. So far worse seats for more money in a larger stadium. We had enough. Last year, when Michigan made it, we found decent seat on the market, so we will go back to that.

We had a great run, as it was great to see my parents on a hockey vacation every year. And are ok with it being over.

But I was pretty clear with the NCAA person who called that we were not happy with the significant downgrade in seats.

Comment

Working...
                    X