Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
    i need to rephrase that... i can see both MNSU and BGSU moving on. and the next team in line would be tech, IF there was a next team. i don't see tech going anywhere from NMU and LSSU.

and based on the comments from kurtz, they will all be sticking together. and if so, who is the 8th? he commented on finding another team...

boy, do i wish it was UMD...
    hell, give up BGSU [ignoring not having a place on the DI table] and go with six. have an auto-bid and take OH out of the travels.

then schedule NC games with UMD, SCSU, goofs, wisco, and maybe even the chicken hawks (or WMU, mich, and state).
    Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 07-06-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
      hell, give up BGSU [ignoring not having a place on the DI table] and go with six. have an auto-bid and take OH out of the travels.

then schedule NC games with UMD, SCSU, goofs, wisco, and maybe even the chicken hawks (or WMU, mich, and state).
      Until the 6-team autobid goes away because they didn't have a vote against it. I think losing BG (and the seat at the DI table) would be a lot worse for the 6 than people think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Until the 6-team autobid goes away because they didn't have a vote against it. I think losing BG (and the seat at the DI table) would be a lot worse for the 6 than people think.

I know it’s a seat at the table but it’s not like BGSU has much pull. They’re just one school in the MAC.

I’m convinced a lot of this is about getting UAH to step up their game and get this new arena of its setting the stage for St Thomas to move up to D2 after they get kicked out of the MIAC and play up in hockey and join the departing 7 as the 3rd Minnesota school.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I know it’s a seat at the table but it’s not like BGSU has much pull. They’re just one school in the MAC.
          I hesitated before responding because I don't think I have this entirely correct, but I believe that MAC schools get to pool our individual votes into one vote; we don't get a vote as an individual school. Which means us, Western, and Miami State collectively get one vote. So it's more like a seat at one of the kids tables in the greater DI dining hall. Which is, as you point out, slightly better than nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            I hesitated before responding because I don't think I have this entirely correct, but I believe that MAC schools get to pool our individual votes into one vote; we don't get a vote as an individual school. Which means us, Western, and Miami State collectively get one vote. So it's more like a seat at one of the kids tables in the greater DI dining hall. Which is, as you point out, slightly better than nothing at all.
            You are correct but it’s one vote for all of the conference...so Ohio and BGSU have equal day in deciding the MAC vote on any given subject. Granted non-hockey schools should be deferring to hockey schools but who knows how that plays out in practice?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You are correct but it’s one vote for all of the conference...so Ohio and BGSU have equal day in deciding the MAC vote on any given subject. Granted non-hockey schools should be deferring to hockey schools but who knows how that plays out in practice?
              Pfffft. When it comes down to it, hockey schools will tell non-hockey schools what do to.

Comment

It should be getting close to time for another JSH. I'm sure we could all come up with some good questions to ask, even if Joe isn't supposed to discuss a topic you know he's good for at least a paragraph to much before he stops himself..

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  It should be getting close to time for another JSH. I'm sure we could all come up with some good questions to ask, even if Joe isn't supposed to discuss a topic you know he's good for at least a paragraph to much before he stops himself..
                  That he is.

Hope to hear what his thoughts are on "the new league".

(I understand why we did what we did, but feel this is a nacho like move. Alaska is a dumpster fire right now and gets nothing but ominous press. Other than travel, why dump UAH? (unless ASU is slated to join, which also has geographical issues.) With the announcement of a planned new stadium, it seemed like UAH was making a commitment to hockey. On the surface, seems like very un-Tech like moves.)

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Sanregret called Dirk and forbid him from having a Joe Show.

But I agree, I'd love to hear what he has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Sanregret called Dirk and forbid him from having a Joe Show.

But I agree, I'd love to hear what he has to say.

I don't know that she'd forbid a show. They are going to have to do shows eventually..

However I would expect that Coach will be well instructed on the phrase "no comment" . But hey if you can get him talking on one subject it has a way of transitioning into another. So certainly it would be worth a listen.

Other questions that Coach could address: Crespi's shoulder, fully recovered from last seasons surgery? Is Keegan Ford back or not? Improvement from last years freshmen and are any of them ready to make significant steps up this season. How are the incoming freshmen looking. Are they all on campus now. How is Parrotino's injury doing since he's back on the ice with the summer youth camp?

I think there's a lot he can talk about without talking about the stuff he's not supposed to talk about

And on another note, is anyone having trouble getting discord to work today. It won't connect and won't let me in.. and the emails it says it's sending me aren't getting to me…

Comment

I don't know that she'd forbid a show. They are going to have to do shows eventually..

However I would expect that Coach will be well instructed on the phrase "no comment" . But hey if you can get him talking on one subject it has a way of transitioning into another. So certainly it would be worth a listen.

Other questions that Coach could address: Crespi's shoulder, fully recovered from last seasons surgery? Is Keegan Ford back or not? Improvement from last years freshmen and are any of them ready to make significant steps up this season. How are the incoming freshmen looking. Are they all on campus now. How is Parrotino's injury doing since he's back on the ice with the summer youth camp?

I think there's a lot he can talk about without talking about the stuff he's not supposed to talk about

And on another note, is anyone having trouble getting discord to work today. It won't connect and won't let me in.. and the emails it says it's sending me aren't getting to me…
                        I can answer one of those. Ford will be back. Crespi sounds like he should be ready to go. I also should have a pretty major shuffle in the recruiting grid soon when I find some time to update based on some new information.

Comment

I can answer one of those. Ford will be back. Crespi sounds like he should be ready to go. I also should have a pretty major shuffle in the recruiting grid soon when I find some time to update based on some new information.
                          With Ford back that's 11 D. Unless someone unexpectedly bolts over the summer. Joe is going to have his hands full keeping people happy this season.
                          Good news on Crespi. He started out last season at a pretty good clip. And I had heard he had really added size and strength to his frame. Then the injury. Hoping that doesn't set him back too much.

Look forward to the updates to the recruiting grid and the new information.

Comment

I also should have a pretty major shuffle in the recruiting grid soon when I find some time to update based on some new information.
                            Oh geeze. I hate being "that school". Already been there once, just a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Oh geeze. I hate being "that school". Already been there once, just a couple years ago.
                              Your pessimism has now seriously piqued my interest. I was figuring on more positive or at least neutral news..

There is really only one Mel recruit left on the board that could go away. And Heisenberg already has had him crossed off his list of Tech recruits for awhile.. So that one wouldn't really surprise me. There are a couple kids that I would put on a list of guys that other programs might seriously pursue and try to get to flip.. hope that doesn't happen. There are a couple of kids I would put on a list of at potential candidates to sign with a CHL team. Again hoping that doesn't happen. Speaking of which a local Brighton kid who had signed a tender with Youngstown just flipped to Saginaw of the OHL. Wonder how badly that screwed over Youngstown? Good kid, just goes to show what signing bonuses and family advisors can do..

Maybe Jake Harrison is coming back to Tech after getting left at the alter by the good looking hot chick (he's back with his BCHL team and is crossed off of Heiseinberg's list).... We don't have room for him anyway. I would add that might happen to Keaton Pehrson too. Looks like the hot chick has overstocked on D with plenty of high end talent coming in.. Plus they just pick up a local former Brighton HS player (Jay Keranan) to come in this fall. Lots of D, not a lot of open spots. The dirty side of college recruiting.

Anyway, I'm going to stay positive and hope the new information is good news.

I'm mistaken and have to correct myself.. There are still two Mel recruits on the board And both are still on the Heisenberg list. I could have sworn that one of them was crossed off that list awhile back..
                              Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 07-11-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It's nothing bad...just changing around some timing with players likely to come in earlier than I originally thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X