Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    And here comes the next round of realignment...

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190628nxci54
    that "like minded" phrase still makes me cringe.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Good luck to Dane Birks in AZ. Traded from Pitt to the Coyotes along with Kessel....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        Good luck to Dane Birks in AZ. Traded from Pitt to the Coyotes along with Kessel....
        2020 Pepsi Trivia:

Q-What former MN Yellow Rodent was traded from Pittsburgh to Arizona with former Husky Dane Birks?

A-Phil Kessel

(Dirk Hembroff and Dave Ellis, I expect to get credit on air for this question used in the January series at ASU)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by MTUHuskies; 06-30-2019, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          Can you imagine life as a young hockey player in Wheeling, West Virginia? I mean, what do you even do away from the rink? It wouldn't surprise me if some of the players choose to live halfway between Wheeling and Pittsburgh.

Norfolk should be better for him, but hopefully he gets a chance in Tucson and sticks.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            Can you imagine life as a young hockey player in Wheeling, West Virginia? I mean, what do you even do away from the rink? It wouldn't surprise me if some of the players choose to live halfway between Wheeling and Pittsburgh.

Norfolk should be better for him, but hopefully he gets a chance in Tucson and sticks.
            In the ECHL, housing is provided by the team. So it’s unlikely that players would live a half hour away. Besides, if they can spend their time in Houghton, Marquette or the Soo, they can handle Wheeling, which is actually a pretty decent town.
            Last edited by davyd83; 07-02-2019, 10:12 AM.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

so...

who is a possible 8th team to join this new conference to be?

will these seven even stick together?

ASU? let UAH back in? trade MNSU and BSU for MU and WMU?

will other schools that are thinking about creating a hockey program purposely get their act together within these two years?

Comment

I'm fine with 7 teams, combined with easy travel non-conference games: Mich, Mich St, W Mich, Notre Dame and Wis. I hope the AKs and UA-H go independent and then this new league resurrects the WCHA name.
                Last edited by TheDee; 07-02-2019, 11:03 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Eight teams is an ideal schedule. Teams play everyone four times a year and you have six nonleague games. (Or more if there’s exemptions).
                  Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    Eight teams is an ideal schedule. Teams play everyone four times a year and you have six nonleague games. (Or more if there’s exemptions).
                    Yes, you need eight teams. I've been in a league 6-5-4-member league with just 20-24 league games. It was miserable.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheDee View Post
                      I'm fine with 7 teams, combined with easy travel non-conference games: Mich, Mich St, W Mich, Notre Dame and Wis. I hope the AKs and UA-H go independent and then this new league resurrects the WCHA name.
                      I am not fine with 7. Second i'm pretty sure the 7 that are leaving will not be all together in two years.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I am not fine with 7. Second i'm pretty sure the 7 that are leaving will not be all together in two years.
                        I don't honestly know why people think the latter? Where are they going?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I think that many people feel that two, maybe three, of the seven would still not be content with that group and will go elsewhere if a better opportunity presents itself. Mankato tops the list.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            I think that many people feel that two, maybe three, of the seven would still not be content with that group and will go elsewhere if a better opportunity presents itself. Mankato tops the list.
                            i would say MNSU/BGSU then MTU.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                              i would say MNSU/BGSU then MTU.
                              Not sure where else we’d go. We don’t want to be part of the Nachos. And a CCHA reboot has always been on our radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                                Not sure where else we’d go. We don’t want to be part of the Nachos. And a CCHA reboot has always been on our radar.
                                i need to rephrase that... i can see both MNSU and BGSU moving on. and the next team in line would be tech, IF there was a next team. i don't see tech going anywhere from NMU and LSSU.

and based on the comments from kurtz, they will all be sticking together. and if so, who is the 8th? he commented on finding another team...

boy, do i wish it was UMD... we need a DI team in green bay.
                                Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 07-06-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X