Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    My thoughts are with his family, the MTU hockey family, and Misfits. I never had the chance to meet him, but I saw a few of his tweets, and saw him in the crowd at the WCHA Championship in 2018, and I absolutely loved seeing his enthusiasm with the Misfits.

Hockey, especially college hockey (even moreso in the UP) is a tight family. This hurts all of us.
    Condolences to the family, the Misfits and the Tech hockey family.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

https://blogs.mtu.edu/humans/2019/06...l-engineering/

Comment

My heart sank when I saw the news last night. I never met him, but my thoughts go out to Maneet's friends & family, including his MTU family.

Us Lakers know this kind of loss all to well, as we lost one of our own superfans just a few years ago.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I only knew Maneet through social media and seeing him embracing the Misfits culture from my seat across the ice in the Mac. My condolences to the Misfits, MTU Hockey and especially Joe and Lauralee Shawhan who were his close friends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            It is expected the Tech D will continue to improve and build on a successful season last year.
            Looks to me like all 10 will see some playing time and contribute this season. Not sure of the pairs they will go with next season as they have the left handed LD, right handed RD possible for next year. Will Meek and Swoyer grow and provide offense. Seems to me Donohue and Gotz are sure things.

1 Donohue ?
            2 ? Gotz
            3 ? ?

Meek
            Swoyer
            Rockwell
            Watson
            Buckley
            Lipe
            Datema
            Kiilunen
            Ya gotta think Rockwell is the number 2 or 3 on that list, no? I thought he was tremendous last year.

Sad to hear about Maneets passing. Saw him at games and appreciated his enthusiasm, don't know the story, but prayers for his family and friends...

Comment

Congrats to Robbie Beydoun on the invite to the Red Wings development camp....I see that Troy Loggins is there as well...Good luck to those guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                Congrats to Robbie Beydoun on the invite to the Red Wings development camp....I see that Troy Loggins is there as well...Good luck to those guys!!
                Good for Robbie. Any idea what other Tech players are in development camps?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                  Good for Robbie. Any idea what other Tech players are in development camps?
                  Halonen - Stars
                  Donohue - Flyers
                  Swoyer - Blues
                  Jurusik - Penguins

Comment

And here comes the next round of realignment...

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190628nxci54

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      And here comes the next round of realignment...

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190628nxci54
                      Too early to call it the CCHA?

The release on BGSUFalcons.com is identical to yours. Solid message coordination.

https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2019/6/...filiation.aspx

Comment

This feels like it is intended to cut the Alaska teams from the league(?). Bummer for this snowbound husky fan.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          This feels like it is intended to cut the Alaska teams from the league(?). Bummer for this snowbound husky fan.....
                          And Huntsville

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            Halonen - Stars
                            Donohue - Flyers
                            Swoyer - Blues
                            Jurusik - Penguins

This link from College Hockey Inc. doesn't work because the certificate is invalid, but if you copy it into your browser you might be able to see the 2019 development camp attendees, the 4 listed above plus Beydoun to Detroit's camp:

https://collegehockeyinc.com/ncaa-pl...ment-camps.php

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                              This link from College Hockey Inc. doesn't work because the certificate is invalid, but if you copy it into your browser you might be able to see the 2019 development camp attendees, the 4 listed above plus Beydoun to Detroit's camp:

https://collegehockeyinc.com/ncaa-pl...ment-camps.php
                              Honestly, right now I could care less about development camp.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Honestly, right now I could care less about development camp.
                                I disagree. Dev Camps give players the experiences you like them to bring back to campus. Knowing what it takes at the next level can only help at this level. If they can bring back what they learn, and pass it along, it helps everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X