Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    So is this the year we see the team really take Joe's approach to heart? Enough of his players? Still too young?
    If that doesn't happen this year after the roster changes this off-season, I think you have to take a very hard look at the situation. That said, I love Joe as our coach and expect this year to be a big step up.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      ....I think you have to take a very hard look at the situation.
      Meaning? Coaching situation? That's the way I interpret what you are saying, but not sure that is what you are implying.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        Meaning? Coaching situation? That's the way I interpret what you are saying, but not sure that is what you are implying.
        Losing 3 guys two years after a coaching change is not normal and that tells me that Joe trusts the remaining guys to play the way he wants and buy into his system. If that doesn't happen this year (and by that I mean top-4 finish and continued improvement...hopefully competing well into February for WCHA title) you have to evaluate the situation and consider that Joe's style just might not work with college athletes in 2019. I don't think thats the case but its hard not to look at it that way. They will be "young" yet and everything but this isn't an extremely challenging league from a depth perspective so there really aren't any excuses for not improving on last year.
        Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-17-2019, 12:41 PM.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm wondering whether losing the 3 guys shakes others up to step up, whether it cleans house, or is there resentment

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            I'm wondering whether losing the 3 guys shakes others up to step up, whether it cleans house, or is there resentment
            Time will tell. Personally I would think losing Gould may leave a little resentment in the eyes of the new seniors & juniors but who knows. Maybe he did feel entitled and the remaining guys were glad to see him go???

It should definitely shake up the freshman moving to sophomore status. My way or the highway boys!

Comment

Yes, was not sure if Rockwell will move to LD with the equal amount of left handed and right handed options.

I agree, it will be pair by pair by game based on opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                I agree, it will be pair by pair by game based on opponent.
                That would be nice if it doesn't screw them up too much to not have a regular partner.

And/or not dressing for every game. That seemed to be a source of the problems in the dressing room last year.

The young kids will be asked to grow up quickly (mentally as well as physically), I hope they will be able to.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for the puck to drop in October!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for the puck to drop in October!
                  Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  We've had our two days of summer, let's get on with hockey!!
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss Tech fans.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What the hell? That's random. Must've been some kind of freak accident.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        What the hell? That's random. Must've been some kind of freak accident.
                        sadly all indications are that it was not an accident

Comment

Thoughts with the Tech hockey community and with Maneet's family and friends.
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I only spoke to Maneet once but saw him at numerous hockey games and other MTU events. He was a very kind and enthusiastic young man. So sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to all who are touched by his loss.

Comment

Much love from Huntsville.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                sadly all indications are that it was not an accident
                                My thoughts are with his family, the MTU hockey family, and Misfits. I never had the chance to meet him, but I saw a few of his tweets, and saw him in the crowd at the WCHA Championship in 2018, and I absolutely loved seeing his enthusiasm with the Misfits.

Hockey, especially college hockey (even moreso in the UP) is a tight family. This hurts all of us.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X