Who will be the NC$$ Women's Div I 2018-2019 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the NC$$ Women's Div I 2018-2019 Champion

Take your pick. The WCHA vs the ECAC for the 2nd year in a row including your 2 time defending National Champion Clarkson Golden Knights (Had to get that one in twice )
    Wisconsin
    28.89%
    Minnesota
    37.78%
    Clarkson (The 2 time defending Champions)
    20.00%
    Cornell
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by vicb; 03-17-2019, 05:08 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Take your pick. The WCHA vs the ECAC for the 2nd year in a row including your 2 time defending National Champion Clarkson Golden Knights (Had to get that one in twice )
    I voted for Cornell just because they are the obvious underdogs and I'm so tired of seeing all the WI and MN threads and posts throughout the year. I honestly read less than half the posts on those threads anymore because it's the same old whining or bragging over and over. With the long-standing success of those programs their recruiting is practically built-in in terms of attracting the top talent every year. How WI doesn't just crush their opponents almost every game throughout the season is beyond me. Crappy coaching I guess. Lol. But seriously, I think MJ is way overrated and Frostie is close behind.
    Last edited by shelfit; 03-17-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Re: Who will be the NC$$ Women's Div I 2018-2019 Champion

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Lol. But seriously, I think MJ is way overrated and Frostie is close behind.
      MJ for being an offensive dynamo coaches a very D first game. Does that make him a bad coach? No. In fact it makes him a great coach because the play such an awesome D game with very few errors on the players parts. The alternative is the BC way and that hasn't been proven to work at the FF. At least MJ's systems are getting them to the FF and the title game where they have an opportunity to win a title and they have won a few.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

How WI doesn't just crush their opponents almost every game throughout the season is beyond me. Crappy coaching I guess. Lol. But seriously, I think MJ is way overrated and Frostie is close behind.
        Isn't recruiting part of 'coaching'?

Comment

I think Wisconsin is probably a slightly better team than Minnesota, but I give the Gophers a better chance to win this coming weekend because I also think that Clarkson is significantly better than Cornell (as long as Clarkson doesn't somehow mistake Wisconsin for Yale). If one of the choices was "Winner of Wisconsin/Clarkson semifinal," I'd probably take that.

Comment

I honestly read less than half the posts on those threads anymore because it's the same old whining or bragging over and over.
            This post is not addressed to shelfit because he doesn’t read these posts, but if he did, he would realize that very few of the Wisconsin and Minnesota posts are either bragging or whining; they are an eclectic mix of good-natured trolling, serious analysis, and (according to ARM, anyway) bad jokes. Not much different than Happy Hour with the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
              This post is not addressed to shelfit because She doesn’t read these posts, but if She did, She would realize that very few of the Wisconsin and Minnesota posts are either bragging or whining; they are an eclectic mix of good-natured trolling, serious analysis, and (according to ARM, anyway) bad jokes. Not much different than Happy Hour with the guys.
              Fixed your post (I think).
              Last edited by vicb; 03-18-2019, 02:58 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

My pick is Minnesota. All of us are influenced by our particular vantage point. In my head, I know that there's conflicting information out there -- including the result of the Final Face-Off Title Game. But of all of the NCAA teams that came to the OSU Ice Rink this year, the Gophers were the best.

They're just so deep at Forward. My gut says they can break through against the Badgers, and that they can outgun the Golden Knights.

Like others, I have no clear idea of what's going to happen in the intriguing Wisconsin/Clarkson semi.

Of course Cornell shouldn't be discounted. But I would be very surprised if they won two games at the 2019 FF.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  Fixed your post (I think).
                  Aha, someone who pays attention to the little details. I thank you good sir. I'm guessing you were a hockey player...a good hockey player (in fact a good athlete in general) pays attention to the details. There's always been a clue in my screen name and it's a very obvious one....sort of hidden in plain sight.

Comment

Each of the team's worst loss(es) of the season (to teams not in the PairWise Top 12):

Cornell
                    Brown 3-4
                    Rensselaer 0-2

Minnesota
                    Minnesota-Duluth 2-3 (OT)

Clarkson
                    St. Lawrence 3-4 (OT)
                    Yale 1-5
                    Dartmouth 2-3 (OT)

Wisconsin
                    Bemidji State 1-2

Each of the team's best win(s) of the season (vs. teams in PairWise Top 12):

Cornell
                    Clarkson 3-1
                    Colgate 4-2
                    Colgate 4-2
                    Princeton 3-2 (2 OT)
                    Northeastern 3-2 (OT)

Minnesota
                    Minnesota-Duluth 5-2
                    Ohio State 3-0
                    Wisconsin 1-0
                    Minnesota-Duluth 4-3 (OT)
                    Wisconsin 3-1
                    Ohio State 7-2
                    Ohio State 7-1
                    Minnesota-Duluth 5-3
                    Minnesota-Duluth 4-1
                    Princeton 5-2

Clarkson
                    Minnesota Duluth 4-2
                    Minnesota Duluth 4-1
                    Princeton 3-1
                    Cornell 4-0
                    Princeton 5-2
                    Colgate 2-0
                    Cornell 4-1
                    Boston College 2-1 (OT)

Wisconsin
                    Minnesota Duluth 4-2
                    Minnesota Duluth 3-1
                    Princeton 4-3
                    Princeton 3-0
                    Minnesota 4-1
                    Ohio State 5-2
                    Minnesota 2-1
                    Minnesota Duluth 6-1
                    Minnesota Duluth 3-0
                    Ohio State 3-2
                    Minnesota 3-1
                    Last edited by D2D; 03-18-2019, 12:19 PM.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Each of the team's worst loss(es) of the season (to teams not in the PairWise Top 12):

Cornell
                      Brown 3-4
                      Rensselaer 0-2

Minnesota
                      Minnesota-Duluth 2-3 (OT)

Clarkson
                      St. Lawrence 3-4 (OT)
                      Yale 1-5
                      Dartmouth 2-3 (OT)

Wisconsin
                      Bemidji State 1-2

Each of the team's best win(s) of the season (vs. teams in PairWise Top 12):

Cornell
                      Clarkson 3-1
                      Colgate 4-2
                      Colgate 4-2
                      Princeton 3-2 (2 OT)
                      Northeastern 3-2 (OT)

Minnesota
                      Minnesota-Duluth 5-2
                      Ohio State 3-0
                      Wisconsin 1-0
                      Minnesota-Duluth 4-3 (OT)
                      Wisconsin 3-1
                      Ohio State 7-2
                      Ohio State 7-1
                      Minnesota-Duluth 5-3
                      Minnesota-Duluth 4-1
                      Princeton 5-2

Clarkson
                      Minnesota Duluth 4-2
                      Minnesota Duluth 4-1
                      Princeton 3-1
                      Cornell 4-0
                      Princeton 5-2
                      Colgate 2-0
                      Cornell 4-1
                      Boston College 2-1 (OT)

Wisconsin
                      Minnesota Duluth 4-2
                      Minnesota Duluth 3-1
                      Princeton 4-3
                      Princeton 3-0
                      Minnesota 4-1
                      Ohio State 5-2
                      Minnesota 2-1
                      Minnesota Duluth 6-1
                      Minnesota Duluth 3-0
                      Ohio State 3-2
                      Minnesota 3-1
                      The least you could have done would have been to include a warning: "The following post includes images that might be disturbing to some. Viewer discretion advised".

Comment

Cornell could be an upset winner. They have crazy-good offensive skills. Their weakness is that goaltending has been only average, and it is tough to win a championship at any level with average goaltending. If Boissonault can have a good weekend they will be tough!

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                          Cornell could be an upset winner. They have crazy-good offensive skills. Their weakness is that goaltending has been only average, and it is tough to win a championship at any level with average goaltending. If Boissonault can have a good weekend they will be tough!
                          Browning has been better and not sure why they would not start her other than the fact that Boissonault is more experienced.

Comment

Aha, someone who pays attention to the little details. I thank you good sir. I'm guessing you were a hockey player...a good hockey player (in fact a good athlete in general) pays attention to the details. There's always been a clue in my screen name and it's a very obvious one....sort of hidden in plain sight.
                            Sorry shelfit; I did not mean to mis-pronoun you. I read all the posts, but apparently not very carefully.

Comment

I voted for Cornell just because they are the obvious underdogs and I'm so tired of seeing all the WI and MN threads and posts throughout the year. I honestly read less than half the posts on those threads anymore because it's the same old whining or bragging over and over. With the long-standing success of those programs their recruiting is practically built-in in terms of attracting the top talent every year. How WI doesn't just crush their opponents almost every game throughout the season is beyond me. Crappy coaching I guess. Lol. But seriously, I think MJ is way overrated and Frostie is close behind.
                              LOL! You are so predictable Shelfit. "Everybody has crappy coaching...." yadda yadda yadda.

Comment

Working...
                              X