This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Lol, BU and BC are in. Maine goes 5-1 against those teams.

Please. For the love of god.... someone stop this crazy f train we are on. We go for the ****tiest of ride and it all ends with... worse than ****. A **** sandwich.

Let's tell them what they won Johnny... A luxurious no expense trip on Red's cruise lines. She will sway once in a while and make you sick, puking slightly or intensly.

But rest assured our captain will sail with great salt into the worst of seas and then run aground on the shallowest... leaving you all stranded on a very exclusive island, where nobody lives and never wants to.

The island is your's! Courtesy of your one and only Red's cruise lines.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlue51 View Post
      I felt the need to clarify since many people on here seem to think we should return to the glory years with a flick of the switch. That doesn't happen in college hockey.
      Really? Cause UMass seems to have done it. Providence seems to have done it. Notre Dame seems to have done it. Northeastern seems to have done it.

What do those four teams have in common?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The Red Gendron Era

Overall 82-115-25 .426
        Hockey East 48-70-16 .418
        Playoffs 4-12 .250
        Home 54-40-9 .568
        Away 23-66-13 .289
        Neutral 5-9-3 .382

Record vs
        UMA 13-5-1 .711
        MC 8-3-2 .692
        UNH 8-9-4 .476
        BU 6-8-0 .429
        UML 4-7-1 .375
        BC 5-9-0 .357
        UVM 6-12-1 .357
        UConn 2-5-3 .350
        NE 2-13-1 .156
        PC 1-15 .031

Total Goals 595 (2.68)
        Goals Against 678 (3.05)

Average KRACH 41
        Average SOS 34
        vs KRACH T15 8-61-3 .132

Average NCAA rank
        Offense 34
        Defense 39
        PP 39
        PK 37
        PIM/GM 41
        (KRACH/NCAA rank numbers through 3/16)
        Yes.

Yet, there are a couple of peeps on here who think Red just needs another year or two, and that he's making progress. I simply don't get that, in light of the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Please. For the love of god.... someone stop this crazy f train we are on. We go for the ****tiest of ride and it all ends with... worse than ****. A **** sandwich.

Let's tell them what they won Johnny... A luxurious no expense trip on Red's cruise lines. She will sway once in a while and make you sick, puking slightly or intensly.

But rest assured our captain will sail with great salt into the worst of seas and then run aground on the shallowest... leaving you all stranded on a very exclusive island, where nobody lives and never wants to.

The island is your's! Courtesy of your one and only Red's cruise lines.
          BU and BC might well lose at TD, and be golfing during the FF. (I hope so, just because neither team deserves a berth. God, I hate this idiotic tournament-AQ BS.)

Comment

8-61-3 against the top 15.

Now that's an inspiring stat.

6-12-1 against Vermont. Effin' Vermont.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

They're in the Hockey East semis. Still a LONG way from being in the NCAA tournament; and at best one of them will make it.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              8-61-3 against the top 15.

Now that's an inspiring stat.
              PC dropped out of the top 15 today so it's now 7-60-3 (.121)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlue51 View Post
                I felt the need to clarify since many people on here seem to think we should return to the glory years with a flick of the switch. That doesn't happen in college hockey. It comes down to one or two solid recruiting classes that can turn a program around. See Northeastern with Gaudette/Aston-Reese, UMass with Makar, etc.

Moving forward, if they all return, I think Maine has a very solid foundation to have a successful 2019-2020. The Tralmaks-Pearson-Fossier line is very good and Swayman is very good. Keeper should also be back to anchor the d-men and I like what I've seen from Sirota as well. Binner also has the potential to be a solid d-man if he can just eliminate the mental mistakes.

I'll gave Red the benefit of the doubt for another year and once it becomes time to consider an extension we'll see where we're at. If we still haven't advanced to The Garden, then I think it'd be worth seeing what's out there.
                I get this, and I commend you on your optimism. Because Lord knows it is tough with this lot. But even I am done. There is simply no coaching of defense. Period.

Comment

They're in the Hockey East semis. Still a LONG way from being in the NCAA tournament; and at best one of them will make it.

PC dropped out of the top 15 today so it's now 7-60-3 (.121)
                  I am a simple man that only wishes to see Maine play in hockey east semis at this point.

Comment

I am a simple man that only wishes to see Maine play in hockey east semis at this point.
                    If I were more complex I would ask why on the first NU goal doesn't Michel lay out to block that shot. He was in position. He is a captain. He's been coached for four years. Surely he can make that play... naaaawwww, I'm gonna hold up and inadvertently screen my goalie. Watch that film.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      BU and BC might well lose at TD, and be golfing during the FF. (I hope so, just because neither team deserves a berth. God, I hate this idiotic tournament-AQ BS.)
                      I knew somebody would bring this up so I might as well join the party. I actually agree with you. It sort of renders the regular season meaningless. And, in reality, it perpetuates the methodology of teams like BU and BC (and I'm a BU guy all the way) to continue to recruit elite talent, cruise through the season and then turn it on when the games count (and then have them leave and go pro, only to repeat the following year). But we all know WHY this is done. $$$$$$$$$$$ As usual, the powers that be figured out how they could make even more money. Plus, the prevailing sentiment that everyone needs a "second chance" these days. Look at the ridiculous MBPBEGAR ("Make believe phony baloney everyone gets a ribbon") round that they thankfully got rid of this year (with apologies to Chuck Murray - I know I got the acronym wrong).

But if you think it's bad in hockey, look at the NCAA Basketball Tournament. The idea of sports is to WIN, right? So how do they get off saying that the team that finishes eighth in the B1G, for example, "deserves" to go to the tournament over a team that won 25 games but finished second in their conference, just because it's a "mid major?" If the idea is to have the "best 64 (or 65 or whatever it is now) teams in the tournament, then why bother with conferences at all? Just use a PWR like hockey and pick the top 65 teams. A team who finishes second in their conference, even if it's the worst in the country (i.e., like an America East or Patriot League) STILL deserves to go to the tournament over an eighth place team that probably lost EVERY game it played against the top four teams in its league.

It's never going to change, though, so there's no point in lamenting. It is what it is.

Comment

Might I recommend a VCR?

Comment

BU is #24 PW at 16-17-4. BC is #34 at 13-21-3... And both teams have a shot at the NCAA's.

An exquisitely stupid calculus.

Comment

BU is #24 PW at 16-17-4. BC is #34 at 13-21-3... And both teams have a shot at the NCAA's.

Same with Brown and CC. Each conference has the choice of awarding the AQ to the regular season winner or the team that wins the tournament. A conference will ALWAYS choose the winner of its tournament.

Comment

Yes. I can't argue with that. But the conference will want the "hottest" team at the end of the year because it looks better for the conference if they make noise in the tournament (unless they knock out a fellow conference member, which won't happen in this case because the top two are already in).

Comment

Might I recommend a VCR?
                                Lol. Even Rufus knows I got a vcr.

Comment

Working...
                                X