2019 Clarkson Cup - Playoff Games & Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Clarkson Cup - Playoff Games & Highlights

This Championship seems to be all but forgotten around here because of being scheduled on the same weekend as the Frozen Four.

http://www.thecwhl.com/clarksoncup

Open and chose which of last weekend's playoff game you want and once you open that game there is a key/button/below the game video if you just want to watch the highlights.
    Markham vs Montreal...Howe looked like retirement is on the near horizon...

http://www.thecwhl.com/watch

Re: 2019 Clarkson Cup - Playoff Games & Highlights

What was your favorite CWHL moment...

https://www.thecwhl.com/the-canadian...nue-operations
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

@JSportsnet: The CWHL will close its doors on May 1. While being viewed as a success on the ice, the business side of the league was not.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Joecct, you’re saying the league is folding?!

Comment

https://www.theicegarden.com/platfor...mpression=true

Comment

I guess you’re right...home page for CWHL says they are folding! So does this now facilitate the one league concept? Is the NWHL viable enough to incorporate some of those teams! Montréal, Toronto and Calgary are subsidized a bit from their NHL brethren? Interesting development....🤔☹️🏒🥅

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              I guess you’re right...home page for CWHL says they are folding! So does this now facilitate the one league concept? Is the NWHL viable enough to incorporate some of those teams! Montréal, Toronto and Calgary are subsidized a bit from their NHL brethren? Interesting development....🤔☹️🏒🥅
              The NHL always said they wouldn’t pick winners and losers in th Women’s game.
              Hopefully this clears the way for a WNBA type affiliation.

Comment

This is so sad. Trying to be optimistic that the Board knows something we don’t... and that something better is coming.

Comment

According to twitter feeds of the CWHL players going to the World Championships, the players had NO idea of this happening!🤔🤔🤔

Comment

@hailey_salvian: BREAKING: NWHL also announced the NHL has made a commitment to their league that will make them one of the leagues biggest financial sponsors.

@hailey_salvian: BREAKING: NWHL Board has approved investment in 2 Canadian markets. As reported in @TheAthleticNHL On Sunday. They expect to have teams in Toronto and Montreal this upcoming season
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

anyone looking for more info....not surprised. Hope there is more news...

https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/4/...-bettman-rylan

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                        anyone looking for more info....not surprised. Hope there is more news...

https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/4/...-bettman-rylan
                        Reportedly the increased investment is that the NHL is giving the NWHL the money they were giving the CWHL ($50k). So it's good for the NWHL as their $50k goes to $100k, but it's not an increased investment from the NHL in women's hockey. It's still a positive development as the NHL could have just saved the $50k they were giving the CWHL...

Also, there's no RFAs this offseason so whether adding Toronto and Montreal is the end or they add more teams, there could be a lot of movement.

Personally, I'd like to see some of the US Olympians who played in the CWHL in 18-19 return to US clubs..
                        Last edited by Scott_TG; 04-02-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

If $50k is all they are getting I think we’d see a new Canadian league before seeing all the players go to the N.

At least one CW player has said they don’t see the players switching. Labonte also released a statement. Anya Battaglio (sp) said the players from both leagues plan to talk after WWC.

Maybe I’m in conspiracy theory mode but I get the sense some players want a clean slate and to find out if the NHL is really serious about starting a league. Obviously people have very mixed emotions about that. Some believe NHL has a plan, some don’t.

One big takeaway for me personally over the last two days was to get a sense of how proud the players are of the CW and much they relish being the role model for the next generation. I am hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Maybe I’m in conspiracy theory mode but I get the sense some players want a clean slate and to find out if the NHL is really serious about starting a league. Obviously people have very mixed emotions about that. Some believe NHL has a plan, some don’t.
                            I've been seeing multiple posts on social hinting there's a supposed secret offer on the table from the NHL contingent on both current leagues folding, and more recent posts that Dani is now the sole person standing in the way of this better deal and better league.

My issue with that is if the offer is so much better, the NHL should go ahead with it and let the market decide. If the secret proposal is that much better it will attract the talent and thus the fans and the NWHL wouldn't be an issue. It sounds to me like if this offer exists it is because the NHL wants the existing leagues out of the way so they can offer the same crumbs the players are currently offered. It will just be NHL controlling everything...

Comment

More on the NHL's involvement:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/sports/nwhl-nhl.html

Comment

Working...
                              X