PWR, what could have been

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWR, what could have been

Inspired by a Twitter observation, I ran the numbers on the most impactful games on PWR this season. I think the results are really interesting, in that there would be position differences of up to 9 in PWR rank for some teams with different outcomes of individual games! Also, there would be significant differences (with tournament implications) in PWR rank for some teams if games in which they didn't even play had different outcomes.

Which games this season had the most impact on PWR

Hope you find it interesting!

Re: PWR, what could have been

I’m finding it difficult to believe Minnesota’s losses to Ferris and St. Lawrence didn’t make the list.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Isn't the "My Team Got Screwed" thread a little early this year?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I’m finding it difficult to believe Minnesota’s losses to Ferris and St. Lawrence didn’t make the list.
        A win in either would also have the Gophers 4 spots higher, at #17. (The article includes a link to the calculator you can use to check that sort of thing for yourself).

Comment

I don't know how many spots UND's sweep by Canisius meant, but it was huge. From completely outside the bubble to well inside it. Of course, if you get swept by Canisius, you deserve the free-fall.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Isn't the "My Team Got Screwed" thread a little early this year?
            I’m sending this thread to the Lowell Sun for inspiration!

Comment

Originally posted by JimDahl View Post
              A win in either would also have the Gophers 4 spots higher, at #17. (The article includes a link to the calculator you can use to check that sort of thing for yourself).
              Thanks
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I don't know how many spots UND's sweep by Canisius meant, but it was huge. From completely outside the bubble to well inside it. Of course, if you get swept by Canisius, you deserve the free-fall.
                @jarrgal: UND went 1-6-1 against Bemidji St., Western Michigan, and Canisius this season. If they went .500 in those games, they’d be ranked 8th instead of 20th in the pairwise. https://collegehockeyranked.com/tools/pwrcalculator/

@JoeMeloni: Just playing around with the Pairwise. That Canisius sweep of North Dakota is one of the defining results of the season. UND would be 10th right now if it had gotten two wins in Buffalo.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

MN would move to 13 flipping STL and FSU. Ugh.

Comment

Looking at Arizona State's record I still can't figure how they are ranked so highly. No tough February conference games does help, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X