Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Dartmouth (2/8) & UC @ Harvard & Dartmouth (2/8, 2/9)

RPI has not beaten Dartmouth since the 2014-15 season, and hasn't won at Thompson since 2013-14.

Last year's result was a real heartbreaker for the Engineers, as they came back from a 4-1 deficit to take a 5-4 lead, only to give up the tying goal with less than two minutes to play in the third period and then the losing goal with less than one minute left in overtime.

If RPI manages to beat Dartmouth on Friday and Union gets swept, RPI could move into a tie for eighth place in the ECAC standings.

If Dartmouth manages a sweep of RPI and Union, they could move up toward fourth place.

Comment

I just feel we have a decent chance in this one. By no means the favorite but if we can score at least 2 and Savory gets some defensive support as he did against Cornell, we could get a point or two out of this weekend. We are playing some of our best hockey, we are getting superb goaltending, and we are getting to rest an extra day and only playing one game. As always, special teams could be key and we have to stay away from the penalty box.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I just feel we have a decent chance in this one. By no means the favorite but if we can score at least 2 and Savory gets some defensive support as he did against Cornell, we could get a point or two out of this weekend. We are playing some of our best hockey, we are getting superb goaltending, and we are getting to rest an extra day and only playing one game. As always, special teams could be key and we have to stay away from the penalty box.
        A one game weekend calls for some special focus.

Comment

I'm guessing we're stuck with Dartmouth radio on Friday? Seeing how the women are home, I assume Perry will be obligated to cover that, and Joe doesn't seem available on Fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I'm guessing we're stuck with Dartmouth radio on Friday? Seeing how the women are home, I assume Perry will be obligated to cover that, and Joe doesn't seem available on Fridays.
            Does Dartmouth have radio and do they broadcast hockey over bowling?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Does Dartmouth have radio and do they broadcast hockey over bowling?
              Yes they broadcast hockey, and they actually do a decent job. Or at least they did; I don't know about the present day.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Yes they broadcast hockey, and they actually do a decent job. Or at least they did; I don't know about the present day.
                Dartmouth broadcasts all their mens games home and away. I catch it somewhat often since I'm often in my car during Friday night games, so I'll likely be listening to your game with the Big Green as well.

Expecting that to be a good one the way your guys seem to have been playing lately.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
                  Dartmouth broadcasts all their mens games home and away. I catch it somewhat often since I'm often in my car during Friday night games, so I'll likely be listening to your game with the Big Green as well.

Expecting that to be a good one the way your guys seem to have been playing lately.
                  They usually are close matches, although RPI hasn't won since 2014. Of course, that's why they play the game.

Comment

For those who want to listen, look for ESPN radio at 94.5 FM as they have an internet stream and should be broadcasting this game. This might get you there- https://www.945espn.com/2016/08/30/dartmouth-hockey/

i could not get this to work in Firefox browser but it seems to be OK in Chrome.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This is the direct link to the Dartmouth stream I use. There's a mobile App ("Great Eastern Radio") I use when I'm driving.

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/v...nCallSign=WTSL

Comment

Working...
                      X