No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I don't think that I get any directly from her. They are from someone in the admin.
    I thought you mentioned on tLodge that she was sending you a couple mil.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I thought you mentioned on tLodge that she was sending you a couple mil.
      Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I received an email from Shirley who must be reading this. The thread title didn't scare her off.

Here is part of it which is relevant to recent discussion.

Enrollment
        The demand for a Rensselaer education has never been stronger. We had over 20,400 applications for a place in this year's freshman class - another record - leading to a freshman class of 1,778 students. We were able to select, and enroll, an extremely talented and diverse group of students. The average SAT score of entering students was 1410, with a middle 50 percent range of 1330-1500. The Class of 2022 includes more women and underrepresented minorities than any class in our history.

Our students are attracted to Rensselaer because of the exceptional quality of our faculty, the strength of our distinctive programs, and our rising reputation. I thank our deans and department chairs for their leadership, and all of our faculty for their expertise, collaboration, and commitment.
        I think it's normal for alums to think the current students have it easier.

"They even have a climbing wall. In my day that was called The Approach."

P.S. That won't make sense to those that don't remember this: https://hibp.ecse.rpi.edu/~john/The_Approach/May18.html

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          P.S. That won't make sense to those that don't remember this: https://hibp.ecse.rpi.edu/~john/The_Approach/May18.html
          I didn't realize that it had deteriorated to that extent. I haven't used the approach since the Best Western at the foot of the hill became a dorm. Has it started to deteriorate again?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I didn't realize that it had deteriorated to that extent. I haven't used the approach since the Best Western at the foot of the hill became a dorm. Has it started to deteriorate again?
            Last time I was there, it seemed quite kept up. Heck, I remember seeing some sort of wedding activity (assuming pictures and not the ceremony itself) there just after showing it, along with the "breathtaking" view of Downtown Troy, to my nephew.

Comment

Last time I looked it seemed to be in fine shape. The pictures I linked were from just before the 1999 renovation, at which time it was essentially useless as anything but an example of ruins. We could still navigate around the collapsed portions in the 70s and early 80s, but it appeared to be completely shot in those photos.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I never thought there was many schools offering scholarships either until I got interested in finding funding for this young lady. There are as many as there are for hockey if not more. At some schools, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, McKendree, it is truly a major sport. Take a quick look here http://www.ncaawomensbowling.com/NTCA_STATISTICS.html to get some idea.
                  Absolutely true Doc. A good friend of mine who grew up here locally attended Nebraska on a bowling scholly. Needless to say, she cleans up at many a weekend bowling tourney!
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Absolutely true Doc. A good friend of mine who grew up here locally attended Nebraska on a bowling scholly. Needless to say, she cleans up at many a weekend bowling tourney!
                    Do you mean that she sweeps the floors after everyone else leaves?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had the job for two lanes (sat in a little cut out area between them). Had to step on a lever for little pins to pop up and then set the bowling pins on each as each had a small hole on the bottom to fit on what projected upward. If you were bowling on Kings Lanes on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn in 1961 I would have made sure your pins were set properly. That is, unless you happen to stiff me out of my dime tip!
                      I just went looking for Kings Lanes in Brooklyn. It's mentioned a few times here https://placesnomore.wordpress.com/bowling-alleys/.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Nebraska is absolute top rated for women's bowling and just keeps the best recruits coming in every year. They just got a commit from a young lady I saw bowl 2 consecutive 300 games and 3 in a series of 5 games. (at one point she threw 32 consecutive strikes)
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

could you guys take this to the bowling thread?
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I just went looking for Kings Lanes in Brooklyn. It's mentioned a few times here https://placesnomore.wordpress.com/bowling-alleys/.
                            That was indeed the place. i seem to recall they only had 24 lanes and when I first started it was 25¢ for each game but later on moved up to 50¢ which is when I worked there. Thanks for the link - brought back some memories.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

That was indeed the place. i seem to recall they only had 24 lanes and when I first started it was 25¢ for each game but later on moved up to 50¢ which is when I worked there. Thanks for the link - brought back some memories.
                              Guessing the dime tip wasn't enough?

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X