No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Did you not see that that's a link?
    I did see that it's a link. They've been known to get it wrong on occasion, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It's still possible. Union is a quarter way there.
      Halfway, now.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019 Part II: We're Just Gonna Complain, Don't Bother Reading

And just like that, almost certainly on the road. We'd need all 4 points or some help from SLU, since Colgate would control the tiebreak on account of top 4 (they beat both Quinnipiac and Cornell). Based on wins, we may end up playing Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          And just like that, almost certainly on the road. We'd need all 4 points or some help from SLU, since Colgate would control the tiebreak on account of top 4 (they beat both Quinnipiac and Cornell). Based on wins, we may end up playing Brown.
          We can with both. Union 1 win Colgate lose to tech and tie Slu we get 8th
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            We can with both. Union 1 win Colgate lose to tech and tie Slu we get 8th
            You are correct that it is possible; both away games reached overtime. However, Colgate's only 1 ahead of us; if we win out and they lose one of the two, we would only need for Union to split, as we control that H/H tiebreak.

EDIT: And actually, if Colgate were to pull 3 points in that scenario, we'd still own a 3-way with 6 points, given the split.
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-24-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

It looks like prep school hockey doesn't draw at the HFH.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-24-2019, 04:46 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The fans were seated on the townie side, maybe 80. No, there weren’t many though. BTW, that would be me (bottom photo) bending over in the blue seats.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  The fans were seated on the townie side, maybe 80. No, there weren’t many though. BTW, that would be me (bottom photo) bending over in the blue seats.
                  Where’s the engineers I need percentage on what spot we finish and who we play what’s the odds
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Where’s the engineers I need percentage on what spot we finish and who we play what’s the odds
                    Perhaps you should take a look at the projected standings thread where it's been discussed.

Comment

For those who are too lazy to check the thread I've been updating weekly for the last five months (and six seasons before that), it's:
                      36% – at Dartmouth
                      26% – at Brown
                      15% – at Union
                      8% – at Yale
                      7% – Hosting (likely Union or Colgate, but slim chance of Princeton)
                      7% – at Colgate
                      <0.05% – at Clarkson

We're about 60% to stay in 10th, 15% to drop, and 25% to climb. We will be the KRACH underdogs in any playoff series unless we manage to host Colgate or Princeton.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

For those who are too lazy to check the thread I've been updating weekly for the last five months (and six seasons before that), it's:
                        36% – at Dartmouth
                        26% – at Brown
                        15% – at Union
                        8% – at Yale
                        7% – at Colgate
                        <0.05% – at Clarkson

We're about 60% to stay in 10th, 15% to drop, and 25% to climb. We will be the KRACH underdogs in any playoff series unless we manage to host Colgate or Princeton.
                        Thank you. Hope to get injured players back soon.

Comment

36% – at Dartmouth
                          26% – at Brown
                          15% – at Union
                          8% – at Yale
                          7% – at Colgate
                          <0.05% – at Clarkson

I do not think it will really matter who we get to play (it would matter where and having home ice would have been nice). If we get back the injured players, and they can quickly fit back in to this team the way they have been playing, we can compete with just about all the teams listed pretty well. We do seem to match up better against some than others but with our goal tender playing as he has, we can win any game against these teams we play.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't think it matters who or where we play. We can be competitive with any of those teams and the results will be a toss up. If we get any of our injured players back for the playoffs, we will have the upper hand on all of those other teams.
                            That doesn't mean we will win, it just means that we will have a better chance of winning.
                            We are a much better team than we were at the beginning of the season, and we are playing as a team, and that is what it will take to move on in the playoffs. JMO.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

In February, we have either won, tied, or had a GWGA in either the last minute or OT. That's not too bad of a situation. And we've gotten "over the hump" on one occasion, specifically Cornell. Now we just have to figure out how to finish out the rest of the games this season, and we'll be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                In February, we have either won, tied, or had a GWGA in either the last minute or OT. That's not too bad of a situation. And we've gotten "over the hump" on one occasion, specifically Cornell. Now we just have to figure out how to finish out the rest of the games this season, and we'll be just fine.
                                I agree. I see us as like Brown when they came in here a few years back and knocked us out or Princeton against Union. There is no reason we can't be a spoiler for a higher ranked team. The question is will that be the peak for us or is it just the first stop on the way up. Neither Brown nor Princeton climbed any higher really. We need to be better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X