Big Ten > NCHC.TV revisted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten > NCHC.TV revisted

Months ago there was a thread based on the premise that Big Ten hockey teams were better than NCHC teams. Perhaps it’s time to revisit my friends............

Re: Big Ten > NCHC.TV revisted

Gophers TV is very well put together. North Dakota has by far the nicest arena yet SD TV feed which looks like it could have been shot in the 80s snd rebroadcastsd on 1080p TV. Your point? UMD needs better audio
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

We should have a friendly discussion about this in person, I'll be the tall guy wearing a Michigan hockey jersey to the Saturday UMD-Denver game next month. (Spoiler: I think the B1G is mediocre this year).
      Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
        We should have a friendly discussion about this in person, I'll be the tall guy wearing a Michigan hockey jersey to the Saturday UMD-Denver game next month. (Spoiler: I think the B1G is mediocre this year).
        To be fair, the B1G Mistake is beating each other up. Everyone is beating each other. That being said, it's not an elite conference this year, either. We're not as bad as it looks, but we're not better.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

NCHC has been the best conference since inception. Big Ten has improved, and thanks to Notre Dame has been a pretty solid second best overall. But yes this year is a step back from last year for the Big Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            To be fair, the B1G Mistake is beating each other up. Everyone is beating each other. That being said, it's not an elite conference this year, either. We're not as bad as it looks, but we're not better.
            This Big10 has an inter-conference winning percentage of .598. The NCHC is .684. Next...

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              This Big10 has an inter-conference winning percentage of .598. The NCHC is .684. Next...
              Um, that's what I said. We're not better. Next.....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                Gophers TV is very well put together. North Dakota has by far the nicest arena yet SD TV feed which looks like it could have been shot in the 80s snd rebroadcastsd on 1080p TV. Your point? UMD needs better audio
                They for sure need better audio. Duluth needs to get rid of their god awful PxP and color guy. Probably the worse announcing crew in the NCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  They for sure need better audio. Duluth needs to get rid of their god awful PxP and color guy. Probably the worse announcing crew in the NCHC.
                  Now this is something we can all agree on.
                  Originally posted by Mankato student
                  Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                  "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                  -- Peter Klein

Comment

Bruce needs to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      Bruce needs to be fired.
                      What's really sad is I listened to Bruce way back when he started, and he was decent. He's become SO homerish...unlistenable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        What's really sad is I listened to Bruce way back when he started, and he was decent. He's become SO homerish...unlistenable.
                        He and Judd Medak are perfect for each other... Except one does radio and the other TV.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I'm confused - is this about the conference itself, or its use of a streaming platform??? Seems like a 50-50 split in this thread so far...

So I've been a subscriber all season to NCHC.tv, as well as some of the BTN stuff I can get from my cable subscription, and as far as technology goes, NCHC.tv is better than FloHockey and BTN, probably combined. FloHockey probably has better quality streams in the end, but the NCHC NeuLion platform is the best around.

Also, the B1G Mistake was just that. A big mistake, that screwed over college hockey.
                          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                            I'm confused - is this about the conference itself, or its use of a streaming platform??? Seems like a 50-50 split in this thread so far...

So I've been a subscriber all season to NCHC.tv, as well as some of the BTN stuff I can get from my cable subscription, and as far as technology goes, NCHC.tv is better than FloHockey and BTN, probably combined. FloHockey probably has better quality streams in the end, but the NCHC NeuLion platform is the best around.

Also, the B1G Mistake was just that. A big mistake, that screwed over college hockey.
                            Lol I know. I decided to turn it about TV. I love with NCHC TV you can watch games live, highlight reels, or replay the whole game. So when I heard about there being goonery in the SCSU-UND that doesn’t make the highlights, I’m able to go back and rewatch the game. Have yet to sync it up with my firestick/big TV but that will be great when I finally do. No offense to the fans as WMU has always been a team that makes the rest of the NCHC have to play stronger despite their lack of post season appearances, if we could just trade them and Miami for Mankato and Bemidji that’d be greeeaaaT. I think lack of regional competition is what is killing B1G and it would more likely help than hurt by keeping conferences regional based
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

No offense to the fans as WMU has always been a team that makes the rest of the NCHC have to play stronger despite their lack of post season appearances, if we could just trade them and Miami for Mankato and Bemidji that’d be greeeaaaT. I think lack of regional competition is what is killing B1G and it would more likely help than hurt by keeping conferences regional based
                              Good luck with that.
                              CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X