Maine v New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine v New Hampshire

Entertaining game between two mediocre teams.

Maine D slow and sloppy at times, Bears fail to finish too often, etc. Business as usual.

Nice effort by Robbins. Nice to see his stats starting to catch up to his ability.

Call me a dinosaur, but I miss the days when both were elite programs and games between them were dog-fights. There was genuine hate then, and it was big fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Maine lost two games at home to NU before defeating BC at Conte Forum. I expect this to be a close game and I think Maine has the edge. Perhaps a tie or Maine wins in OT. However, with Maine you never know which team will show up.
      Well, I was half right. Idid predict a tie. Chuck really nailed it. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Entertaining game between two mediocre teams.

Maine D slow and sloppy at times, Bears fail to finish too often, etc. Business as usual.

Nice effort by Robbins. Nice to see his stats starting to catch up to his ability.

Call me a dinosaur, but I miss the days when both were elite programs and games between them were dog-fights. There was genuine hate then, and it was big fun.
        Missed by all, long time ago and don't see it ever coming back to where it was then. Different era, older fans remember but to all others its just what it used to be. Now Maine has to be ready for the upstart and 4-real UMass squad....they better be ready because it could be like the NU weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Yes, that makes me a dinosaur too. After all of you folks, no one misses Walshy more than I do …
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Yes, that makes me a dinosaur too. After all of you folks, no one misses Walshy more than I do …
            Well, I miss Umile in his day, too.

He stocked UHN with water-bugs who had hands. Always a dangerous team. They were in the NCAA's year after year, and I always rooted for them... (Except when they met Maine, of course. )
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-21-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Four pages and 80 posts; not too shabby for a HEA game thread. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Four pages and 80 posts; not too shabby for a HEA game thread. :-)
                Not bad at all and quite civil compared to the old days when yahoo homers on both sides were at each others throats. Its a new kinder, gentler rivalry now that both organIzations are irrelevant
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Alright, c'mon now... let's get this going again.

Comment

Going to be a great sports weekend... 2 men's games, 2 women's games, and the Superbowl!

Comment

Predict that UNH will take two in front of White Out the Whit sellouts both nights. Not sure about the latter half of that statement but I do think UNH will take two. They’ve played pretty well these last two months and, to my eyes, have been improving game by game. Last night seemed like the old days when they used to routinely beat inferior teams into submission. The crowd was pretty loud when they got the back to back goals in the second. For the first time in a long time I am looking forward with anticipation to this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        Predict that UNH will take two in front of White Out the Whit sellouts both nights. Not sure about the latter half of that statement but I do think UNH will take two. They’ve played pretty well these last two months and, to my eyes, have been improving game by game. Last night seemed like the old days when they used to routinely beat inferior teams into submission. The crowd was pretty loud when they got the back to back goals in the second. For the first time in a long time I am looking forward with anticipation to this coming weekend.
                        Friday game on NESN+ and Saturday on NESN, but does that mean more TV time outs than usual, or the same? Those TV time outs sure can wreck the "flow" of the game, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Friday game on NESN+ and Saturday on NESN, but does that mean more TV time outs than usual, or the same? Those TV time outs sure can wreck the "flow" of the game, IMHO.
                          Does UNH offer free stream for the girl's games?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Does UNH offer free stream for the girl's games?
                            TV timeouts both nights then

3 per period

Under 13, Under 10, and Under 6 during 5 on 5 Play only and has to be a non icing whistles

It killed the flow of the Lowell/BC game last night
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              TV timeouts both nights then

3 per period

Under 13, Under 10, and Under 6 during 5 on 5 Play only and has to be a non icing whistles

It killed the flow of the Lowell/BC game last night
                              Thanks, TS.

Dunno about online stream for UNH women's games, blackl.

Comment

I can't wait. I realize our programs aren't where they once were. If anyone needs reminded I am here to help...
                                https://youtu.be/as0zfdCYu0E

Comment

Working...
                                X