Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/25/19, 1/26/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/25/19, 1/26/19)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (1/25/19, 1/26/19)

Now that they've finished playing their games...

Comment

This really will be a good measure of whether we have come together as a team. Playing at home against 2 teams that we could compete well against. For some odd reason we have looked better against the usually higher ranked Yale team than we have against the lesser ranked Brown team. Has not always been that way. In the old days Brown was considered a rather easy victory and Yale was the struggle. Two wins this weekend goes a long way in both confidence and momentum for this young RPI team.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

THE BROWN CURSE: 4 November 2016

Time to lift that. We've lifted one of the five I have listed thus far this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          THE BROWN CURSE: 4 November 2016

Time to lift that. We've lifted one of the five I have listed thus far this season.
          What are the 5?
          The one I want to lift the most is not scoring in the NCAA tourney since Servinis in 1985.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            What are the 5?
            The one I want to lift the most is not scoring in the NCAA tourney since Servinis in 1985.
            That's actually a 6th that I did not intend putting on the list until we start becoming legitimate again.

We've lifted the CCT goal curse; you can look at the score threads for the date on that. The others are CCT, Dartmouth, and Playoffs (specifically the ECAC Semifinals). The dates will be shown on their appropriate resets.

Comment

What is this discourse about curses? Did I miss a post or thread? Someone cares enough about RPI hockey these to jinx the program?
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                What is this discourse about curses? Did I miss a post or thread? Someone cares enough about RPI hockey these to jinx the program?
                The actual existence of a "curse", or however you want to describe it, is a bit tongue in cheek, but can be interpreted the way you wish. The "Brown Curse" refers to the last time RPI achieved a victory against said team, or in the case of the playoffs when that time comes, when we have reached said event. The "Goal Curse", which you may have seen during the CCT score thread, refers to the last time we scored a goal on said team or during said event. If it becomes long enough to be beyond normal expectations for when something should happen, it'll get on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  The actual existence of a "curse", or however you want to describe it, is a bit tongue in cheek, but can be interpreted the way you wish. The "Brown Curse" refers to the last time RPI achieved a victory against said team, or in the case of the playoffs when that time comes, when we have reached said event. The "Goal Curse", which you may have seen during the CCT score thread, refers to the last time we scored a goal on said team or during said event. If it becomes long enough to be beyond normal expectations for when something should happen, it'll get on the list.
                  you called them curses, not me. And none of these are close to curses. Maybe a streak. So now I know. Thanks.
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    This really will be a good measure of whether we have come together as a team. Playing at home against 2 teams that we could compete well against. For some odd reason we have looked better against the usually higher ranked Yale team than we have against the lesser ranked Brown team. Has not always been that way. In the old days Brown was considered a rather easy victory and Yale was the struggle. Two wins this weekend goes a long way in both confidence and momentum for this young RPI team.
                    Glad to hear you're feeling better...

Comment

RPI and Brown seem like fairly similar young, hard-working teams. I think we'll play another tight one, like the game back in December, and I think one of us will upset the higher ranked team in the other game.

Comment

Right on the money, kdiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Right on the money, kdiff.
                          Naturally! 😋 Very excited about the way Brown is playing right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X