RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ CCT, Saturday, 1/12/19

Well, after a win, I am supposed to start the next thread.

I wonder if there will be audio.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Well, after a win, I am supposed to start the next thread.

I wonder if there will be audio.
      if there is no audio for the entire North Country trip, then they will be losing some loyal fans. Most definitely this one. Dare I dream of a North Country sweep? Jenny and I used to go up there virtually every year as our home up there is about an hour away from the two venues. In our entire lifetime we had been present for the sweep I believe twice. We or the officials usually find a way to take the second game from us. We will need fantastic goal tending tonight and we have to find a way to score to even have a chance. I must say that offensively I am starting to like this team and feel they will start putting more in the net than most think they will. The defense is solidifying and will do just enough. My biggest concern is the goaltending. I have never been comfortable with Marshall in net, I have not seen enough of Savory and honestly, despite any other problems and difficulties prefer Perry in net at least start a game.
      Coach Smith knows far more than any of us do. I know little about the man but I see he does something our last coach did not. He makes adjustments during games between periods and on the fly. i am willing to give him time. Whether he can convince some top notch talent to come to Troy or not will perhaps determine what level we can reach. Hard to say this with a 6-14 team overall but we just look better and better and some of it is most certainly due to the recent additions.
      One big hope for tonight is that we simply stay out of the penalty box. The officials in Potsdam just have a way of proving themselves being the tiniest bit uneven with their calls over the past 55 years that I have watched up there. LGR!!! A win tonight will go a long way in helping my recuperation.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

After playing well enough to win and losing so many games, it was nice to win one where we played well enough to lose.
        Marshall has not looked good this year, but last night SLU charged the net and had everyone inside the circles on most of their goals.
        We needed to do a better job of keeping that area clean.
        I still like Savory better. He seems calmer and the team seems to play better in front of him.

Doc, ESPN+ is not a bad option. It is cheaper than what I had to pay for the Ivy network the last two seasons and you get to watch all of the away games.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

## Goaltending (Overall) YR GP Minutes GA Saves Shots Save% GAA Record Win% GS SO %Time
          1 Linden Marshall SO 13 682:00 42 341 383 .890 3.70 5-8-0 .385 13 0 56.4%
          31 Owen Savory FR 9 474:17 21 276 297 .929 2.66 1-6-0 .143 7 0 39.2%
          35 Chase Perry (DET) SR 1 37:59 1 17 18 .944 1.58 0-0-0 --- 0 0 3.1%

You have to be a complete dork not to notice things in the current chart above. The numbers do not lie and although i think Linden will mature into a much better goalie, he simply is not right now. Tonight i start Perry with Savory in relief or vice versa.

EHF-I agree with the ESPN choice and have used it. I am stuck in a position where I cannot see the TV for now and although Jenny could watch, and has, her preference has been to watch her favorites - historical TV. If i need to know anything about British History, the Roman Empire, the Egyptians,
          or historical smut in general, I just ask her. She is my GOOGLE.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            ## Goaltending (Overall) YR GP Minutes GA Saves Shots Save% GAA Record Win% GS SO %Time

You have to be a complete dork not to notice things in the current chart above. The numbers do not lie and although i think Linden will mature into a much better goalie, he simply is not right now. Tonight i start Perry with Savory in relief or vice versa.

EHF-I agree with the ESPN choice and have used it. I am stuck in a position where I cannot see the TV for now and although Jenny could watch, and has, her preference has been to watch her favorites - historical TV. If i need to know anything about British History, the Roman Empire, the Egyptians,
            With Perry's stats, there's not much to go on. Has to be something behind the scenes that we don't know about him. Does it stem from last year? Perhaps. Does Marshall look shaky? You bet. Heck, FlagDUDETTE was groaning when she found out he was starting, mainly because of the egg he laid in Indiana. However, we have two more years of him. Does he end up 3rd string when the new recruit comes in? Who knows. However, he has had a pair of wins, so I can understand why he would play.

Comment

I don't know what Perry did to put himself in the position he has been in all year. Certainly, he couldn't do any worse than Marshall at this point.
              Savory has been good all season, and I am sure that he will get the start tonight.

I hope that you will be able to get up and move around soon, it can't be fun laid up like that.
              We're pulling for a speedy recovery for you.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

Savory needs to start tonight. Clarkson is a little too dynamic for Marshall's slow positional play. Tonight will be a bellwether demonstration - 2nd night, against a team with much more talent and firepower. It'll be interesting to see how the boys fare. LGR!
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I don't know what Perry did to put himself in the position he has been in all year. Certainly, he couldn't do any worse than Marshall at this point.
                  Savory has been good all season, and I am sure that he will get the start tonight.

I hope that you will be able to get up and move around soon, it can't be fun laid up like that.
                  We're pulling for a speedy recovery for you.
                  EHF: i set the record for being discharged from this sort of extensive abdominal surgery. But then again I have the best nurse at home to attend to me and after all, when younger i was a hockey player and you just get up and go out for your next shift. I do not make a very good patient as I always expect to be better by yesterday. But at this age, nothing heals quickly.
                  I have no insight into the goalie situation but simply go by what I have seen for the past 2 years or more. Perry looks the most comfortable followed closely by Savory. Marshall just makes me nervous for all 60 minutes of every game. he can at times make a great acrobatic save and follow it by try8ng to get behind the net to stop a puck from circling around and completely miss it or give it away to the other team. I guess i am looking to see a goalie who has the savoir faire of Kazdorf. Maybe he could have been better, maybe it would have helped if he never suffered an injury. But **** he always looked cool and in control and directed pucks to the defense well while communicating to them what he was doing. We have a long history of having some very decent if not great goalies. But one thing they all had in common is that they made it look almost effortless.
                  Let me just add that I have had the experience of seeing even if only briefly in some cases, 10 of the total of 13 RPI hockey coaches ever. Far too early for me to make any judgement but in my mind, coach Smith is beginning to move up the ladder in my estimation even with a dismal won lost record so far.

Comment

EHF: i set the record for being discharged from this sort of extensive abdominal surgery. But then again I have the best nurse at home to attend to me and after all, when younger i was a hockey player and you just get up and go out for your next shift. I do not make a very good patient as I always expect to be better by yesterday. But at this age, nothing heals quickly.
                    I have no insight into the goalie situation but simply go by what I have seen for the past 2 years or more. Perry looks the most comfortable followed closely by Savory. Marshall just makes me nervous for all 60 minutes of every game. he can at times make a great acrobatic save and follow it by try8ng to get behind the net to stop a puck from circling around and completely miss it or give it away to the other team. I guess i am looking to see a goalie who has the savoir faire of Kazdorf. Maybe he could have been better, maybe it would have helped if he never suffered an injury. But **** he always looked cool and in control and directed pucks to the defense well while communicating to them what he was doing. We have a long history of having some very decent if not great goalies. But one thing they all had in common is that they made it look almost effortless.
                    Let me just add that I have had the experience of seeing even if only briefly in some cases, 10 of the total of 13 RPI hockey coaches ever. Far too early for me to make any judgement but in my mind, coach Smith is beginning to move up the ladder in my estimation even with a dismal won lost record so far.
                    I couldn't agree more about the coach. It is still early, and he could use a little more talent, but the team plays hard for sixty minutes+. And they play pretty good team defense for the most part. I don't know what happened to them last night.
                    I expect a low scoring game tonight. It is time that we scored a goal against Clarkson.

LGR
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    Gary Player

Comment

EHF-I agree with the ESPN choice and have used it. I am stuck in a position where I cannot see the TV for now and although Jenny could watch, and has, her preference has been to watch her favorites - historical TV.
                      Is historical TV, RPI's 1985 championship run?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        It is time that we scored a goal against Clarkson.

LGR
                        I hope that our *goal* is more than A goal against Clarkson.
                        The ECAC standings are so close that we could be anywhere from tied for 4th place to tied for 10th depending on what happens tonight.
                        LGR!

Comment

i believe she is in the ninth century British Isles right now. A month ago she was will Mary Queen of Scots and before that some time with Julius Caesar. She is a voracious reader and watches mostly old movies or historical themed shows. Starting next week I believe she will be watching the Spanish Princess which is about a young Catherine of Aragon.
                          During that 1985 run I believe we only missed 2 away games and one home game. The year before (when I firmly believe we should have won it all) we missed zero games.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what "historical smut" is
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              I'm still trying to figure out what "historical smut" is
                              Jen can tell you of the top of her head not only who Henry VIII married and his life with them, she can tell you in detail who else he slept with, had ******** with, or simply had affairs with. The thing is, she can do this with Roman Emperors, Egyptian Pharaohs, Norse Vikings, etc etc etc. I would put her knowledge of the Romanovs for example (including the affairs of Catherine the Great) up against Wikipedia any day. i do not use GOOGLE for anything historical. I simply turn to Jenny and ask her. She has one of the best memory retention I have ever seen. It is great unless she remembers something I said or did 44 years ago that I should be ashamed of.
                              One of these days, we are going to get up to the HFH again. You have to meet her, I promise you will never forget it.

I wake up next to her every day for 44 years and each day is like an "E" ticket ride in Disney World.

Comment

Working...
                              X