X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Made the trek down for my first visit to the XL, ice appeared soft with tons of water left after the ice cleanings. Should have won it in OT, but at least it wasn’t a loss. Defense was pretty solid but did have trouble at times clearing the zone allowing UConn to cycle and create a lot of chances. Again, Gildon was the best player on the ice, nice to have him back. Offense looked good at times, but most of the night never really clicked with poor puck handling, poor passing, and weak shots. Thought they played like a team that thinks they are better than they actually are. We will take the point and hope for 2 more tomorrow, actually tonight.
    Couldn't agree more with your assessment...we were hemmed in way too much last night and good thing UConn doesn't have the Tage T's anymore (at least at the moment). Your assessment of the offense is also right. The announcers said UNH was a team that could go on a run and that may be true but we have to be much better tonight. We still haven't done the job of beating them, let's go 'Cats!!!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Unless it can be done inexpensively, the reaction to re-sizing the rink would rival the blowback from spending $1 million of Robert Morin's bequest on the football video screen. It would be used against UNH by the NH legislature when UNH submits its funding request in the next budget cycle. As Greg states, this concept recycles periodically and goes nowhere. Full disclosure, I prefer hockey on the big sheet and was in favor of the video screen.

Good tie last night, if we win tonight. Emotionally, picking the UMass/ME game is like choosing between electrocution and lethal injection, UMass is the way to go. Rooting for NU over Providence is not a problem. Oh yeah, Go BC. (choke) (gag).
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Glass half full: Souza broke his 4+ year string of losses behind his own bench in UNH-Yukon games.

Glass half empty: Souza still winless in 4+ years behind his own bench in UNH-Yukon games. Can fix that tonight at 100 ft wide Lake Whitt.

But, UNH completely dominated the last five minutes of regulation and the entire OT, clanking their second post of the night.

All of these ties are making me nervous about the over/under 13.5 wins contest, and I hope not like the way ties sunk Dick's NRN last season.

Gildon No. 3 star at Hartford XL Center on Friday night; I think that he should have been No. 1 star. Played like a man among boys.
        Watching that game made me wonder if UNH was looking past UConn...and we aren't in the position to do that. Sure we can dominate like against 'Mack but UConn is scrambling to get those HE points and we didn't answer that consistently all night. I also have to remind myself that this team is still on the young side, obviously not an excuse as I know they can play better. Agree with your assessment of Max...better enjoy it while we can. We can gain some distance with 2 points tonight!!

Really want that UConn monkey off our backs, tonight's the night 'Cats!! (Oh, and Chuck? I looked but didn't find a story about the game in the Courant..maybe I missed it or UConn hockey isn't worth writing about?)

Comment

https://youtu.be/UpQDaEjfE3A

Just sayin'

Hopefully the Cats will be dancin' tonight!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Really want that UConn monkey off our backs, tonight's the night 'Cats!! (Oh, and Chuck? I looked but didn't find a story about the game in the Courant..maybe I missed it or UConn hockey isn't worth writing about?)
            I think you're on the right track, 'Ref …
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              UConn hockey isn't worth writing about?)
              It's a basketball crazy state. And the women's BB team is the best and most sought-after program in the country. Continuous sellouts. Hockey is well down on the list...

Comment

Wow!!!! And just like that..the ‘Cats are up 2-0!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Wow!!!! And just like that..the ‘Cats are up 2-0!!
                  Or 3!
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Or 5. Good to be home again.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Wooooooooo Monkey Off Back!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Or 5. Good to be home again.
                        Or 6!!!!! Woo!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Wooooooooo Monkey Off Back!!!!!!
                          Monkey, or husky.

And, Blackburn is our first double-digit goal scorer once again (our only one last season). Crookshank and Nazarian knocking on door with nine each.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 01-27-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Monkey, or husky.
                            More like a rabid, annoying chihuahua that keeps telling anyone who'll listen about its former master.

And with UVM's OT goal up at The Gutt to sneak past a game Merrimack squad that scored two late goals to force the OT, that loud thud clanking its way out of Durham is Your Last Place in Hockey East UConn Huskies and their super-awesome, I used to be Jerry York's wingman, I taught Mike Souza everything he knows, balding and failing head coach … good ol' what'shisname.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

WOO HOO!! What a night, and what a game!! Hope the back door of the Whitt didn't hit ol' Luce in the derriere too hard on his way out.

As a side note...it was USCHO Fan Forum night on the Lake Whitt ice between the second and third periods, as "yours truly" and fellow poster Darius faced off against each other in the "race to the goal" contest promo. This is the goofy promo where contestants start at the blue line and don a UNH jersey, race to the red line and don hockey pants, and finally down to the other blue line, grabbing a stick and puck and race to shoot it in the net. My hat's off to Darius for a running a fine race and successfully putting the puck in the net. My attempt to distract him but putting my jersey on backwards failed miserably.
                              Last edited by Scott; 01-26-2019, 09:24 PM.
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                WOO HOO!! What a night, and what a game!! Hope the back door of the Whitt didn't hit ol' Luce in the derriere too hard on his way out.

As a side note...it was USCHO Fan Forum night on the Lake Whitt ice between the second and third periods, as "yours truly" and fellow poster Darius faced off against each other in the "race to the goal" contest promo. This is the goofy promo where contestants start at the blue line and don a UNH jersey, race to the red line and don hockey pants, and finally down to the other blue line, grabbing a stick and puck and race to shoot it in the net. My hat's off to Darius for a running a fine race putting the puck in the net. My attempt to distract him but putting my jersey on backwards failed miserably.
                                Really sorry that I missed this intermission highlight, Scott and Darius. :-)

So, Chuck, is it back to the AHC for Luce's Yukon Huskies, if the AHC will take 'em?

Comment

Working...
                                X