Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
    Red needs to go now. Have Guite coach for remainder of season.
    Never happen....

Comment

I would think and hope that this coming game versus Colorado College is a must win game @ Home. To date these two teams common teams played against is UMD and Vermont...Maine lost @ UMD, 8-2 and 3-2...while CC lost both games also @ UMD 3-0 and 5-1...while Maine beat and tied @ Vermont, 5-2 and 3-3 and CC hosting Vermont split, winning 5-2 and losing 2-1....Maine comes in @ 5-9-2 and 7th place in Hockey East while CC stands @ 7-9-2 and in 8th place [last] in the NCHC...which has been a better Conference the last few years compared to Hockey East.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Tim always had a very good top line, but he didn't have any depth. His top line could compete with the best teams in the league. Under Gendron there is no top line of any consequence. These Gendron teams grind it out every game and struggle to score.
        Forget Tim. Never freakin’ mind Tim. Tim has nothing to do with anything. Please let’s not talk about Tim on this forum any more. He was an undertaker posing as a D1 hockey coach. Period. You want to scream on Red, go ahead, have at it. Be constructive. I personally am throwing furniture around the house after the performance this weekend at Princeton.
        Last edited by DoubleA; 12-30-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Just opened an email from BU Hockey with a mid-season newsletter to the season ticket holders, supporters and fans. Sent out over Albie’s name. It is detailed, it names names, it is pretty informative. I would love to see Black Bear hockey send out something similar and give us something to look forward to for the 2nd half of the season, but I don’t know what the hell it would say. Check out their newsletter at GoTerriers.com. It is worth a read.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            My guess is yes. Not that it will change much.
            Yeh, I wouldnt think so either. But, Ken said he wanted to hear from the fans. Here you go!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
              Just opened an email from BU Hockey with a mid-season newsletter to the season ticket holders, supporters and fans. Sent out over Albie’s name. It is detailed, it names names, it is pretty informative. I would love to see Black Bear hockey send out something similar and give us something to look forward to for the 2nd half of the season, but I don’t know what the hell it would say. Check out their newsletter at GoTerriers.com. It is worth a read.
              Not surprising, a well run program vs ours that has become bush league.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Continue, tough way to end the season but heck of a season it was. Going to leave a bad taste in the mouth
                Belated congrats to Maine on a great football season

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Forget Tim. Never freakin’ mind Tim. Tim has nothing to do with anything. Please let’s not talk about Tim on this forum any more. He was an undertaker posing as a D1 hockey coach. Period. You want to scream on Red, go ahead, have at it. Be constructive. I personally am throwing furniture around the house after the performance this weekend at Princeton.
                  As much as I wanted TW gone done the stretch, Red has been the true undertaker. Things are so bad right now that I'd honestly welcome Tim back with open arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                    Just opened an email from BU Hockey with a mid-season newsletter to the season ticket holders, supporters and fans. Sent out over Albie’s name. It is detailed, it names names, it is pretty informative. I would love to see Black Bear hockey send out something similar and give us something to look forward to for the 2nd half of the season, but I don’t know what the hell it would say. Check out their newsletter at GoTerriers.com. It is worth a read.
                    Sounds like that ridiculous thing Larry Lucchino sent out in 2012 about the friendly Mike Avilas and the cheerful Cody Ross. No thanks.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      So no WWTD for you, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        As much as I wanted TW gone done the stretch, Red has been the true undertaker. Things are so bad right now that I'd honestly welcome Tim back with open arms.
                        That is a bit beyond reasonable. Give Timmay a team not set up and he will bury it.

I'd be in favor of a legit search and paying a premium for a young and promising coach. The AD said his work is cut out for him and he has to come up with outside the box ideas for financing things.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          That is a bit beyond reasonable. Give Timmay a team not set up and he will bury it.

I'd be in favor of a legit search and paying a premium for a young and promising coach. The AD said his work is cut out for him and he has to come up with outside the box ideas for financing things.
                          BINGO....RG stays and Maine Hockey continues to sink....and the Die-Hards vent even more....U-Maine Sports 101.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            That is a bit beyond reasonable. .
                            Thats how frustrated people are. After extreme frustration comes apathy, after that, empty arena
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Thats how frustrated people are. After extreme frustration comes apathy, after that, empty arena
                              And the Building is already low in Attendence, seats open everywhere's...and low season ticket renewals and long timers not even renewing there life long seats. You can't give a ticket away like the old days when the ticket was golden...now it's well if I have nothing better to do, maybe....but don't hold your breath. The Passion for the Program is GONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                And the Building is already low in Attendence, seats open everywhere's...and low season ticket renewals and long timers not even renewing there life long seats. You can't give a ticket away like the old days when the ticket was golden...now it's well if I have nothing better to do, maybe....but don't hold your breath. The Passion for the Program is GONE.
                                I'm not even sure it is recoverable. Get the perfect coach in, make some deep tourney runs, and I don't know that 5,000 people start walking through that door again. People are a whole lot more busy than they were 30 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X