Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Could see this one coming. Red sounded completely clueless during the pregame show and ran out the same lineup as last night.
    I would like to see Sirota get in the lineup, he cant honestly be worse than Butala has looked pretty awful all season long.

Comment

Sway must be drunk. 3 goals already for powerhouse Princeton. This is absurd. I’m signing off for a while.

Comment

Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Back to watching tv shows for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Sway must be drunk. 3 goals already for powerhouse Princeton. This is absurd. I’m signing off for a while.
          4 goals

Comment

4 goals in the 1st period and Sway gets pulled for Bubba. Buh-Bye!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Wow we are pathetic
              its just a little rut
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Princeton has been running the goalie a lot this weekend

Comment

What a joke. Tralmaks has an open net and places it in the goalie's glove, then a chance goes the other way and Keeper doesn't hustle on a breakaway and gives up a goal.

Comment

Men's hockey record in last 14 seasons is 208 - 265 ties not included. 44% winning percentage. And people wonder why fans have lost interest?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Hockey-L, Me-Hockey are still around, just no one uses them. But they were polite, the first few years of USCHO were unreal
                      Probably cant find them anymore.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Could see this one coming. Red sounded completely clueless during the pregame show and ran out the same lineup as last night.
                        Well, he IS clueless.

Some die-hards on this thread say that he's recruited "talent", but he doesn't have a single finisher on this squad. The team is 90% grinders. Even in this era of parity, that won't work.

I wouldn't say that Maine is badly coached, necessarily, but there's no real skill there. That's where Red has failed miserably.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-29-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

4 goals in the 1st period and Sway gets pulled for Bubba. Buh-Bye!!!
                          Mac is D-3 material, at best. And Swayman isn't the cat's azz either. I do not see a single player on this team cracking an NHL lineup. At least Timmy got a few guys of that caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Mac is D-3 material, at best. And Swayman isn't the cat's azz either. I do not see a single player on this team cracking an NHL lineup. At least Timmy got a few guys of that caliber.
                            Tim always had a very good top line, but he didn't have any depth. His top line could compete with the best teams in the league. Under Gendron there is no top line of any consequence. These Gendron teams grind it out every game and struggle to score.

Comment

Lets face it, Gendron has been given ample time to rebuild/progress...and with that he has NOT. Nothing pretty about this team this season...after last season I thought that they would improve in the defensive play area and at least have a line that other teams would have to take notice when on the ice...but they don't...period. Swayman can ONLY do so much in keeping the team in the game...and he even has had his bad games which for goaltending can be expected...areas they still have no clues is winning face-offs, taking ill advised penalty's and have zero amount of discipline, no front of the net presence on offence or on defense protecting the netminder...NO on ice or in the locker room leaders. Gendron came in with good/positive intentions but it has not worked...seems to me this should be getting noticed by the AD [Ralph]. BUT want can he do or better yet what is he willing to do if he's really in on moving the Program forward and not a back burner Program. The anything to happen would be that Gendron himself see's the writing on the wall and for the BEST of the Program...he RESIGN's after the season...but then there's still time [??] with 18 games left in the regular season...and that's the regular season as they could very well not make the Hockey East Playoffs [1-8] and slide out of it. Frustrating to say the least. But with that as the new week starts: HAPPY NEW YEAR to all..!

Comment

Red needs to go now. Have Guite coach for remainder of season.
                                When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X