Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Maine definitely pulled it together after a near-disaster in the 1st. Swayman was the main reason they stayed in the game, as others have said. Maine certainly didn't lack effort tonight, for most of the game.

I doubt that any of the 5-8 HEA teams will advance, but we'll see.
    You don't ever step out a limb. this way you can never be wrong. Must be hard that you can't step out once in a while. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      You don't ever step out a limb. this way you can never be wrong. Must be hard that you can't step out once in a while. Sad.
      Well, why would I? I have eyes, Blackie.

BC blows this season. Ask anybody.

Comment

Hind site for you is 20/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

BC is pretty bad. They had no heart, you could tell the whole weekend. But, I think Maine is better than you say or think they are. That said, I will acknowledge they probably arent as good as I or others say or think they are. Depending on what they show me next weekend in Amherst will give me a better idea on what I think they can do going forward.

Comment

You never had to think in the future. You can only judge.

Comment

Blacki, Step away from the keyboard. This is the same team that lost twice to Princeton. While I believe its a huge weekend beating BC twice , it doesn't make them world beaters. Its good to see them putting it together.

Just look at the year Wallstrom is having. Who would have thought a first rounder would disappear on the ice. This aint the BC team we are used to. Something isnt right with BC. Too much talent? Jerry losing it?

Having said all that its great to beat BC I dont care if they are up or down . Swayman was who we thought he would be. Props to Shea also, I didnt realize how fast he was, haven't seen much out of him all season but he played well last night.
              Since Mitch got the monkee off his back, the shots are going in.

Sirota must be a defensive liability in Reds mind? but he can thread a puck thru legs from the point.

Nice to see them getting to .500 also

On to BU

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

On the one hand, BC is 10-18-3. If they had that record and the front of their jerseys said MERRIMACK, that would be a ho-hum weekend.

On the other, it is BC.

I'm on record that Maine, with its resources, should be on average a .500 program. Some years get close to 20 wins and make the tournament, and some years a bit worse. So, on schedule thus far I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  BC is pretty bad. They had no heart, you could tell the whole weekend. But, I think Maine is better than you say or think they are. That said, I will acknowledge they probably arent as good as I or others say or think they are. Depending on what they show me next weekend in Amherst will give me a better idea on what I think they can do going forward.
                  BC with 12 NHL recruits and one of the best college hockey coach, baffling. Must be too many egos and bad chemistry.
                  I thought Maine was better conditioned and more physical.
                  Last edited by NorthMike; 02-24-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Shaping up to be the old big 4 in slots 5-8. Did Drew seriously say something about Maine winning the tourney? Ya, that ain't happening but congrats on beating a horrific BC team. Who do you want to play in the QFs?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Point of parlimentary procedure Maine couldve won the thing in 2012 if Abbott didnt get gooned out in the semis
                      That BC team was a wagon down the stretch, defensively included. Ah the good old days!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Props to Shea also, I didnt realize how fast he was, haven't seen much out of him all season but he played well last night.
                        Reminded me of Rob Bellamy last night. Skated in a straight line like a runaway freight train.

Comment

Some further observations,

- Swayman was absolutely phenomenal all weekend. He was tracking everything and made several huge stops, especially last night. With a lesser goalie in net it might be 4-0 or 5-0 after the first, that's how bad it was.

- I thought Dohrety had a very good weekend. He won a lot of puck battles along the boards and even in open ice, and made several nice passes. He stood out to me in a good way.

- Binner, on the other hand, struggled. He made a lot of turnovers and just wasnt in great positions, and looked frustrated at times. I believe he also went to the box a few times.

- Keenan was an absolute bum of a referee. Called a lot of matching minors I thought should have been Maine power plays, especially the mixup with Fossier early on during Friday's game. Mitch was getting mugged right in front of Keenan behind the play and no whistle, Mitch tries to get the guy off and the arm goes up for matching minors.

- Maine is an average team. They've won as many as they've lost, and played a schedule of average strength (ranked #23 in SoS by RPI), and had a few good wins (vs Yale, vs UMass) and some duds of losses (@Princeton, @UConn). They're not a national tournament caliber team, but they are also not bottom feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Blacki, Step away from the keyboard. This is the same team that lost twice to Princeton. While I believe its a huge weekend beating BC twice , it doesn't make them world beaters. Its good to see them putting it together.

Just look at the year Wallstrom is having. Who would have thought a first rounder would disappear on the ice. This aint the BC team we are used to. Something isnt right with BC. Too much talent? Jerry losing it?

Having said all that its great to beat BC I dont care if they are up or down . Swayman was who we thought he would be. Props to Shea also, I didnt realize how fast he was, haven't seen much out of him all season but he played well last night.
                            Since Mitch got the monkee off his back, the shots are going in.

Sirota must be a defensive liability in Reds mind? but he can thread a puck thru legs from the point.

Nice to see them getting to .500 also

On to BU

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I am not stepping away from the keyboard. I don't have a keyboard with this thing anyways.

I have every right to get excited when we sweep BC. When was the last time we swept anyone, let alone BC?

If you have a problem with me being happy about that then go screw.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

If you have a problem with me being happy about that then go screw.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                So we swept BC on the season... and you decide to take exeption with Drew... using word like parlimentary...

You are lost. Go find your home team because it isn't here.
                                https://goo.gl/images/JQa4py

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X