Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Tied a 1.

Comment

Better that period, and they got it back. Still would like to see them pick it up a bit. Huge period here.

Comment

That Sirota deserves top minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          You are looking at the top d man... Sirota, after less than two months of play.
          D has been playing better since he got to orono.

Comment

Also, I was tough on Shea. But he backchecked like a mad man on one play. No doubt those are he little details that keep us in games. Great job Shea, Back check of the game so far.

Comment

Great game... Swayman kept them in it. The boys just went to work. Great goal from Fossier.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Great game... Swayman kept them in it. The boys just went to work. Great goal from Fossier.
                Heck of an effort after a slow start. They just kept after it. Relentless!

Comment

Absolutely colossal win. Still in the thick of it, could use some help coming up though.

Comment

Sweet win, didnt think they would regroup after that 1st period.
                    Cant recall last time we swept BC.
                    Great goaltending and over all team effort.
                    The BU game is going to be huge, should be a full house.

Comment

The boys played very well and took care of business. Hopefully the Alfond faithful enjoyed like the old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        This probably is Maine’s best chance of winning the tourney since 2007.
                        Point of parlimentary procedure Maine couldve won the thing in 2012 if Abbott didnt get gooned out in the semis

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Back in black...
                          https://youtu.be/OuQQgN4psb8

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Point of parlimentary procedure Maine couldve won the thing in 2012 if Abbott didnt get gooned out in the semis
                            So we swept BC on the season... and you decide to take exeption with Drew... using word like parlimentary...

You are lost. Go find your home team because it isn't here.

Comment

Maine definitely pulled it together after a near-disaster in the 1st. Swayman was the main reason they stayed in the game, as others have said. Maine certainly didn't lack effort tonight, for most of the game.

I doubt that any of the 5-8 HEA teams will advance, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Sweet win, didnt think they would regroup after that 1st period.
                                Cant recall last time we swept BC.
                                Great goaltending and over all team effort.
                                The BU game is going to be huge, should be a full house.
                                Last regular season sweep of BC was 2005-6 when Maine was 3-0 during the season. However, Maine lost 4-1 in the Hockey East tournament. Prior to that, the 91-92 and 92-93 teams won seven consecutive games against the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X