Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

5-8-2

Comment

I can't decide if that game warrants being called "pathetic" or not.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        I can't decide if that game warrants being called "pathetic" or not.
        I think pathetic is being kind.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Havent scored more than 3 goals in 2 months and only twice all year. For a team that returned 6 20-point guys. The on ice product is an abomination

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            Havent scored more than 3 goals in 2 months and only twice all year. For a team that returned 6 20-point guys. The on ice product is an abomination
            52nd in the country in goals per game. Ahead of such luminaries as Brown, Alaska, Merrimack, St. Lawrence, RPI, Colgate, UAH and Anchorage. Good company.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Continue, tough way to end the season but heck of a season it was. Going to leave a bad taste in the mouth
              Tough 1-0 loss, lot of opportunities - 1 open net shot hit the far post could have tied it in 2nd, but tough game. Tomorrow nite should be better game for both teams. Princeton is a better team than their record shows....tied Penn St and their losses to QPak were not as bad as the score showed, either.

For a board that does not even talk about the hockey team, I would say if they play to their fan base, it sounds like you have lost interest. Was impressive seeing quite a few Maine jackets and shirts in New Jersey!!! The board does not do justice to this very good University team in a bit of a rut....

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                Tough 1-0 loss, lot of opportunities - 1 open net shot hit the far post could have tied it in 2nd, but tough game. Tomorrow nite should be better game for both teams. Princeton is a better team than their record shows....tied Penn St and their losses to QPak were not as bad as the score showed, either.

For a board that does not even talk about the hockey team, I would say if they play to their fan base, it sounds like you have lost interest. Was impressive seeing quite a few Maine jackets and shirts in New Jersey!!! The board does not do justice to this very good University team in a bit of a rut....
                Been a long time since this University was a good team/program...seeing them once every blue-moon does not tell the whole story, been down hill the last part of the Whitehead era and since Gendron has been at the helm in 5 1/2 seasons the saga has gone from a end of a era to a present day error. All on this board are die-hards that have seen it all and understand you can't win everything each and every season....BUT what has gone on here the last 10-11 years has been a nightmare.

Comment

The board does not do justice to this very good University team in a bit of a rut....
                  Are you talking about Princeton or Maine?
                  The rut has been going on for years now and the reason this board has been quiet about the hockey team. Its deja vu all over again. Not much else to say.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

U-18 team beats #2 St. Cloud. Shows how close Maine is to the top!

Comment

If this team is “very good” then what the hell would ya call the 50 teams ahead of them in goal scoring?

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        If this team is “very good” then what the hell would ya call the 50 teams ahead of them in goal scoring?
                        Rungs.

Until this team figures that out they have mouth full and view of *****.

Comment

Let's lighten up on these boys... I mean in the last 27 day they only played the under age 18 Team. And got **** handed to them. Let's lighten up boys, we have a crew of ****ing losers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Let's lighten up on these boys... I mean in the last 27 day they only played the under age 18 Team. And got **** handed to them. Let's lighten up boys, we have a crew of ****ing losers.
                            I think their is more talent on the team that doesn't have any leadership or maybe its the right leadership??
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Plenty of talent. The guys at the top can't lead. From coaching staff on down. I'd like to see Ben and Alfie do something, given they were champions. But everyone gets old and accustom to a recliner I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I think their is more talent on the team that doesn't have any leadership or maybe its the right leadership??
                                When guys regress you gotta look at the coach but I’m told his peers say Red Gendron is very good sooooo

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Working...
                                X