Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Good win, always good to beat BC. Should have been a shutout for swayman though, he played great.

That last 10 s scramble around the net was wild. Swayman was laying on tbe ice behind the net trying to get the puck and three maine players were in the net. BC had the tying goal if they pushed it out to the slot to wide open bc player and lots of open net.

Comment

Vermont pulls goalie in 0-0 game in OT, BU wins, screwing Maine. Not really but one point may make a difference in final standings.

How BC doesn't tie it up is beyond me. That was an ugly last 2 minutes, Maine had chance to clear it 3 different times in last minute and couldn't with 2 guys on the puck and a few feet from blue line. But any win against BC is a good win and glad to see they won a Friday night game in Alfond. Need another tonight.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Vermont pulls goalie in 0-0 game in OT, BU wins, screwing Maine. Not really but one point may make a difference in final standings.

How BC doesn't tie it up is beyond me. That was an ugly last 2 minutes, Maine had chance to clear it 3 different times in last minute and couldn't with 2 guys on the puck and a few feet from blue line. But any win against BC is a good win and glad to see they won a Friday night game in Alfond. Need another tonight.
        Yeah it was a wild finish. Up to that point Maine had played good defensively only giving up a couple big short handed chances when on the power play. Gotta see more good d tonight.

Comment

Game highlights...
          https://youtu.be/FYq-C7Mkvvg

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I think I’d be more irritated if I was a providence fan.

It’s going to be a very interesting tournament this year. Surprising that the big four will all likely be the away seeds. I honestly could see all four winning though depending on the matchups. At this point I’d fancy Maine playing Lowell over the other teams, but I’m not sure the odds are much better or worse against the others.

This probably is Maine’s best chance of winning the tourney since 2007. There were obviously other teams with more talent up front, but none of them had goaltending that was anywhere close to good enough.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I think I’d be more irritated if I was a providence fan.

It’s going to be a very interesting tournament this year. Surprising that the big four will all likely be the away seeds. I honestly could see all four winning though depending on the matchups. At this point I’d fancy Maine playing Lowell over the other teams, but I’m not sure the odds are much better or worse against the others.

This probably is Maine’s best chance of winning the tourney since 2007. There were obviously other teams with more talent up front, but none of them had goaltending that was anywhere close to good enough.
              As far as playoff matchups go, sneaking up to 4th to get home ice would be huge, but I wouldn't count on it. Of the likely four top seeds, I also think UML presents the best chance for an upset for Maine. After that, despite the struggles it's probably PC they might have the best chance against. I also think NU is arguably a worse matchup than Umass, based on my observations of watching Maine play those teams twice each at Alfond. Though, I might not mind playing the Huskies first round, as theres a lot of animosity and anger between the two teams. I sense a budding rivalry there.

Comment

Girls almost got it done despite what seemed like half a bench.

Comment

Ugly.
                  Dont let walstrom score in the alfond.
                  Last edited by NorthMike; 02-23-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

That might have been the worst period of the season, absolutely awful. Not great to see with two massive points on the line.

Comment

Looks like they felt victory was easy after last night. Terrible first 20. Another team would have them down by 3 right now. No spirit or fight.

Comment

See if Red got their heads straight at break. Some coaching majic.

Comment

After this kill he has to call a timeout. This team needs a reset tonight mentally.

Comment

Thank you Robin Sibley for an unofficial timeout.

Comment

Maine playing very weak... not finishing checks at all.

Comment

You are looking at the top d man... Sirota, after less than two months of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X