Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Don't players know what is and what isn't a penalty? Such an obvious interference penalty on Tralmaks. And as I write this, Merrimack scores on the power play. Will Maine ever learn?

Comment

Might have been kicked in. Questionable call but the goal stands.

Comment

Ryan Smith has been an animal since coming back from injury. I really like him as a player.

Comment

This is an absurdly frustrating game to watch.

Maine is probably the dumbest team in America.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            This is an absurdly frustrating game to watch.

Maine is probably the dumbest team in America.
            I agree. I can't believe Maine won that game. But we will take it. The one timer by Robbins was a beauty.

Comment

3 points at one of the very worst teams in the country... It's a start!

Comment

Sometimes I feel like Maine is the Steelers of the NCAA, except without the high-end talent. They generally seem to get up for big games, but play down to their competition and it costs them. With how thickly clustered the middle of Hockey East is, that point they gave away last night could end up having been huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  Sometimes I feel like Maine is the Steelers of the NCAA, except without the high-end talent. They generally seem to get up for big games, but play down to their competition and it costs them. With how thickly clustered the middle of Hockey East is, that point they gave away last night could end up having been huge.
                  I’m fine with Maine taking three points at Merrimack and UVM, it’s only getting one at UConn that really hurts.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Stray observations from first time seeing team live in a long time
                    *Power play is attrocious. Never got set up or effectively moved the puck all night.

*They’re slow. They have some skill and hands you could see on some drop passes but its all a step slow, a step too hesitant. Theres no gamebreaker.

*Swayman was a different goalie in the 2nd and 3rd. Maybe his warmup isnt right or maybe its just coincidence bur with this bunchc in front of him hes gotta be ready from the jump.

*Theyre so undisciplined. Start of the third I said to the person I was with, lets kill the carry over then stay out of the box. Maine proceeds to take 25 pentalty minutes, 10 in minors plus Shea’s 15. Shea I dont think had intent to injure but hes gotta be smarter than that in a one goal game. It was reckless.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Congratulations to Maine on a win. They tried desperately to lose that game. Fortunately, Maine's penalty kill is pretty good and Merrimack's offense is inept.

Comment

Pearson's health this coming weekend is going to be absolutely critical. I'm not sure how much they can do without him and his synergy with Fossier is remarkable. I suppose it's fun to say there's a huge late season series with BC, even if that dosent mean the same thing it would have in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Pearson's health this coming weekend is going to be absolutely critical. I'm not sure how much they can do without him and his synergy with Fossier is remarkable. I suppose it's fun to say there's a huge late season series with BC, even if that dosent mean the same thing it would have in the old days.
                          Concussion from facebook group? Good win no matter how they played. How did Shea get a kneeing call? Stick his leg out ? Still too many penalties but I guess thats the way it is. On to BC
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Highlights from last night's game...
                            https://youtu.be/UyMVUrpiwp4

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Concussion from facebook group? Good win no matter how they played. How did Shea get a kneeing call? Stick his leg out ? Still too many penalties but I guess thats the way it is. On to BC
                              It was a pretty bad knee on knee leg check. No attempt to avoid it and the other player was down for a while. They reviewed the replay.

Also, the first goal they reviewed didn't go off a skate, went of Muehlbauer's stick. So the refs got that right too. I mentioned this because others thought it was a questionable call. Turns out it wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Yeah center ice leg check pretty much knee on knee. I dont think he was trying to do that but he was careless and put himself in terrible position. They reviewed it which I guess is a thing now

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Working...
                                X