Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Maine played very well. Was nice to see an opponent that misses the net as much as Maine does. Don't look now but Maine has three wins against ranked opponents since the start of the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Maine played very well. Was nice to see an opponent that misses the net as much as Maine does. Don't look now but Maine has three wins against ranked opponents since the start of the new year.
      Maine is 2-8 vs teams ranked in the KRACH top 15. Providence entered the night #16.

A sweep of Merrimack next weekend is imperative. A little help from UConn wouldn't hurt. BU has a lead on Maine for 7th and a much easier schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Maine is 2-8 vs teams ranked in the KRACH top 15. Providence entered the night #16.

A sweep of Merrimack next weekend is imperative. A little help from UConn wouldn't hurt. BU has a lead on Maine for 7th and a much easier schedule.
        I think UNH and BC are Maine’s best chances as far as teams they could catch.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          A pig just took off from the Bangor Airport.
          Two inept offensive teams split a weekend series. Both games were yawners, but this is what we have in the middle-tier of HEA right now.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-09-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Look they beat umass and pc once so theyre capable.

IF we can get a bounce and win a series we have a punchers chance. Given how much of a dumpster fire it looked like a month ago thats as good as you can ask for, I suppose

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

That play by Robbins was spectacular in stick work getting the puck and hustle getting open enough to get a shot off... highlights...

https://youtu.be/Perk_YoVhlw

Comment

Looking at the schedule next weekend, Maine and Northeastern should both sweep and it isn't outside the realm of possibility that everything else is a split. That would mean Maine would leapfrog idle UHN and BU to gain 6th and be only two points behind Boston College. That would secure Maine a playoff spot and make the following weekend series with the Eagles very important for both teams.

There's still a sliver of hope Maine could get home ice for the playoffs, but there's a lot of congestion in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  That play by Robbins was spectacular in stick work getting the puck and hustle getting open enough to get a shot off... highlights...

https://youtu.be/Perk_YoVhlw
                  That was a nice play. If they had played better in 2nd period on Friday might have swept?? But they still played well overall for the weekend. Swayman keeps them in games. The problem is not much scoring after 1st line.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    That was a nice play. If they had played better in 2nd period on Friday might have swept?? But they still played well overall for the weekend. Swayman keeps them in games. The problem is not much scoring after 1st line.
                    Friday was a good college hockey game, live anyway. Very physical and good hustle, lots of extracurricular activity after whistle and going to bench. They all shook hands at end of game which is good to see. 2nd period was poor, only 3 shots by maine.

PK and PP has improved greatly. 4th line is horrible. 2nd line has been dry, especially Doherty which Im surprised at. JSS looked lost out there this weekend.

Is VMT hurt again? I missed that if so.

Comment

Definitely a good win last night in a must win scenario. Looking at the Hockey East standings I don't think it's too far-fetched to think Maine gets up to 6th. Looking at BC's remaining schedule they are @UMass, UMass, @Maine, @Maine, Northeastern, @Northeastern and @Providence. If Maine takes care of business this weekend, and UMass disposes of BC, then Maine and BC will be tied and we'll have an interesting series at the Alfond the following weekend. UNH's schedule isn't any easier, two home vs Northeastern, UMass-Lowell, @UMass Lowell and @Northeastern. We sit two points back of UNH right now and although I've been impressed with what Souza has done there I think Maine ultimately finishes ahead of them. Tie-Breaker would go to conference play wins and with UNH's 5 ties in conference we might slightly edge them out. Another thing to look at is the race for first place, UMass-Lowell is streaking right now (haven't lost since December 29th) and have a pretty favorable schedule with 3 of their last 7 against Vermont and Merrimack. Too avoid going to Amherst or Lowell, both almost gauranteed sweeps, their going to have to get to 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        Friday was a good college hockey game, live anyway. Very physical and good hustle, lots of extracurricular activity after whistle and going to bench. They all shook hands at end of game which is good to see. 2nd period was poor, only 3 shots by maine.

PK and PP has improved greatly. 4th line is horrible. 2nd line has been dry, especially Doherty which Im surprised at. JSS looked lost out there this weekend.

Is VMT hurt again? I missed that if so.
                        Special teams have been playing very well lately, PK was #15 in the nation coming into last night I believe. The 4th line really is awful, I feel bad for Quinlivan because I feel like he's actually been playing pretty well lately but has to deal with the human anchors known as Hock and especially Perez. No matter where the 4th line starts a shift they are seemingly pinned in the D zone within 15 seconds. I thought Dohrety played pretty well on Friday, but he wasnt very good last night. Also took the stupid penalty that led to the goal against.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Special teams have been playing very well lately, PK was #15 in the nation coming into last night I believe. The 4th line really is awful, I feel bad for Quinlivan because I feel like he's actually been playing pretty well lately but has to deal with the human anchors known as Hock and especially Perez. No matter where the 4th line starts a shift they are seemingly pinned in the D zone within 15 seconds. I thought Dohrety played pretty well on Friday, but he wasnt very good last night. Also took the stupid penalty that led to the goal against.
                          Perez has no business playing....he brings nothing that helps Maine.

Comment

If every single thing breaks right for Maine this coming weekend, Maine could theoretically be tied for third in Hockey East after next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              If every single thing breaks right for Maine this coming weekend, Maine could theoretically be tied for third in Hockey East after next weekend.
                              "IF" you were in Vegas would you push all the chips in and go with that thought..!!!

Comment

Friday was an awful game. I've never seen Maine play so poorly. If you think that was a good game, then we watching two different games.

Comment

Working...
                                X