Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

I figured they would hire in house but the D coordinator leaving makes it less likely??? Not sure on that. Cant blame anyone for moving up. Wish those guys well and move on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That was quick. Maine just hired offensive coordinator Nick Charlton as head coach.
      Last edited by Runsub5; 12-21-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my fellow Alumni and bretheren of UMaine fans!

https://youtu.be/oPM73W69wVs

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          That was quick. Maine just hired offensive coordinator Nick Charlton as head coach.
          Yes indeed....wonder if there was any others that had a chance..? Also my Christmas wish is not for next week but for the end of this hockey season..."IF" Maine continues to play bad hockey through the second half and say they finish 11-19-4, and near or close to out of a playoff spot...THAT Red Gendron Resigns the day after the season. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy AND Better Hockey New Year [? on that].

Comment

Ho ho ho. Merry christmas, dear santa please bring us........ Hockey.........goals........ defense.........win

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Yes indeed....wonder if there was any others that had a chance..? Also my Christmas wish is not for next week but for the end of this hockey season..."IF" Maine continues to play bad hockey through the second half and say they finish 11-19-4, and near or close to out of a playoff spot...THAT Red Gendron Resigns the day after the season. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy AND Better Hockey New Year [? on that].
              I would like to think that the team will develop beginning in January. I'm having a hard time convincing myself based on Gendron's previous 5 years. Whatever their record, I don't see Gendron leaving. Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                S***, I guess...

I'd have to speculate that the program thought him popular among the players and the incoming recruits..? I'm hoping he can stay the course. Maine should be considered a strong favorite to at least make the field of 24 next season, just with what it brings back. And, a little continuity might help in that regard.

Happy Holidays to all of the Blue Crew. Be nice to your family and have fun. Take it from an old bastid, your loved ones won't be around forever.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-21-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  S***, I guess...

I'd have to speculate that the program thought him popular among the players and the incoming recruits..? I'm hoping he can stay the course. Maine should be considered a strong favorite to at least make the field of 24 next season, just with what it brings back.
                  Status quo is very good offesively, but theyll need to find a defensive coordinator thats very good fast. Losing so much brain power on that side of the ball.

I’m sure the finances for hiring a 30 yr old guy in house made sense. It worked last time. But it also means if Charltons really good he’ll be gone in 3-5 years

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Merry Christmas Folks. Hope We are all happy and healthy in the new year and Red can get the team winning

Comment

Gameday has arrived once again in Black Bear Nation. Any hot takes as the Bears start the second half of their season against a defending conference champ?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Gameday has arrived once again in Black Bear Nation. Any hot takes as the Bears start the second half of their season against a defending conference champ?
                        I feel this is the year where I have really lost interest. I’ve harped on this in the past, but the school needs to sort out the schedule next year. I can appreciate that it isn’t going to be perfect, but it is inexcusable to have it be this bad. There are so many weekends off and then games shoehorned into the middle of the week it’s completely ridiculous. Students are basically going to go two and a half months without seeing a home game which is completely insane. I’ll end my rant there.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Games are on ESPN plus, its only 4.95 for a month. If Maine was any good I'd pay that for 2 games but my frustration level would likely be off the charts if I watch them.

I think they can play better in the 2nd half, question is will they? I'm not a betting man but I doubt it . Red has shown me nothing that would make me believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Games are on ESPN plus, its only 4.95 for a month. If Maine was any good I'd pay that for 2 games but my frustration level would likely be off the charts if I watch them.

I think they can play better in the 2nd half, question is will they? I'm not a betting man but I doubt it . Red has shown me nothing that would make me believe otherwise.
                            I got a free seven day trial.

Comment

Maine is losing this 1-0, so many chances wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Maine is losing this 1-0, so many chances wasted.
                                I've figured out the formula. Play decent but dont come up with goals, take a penalty, concede a PPG, have all the momentum sucked away and forget how to handle the puck. Its classic Maine this season

Comment

Working...
                                X