Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    This is exactly the wrong scenario for PC; skating into Alfond struggling against anyone not named Northeastern or Brown.
    Enjoy!
    (not sandbagging. This is not going well)
    Welcome back Jon and if your making the trip be sure to pack a spare alternator.

Comment

Ive got a feeling the winless streak ends this weekend. I've liked the way Maine has looked after the NU debacle and PC hasn't been playing well apparently in the last few weeks.

Comment

Maine looked good in the first anyway. 1 zip pc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Surprise - penalties and turnovers are taki g their momentum. Must have been ten wide open d zone turnovers.

Comment

PC came to play that period

Comment

Good 1st & 3rd period play anyway.

Comment

Same old. Nobody wins a game without scoring. I almost hope that PC sweeps, because I run an NCAA hockey pool every year, and it's a lot less fun to do that without HEA representing on multiple fronts.

Maine clearly won't be anywhere near that yet again, so go PC, Northeastern, and UMass.

Comment

So I found out from a friend in the stats department that Maine officially attempted 60 shots. They had 28 on net. In the third period, Maine led in attempted shots 30-9. Unreal.

Comment

October 29, 2011.

Comment

Many buffalo bills coaches have more wins vs the Patriots than Red has vs Providence

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Lost the game in the second period, can't get outshot 14-3 in a period and expect not to let up a goal. They made it interesting at the end and probably should of gotten one but it was too little, too late. Looking at the bigger picture, they have to get out of 8th place. Even if they can only get up to 7th, they have to do something. If they go to Amherst in the first round it is going to be really, really ugly. The 2nd place team could really be anyone at this point so that's their best bet. Most frustrating season in a while, probably since '10-'11, Nyquist's Junior year and House's Senior year. That team obviously had more talent but the reality is still the same, they underachieved.

I thought Keeper was the best player on the ice tonight. He's really come on strong lately. I hate the Robbins, Doherty, JSS line. They basically say "lets flip the puck as high in the air as we can and hopefully Robbins can skate after it." Smith picked up where he left off, had some good chances. The 4th line had rough night, I guess Red doesn't even trust them to win a defensive zone faceoff (Pearson came on the whole night to faceoff for them). Also, what is up with Tralmaks not being on the ice with the extra attacker? Made absolutely no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          October 29, 2011.
                          Perhaps tomorrow night. I think that's 15 consecutive losses.

Comment

Based on what I saw tonight, that's a beatable team in black we saw. If they arent fired up to play hell of a game tomorrow night, I wont know what to say.

Comment

That was one of the worst performances by a Maine team that I have ever seen. Atrocious passing. They put the puck right on the PC sticks several times. They gave up the puck right in front of the net. They passed the puck when they should have shot many times. This team will finish eighth and get sent home after the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
                                That was one of the worst performances by a Maine team that I have ever seen. Atrocious passing. They put the puck right on the PC sticks several times. They gave up the puck right in front of the net. They passed the puck when they should have shot many times. This team will finish eighth and get sent home after the first round.
                                IF they finish 8th... Red's regime has been the worst in Maine's history. If he has even a shred of accountability in his makeup, he ought to resign tonight.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-08-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X