Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

It's been an agonizing 98 days since a Boston team won a title. Time to end the drought.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 02-03-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

That just happened! Man.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        That just happened! Man.
        Unreal game
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Unreal game
          It was a pretty awful football game, all things considered. Defensive dosent mean bad, but this was not a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            It was a pretty awful football game, all things considered. Defensive dosent mean bad, but this was not a good game.
            This is how football games are won. and hockey too

Comment

Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships.

Comment

The D dragged the GOATs corpse over the finish line. Reminds me of Denver a few years back. I never heard one talking head talk about how good LAs D was other than Aaron Donald.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  The D dragged the GOATs corpse over the finish line. Reminds me of Denver a few years back. I never heard one talking head talk about how good LAs D was other than Aaron Donald.
                  It didnt hurt the pats any that the LA QB played aweful and made some really dumb plays, like not throwing the ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Yeah...BUT. As he has done SIX times, he brought them DOWN THE FIELD when it mattered most. It's not his fault that the D coughed it up in two of those games (against the Giants) [just as an aside, did you hear Steve Burton say that the footballs were "shiny" - BOTH QBs had trouble and the balls were slipping out of their hands - not sure why they don't rub them up like they do with baseballs]
                    Last edited by chickod; 02-04-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Everyone in the National media is hating on the SB, but I found it interesting... Any time the game goes into the 4th tied at 3, it's worth a watch. So many of these "big games" are dogs, but this one was a chess match.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Yeah...BUT. As he has done SIX times, he brought them DOWN THE FIELD when it mattered most. It's not his fault that the D coughed it up in two of those games (against the Giants) [just as an aside, did you hear Steve Burton say that the footballs were "shiny" - BOTH QBs had trouble and the balls were slipping out of their hands - not sure why they don't rub them up like they do with baseballs]
                        No doubt Brady did what needed to be done in the end. The pass to Gronk was typical of old time Brady to Gronk pass. Couldn't be thrown any better nor could just anyone catch that pass (see Cooks).

Comment

Replay of Superbowl is on right now on NFL network.

Comment

Congrats to Cam Spicer for getting included in top scholarship athlete group with 3.97 GPA. And congrats to Sam Becker for nomination for Dean Smith award. Also, congrats to goalie Carlie Jackson for getting both, quite a feat. For all three ice hockey players we are very proud of you all because it is a drain on academics to practice and play this much.

On a side note, women's soccer had 4 girls with 4.0 GPA. Great job on their coach. Outstanding. Not sure if they are good team athletically, but very proud of that coach recruiting good scholars.

Comment

We gave birth to youngsters that have no idea what a real new England fan means. Larry Bird.... no idea. Mike greenwell... fisk... boggs... clemens... evans... lynn....

Comment

This is exactly the wrong scenario for PC; skating into Alfond struggling against anyone not named Northeastern or Brown.
                                Enjoy!
                                (not sandbagging. This is not going well)

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X