Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Wish this kid cared as much about helping his team win, than this...
    https://youtu.be/p7A0Z-J9hf0
    I really liked it and I’m glad you posted the link. For someone his size to be putting up that kind of weight is impressive. He’s still pretty quick as well.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I really liked it and I’m glad you posted the link. For someone his size to be putting up that kind of weight is impressive. He’s still pretty quick as well.
      Wooooossshhhh

Comment

You guys are pretty tough on him, now GET OFF MY LAWN
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Who cares about the video? Maybe its for a class. Maybe he wants to be a personal trainer or become a strength coach after college? Theres nothing arrogant or wrong about it. Jeez guys.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            Who cares about the video? Maybe its for a class. Maybe he wants to be a personal trainer or become a strength coach after college? Theres nothing arrogant or wrong about it. Jeez guys.
            I had a quick look at the video, ok he's a body builder and a ripped guy. Its what hes proud of and into, nothing wrong with that.

Its interesting to learn about the players, for example Fossier is also a musician and apparently looks to it as a possible career when hockey is done. He has some music on spotify to check out.

It does make me wonder how many or if any of the guys are just nothing but hockey driven. On one hand sometimes it takes such a leader while on the other there is more in life to enjoy or do.
            Last edited by NorthMike; 01-29-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              I had a quick look at the video, ok he's a body builder and a ripped guy. Its what hes proud of and into, nothing wrong with that.

Its interesting to learn about the players, for example Fossier is also a musician and apparently looks to it as a possible career when hockey is done. He has some music on spotify to check out.

It does make me wonder how many or if any of the guys are just nothing but hockey driven. On one hand sometimes it takes such a leader while on the other there is more in life to enjoy or do.
              Here’s the thing, in 2019 you throw your other interest out on the internet and its all public. Think the dudes in 93 and 99 ate slept and breathed hocney 24/6? Unlikely, they just didn’t have YouTube so the fans didnt know how they spent their free time

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• I went up to the games this weekend. First time in Orono. It’s a great rink, one of the best in the conference IMO. Also, really nice fans. Everywhere else I usually get cursed out. So yeah, thanks for the hospitality. It was a good weekend, though I wish we came back with a few more points.
                #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

I'm all for being well-rounded. Montell Owens of Maine played 9 NFL seasons and is an excellent jazz musician; I'm a big fan. Going to check out Fossier's videos, too. But pushing plates isn't an art, and bragging about it on his video tribute to himself was off-putting to me.

Maybe as a lifelong gym rat I just have a cultivated disdain for plate-head showboats. I mean, who really cares. We're all there to work on our own bodies, not to admire yours. So keep the grunting to a minimum, quit flexing in the mirrors in front of the leg-press, re-rack your weights and, yes, GET OFF MY LAWN!
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I'm all for being well-rounded. Montell Owens of Maine played 9 NFL seasons and is an excellent jazz musician; I'm a big fan. Going to check out Fossier's videos, too. But pushing plates isn't an art, and bragging about it on his video tribute to himself was off-putting to me.

Maybe as a lifelong gym rat I just have a cultivated disdain for plate-head showboats. I mean, who really cares. We're all there to work on our own bodies, not to admire yours. So keep the grunting to a minimum, quit flexing in the mirrors in front of the leg-press, re-rack your weights and, yes, GET OFF MY LAWN!
                    There is not many times I can agree with you. However, this is one of those moments. I'd rather have him become an on ice leader. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN. -Gran Torino

Comment

Old Penoby...
                      https://youtu.be/nAB4vOkL6cE

Comment

I bet people will take it literally... and miss the overall concept.

The River is the life blood of Maine hockey. That's a hint.

Comment

That kid wants to score goals? Sing Springsteen. Make a video of that.

Then sing the river.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            That kid wants to score goals? Sing Springsteen. Make a video of that.

Then sing the river.
                            I'm calling out the true captain of this team. Mitchell. Sing this song. Coaches... give him a C

Comment

Springsteen didn't write that song... but he sang it well.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Here’s the thing, in 2019 you throw your other interest out on the internet and its all public. Think the dudes in 93 and 99 ate slept and breathed hocney 24/6? Unlikely, they just didn’t have YouTube so the fans didnt know how they spent their free time
                                Would have been very boring. Everyone on that 93 team were choir boys. If they weren't on the ice for practice or a game they were hitting the books hard for their studies.

Comment

Working...
                                X