Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    It is definitely right up there. He saved at about .945, which is good given how many odd man rushes he faced. Umass put up 56 shots. A lot were garbage from perimeter, but a lot were quality too. I'm guessing they had 20 grade A chances in the game??? He played great. I thought Tralmaks played well, I even saw him back checking a lot... which if you watch that sort of thing you will notice he often isn't consistent with that effort. Nice to see Keeper play well. The Westerlund/Pieper/Shea line played very well too, nice they were rewarded with a good got to the net and bang home the rebounds type blue collar goal.
    Would have to agree on that. The top line looked great all weekend. Fossier Pearson Tralmaks have great chemistry. I thought the Robbins Doherty JSS line wasn't very good tonight. It seems like the great dane is having trouble finding space and therefore having trouble getting off that shot of his. Swayman was great tonight and with the exception of the first goal last night he great all weekend. I was having shades of Quinnipiac from last year watching him turn away chance after chance. Third period tonight was probably as bad as we've seen all year but the first two were as good as we've seen. This team is impossible to figure out. It will be an interesting weekend in Durham for sure.

Comment

If maine played like they did in the first two periods at least most of the time, we,d be having much different conversations here. Umass still clearly a much more talented team. Great passes and puck handling ability, not so many turnovers/poor passes, speed, some snipers who can score when left alone in the slot. Maine just out worked them and played very well on the boards tonite, used their size and strength. Id feel much better about that win if it wasnt for their mistakes and puck wacking in the third period. Great win, momentum time.

Comment

Hell of a weekend for Swayman and the best win if Reds career for sure.

If nothing else, shows that if we can win a series in March then we got a puncheds chance in Boston.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Like to think they can build on the win but then I remember the last few years. Be good if they could though.

Fossier passes the puck to a spot on the ice but cant hit a spot in the net. If he would get one Id bet the floodgates would open. He had his chances yesterday.

Swayman played like I expected except for first on Friday . Great goalie play gives a team confidence.
          Two goals on a major? can't remember when that happened .
          That penalty with less than two minutes was a killer.

It was one win. Dont mean **** if they dont keep it going

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Highlights of the game...
            https://youtu.be/HX_zYa_SRgQ

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Two goals on a major? can't remember when that happened .
              According to Larry, it last occured about 14 months ago against Vermont...
              https://bangordailynews.com/2019/01/...massachusetts/

Comment

This can't be good...
                https://www.pressherald.com/2019/01/...-punching-cop/

If you read in the comments, evidently he had rough childhood and a parent had schizophrenia. Combine this with hits to the head and possible CTE... Seems like he needs medical attention.

Comment

Highlights of the game...
                  https://youtu.be/HX_zYa_SRgQ
                  Thanks for the link. Couldn't watch as I was attending a local game.

That Fossier assist on the Keeper goal was a thing of beauty. Looking at the SOG, Maine probably gets smoked without the 5MM, but I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Thanks for the link. Couldn't watch as I was attending a local game.

That Fossier assist on the Keeper goal was a thing of beauty. Looking at the SOG, Maine probably gets smoked without the 5MM, but I'll take it.
                    Well I'm not so sure. If it was called just two minutes it is reasonable to say Binner scores 6 seconds in on the one man advantage. If you ignore empty netter the two teams would have played even on the weekend to that point, which was about 90 minutes of play. Truth is is that after Maine got a 3 goal lead heading into the 4th they played differently(conservatively) and Umass played aggressively out of desperation. Game circumstances can and will change the flow of the game. This lead to penalties and a near collapse. But Maine responded well the last five or so and played well enough to keep Umass off the board. I'm not convinced there is a huge talent difference between these two squads. But I do think the compete level, hustle, effort, and coaching is where the difference lies. If Maine had been dwn by 3 heading into the 4th I doubt they make it much of a game. With Umass they fought back and made Maine earn the win.

I really believe this team has talent and capability, but their effort level and in game management is a difference maker causing a lot of close losses and giving up too easy. Hopefully we see more desire and determination from here on out. Maine is essentially already playing in the hockey east playoffs. Every point, period, shift, etc... matters to keep them in the hockey east playoffs.

Comment

Wish this kid cared as much about helping his team win, than this...
                      https://youtu.be/p7A0Z-J9hf0

Comment

This kid had better work hard to be better than third line guy. He's touting what? You are a third line guy and have accomplished nothing.

Comment

If I was his coach I would bench him. He is not nearly as good as he says. For me, I'd have him 4th line right wing right now.

Comment

Wish this kid cared as much about helping his team win, than this...
                            https://youtu.be/p7A0Z-J9hf0
                            Watched about 30 seconds of this video-shrine to himself before reaching the same conclusion as you did, and closing it.

Good God, why would he think anyone cares about what he can squat (or whatever) when he'd be maybe a 4th-liner on an halfway-decent team? 4 goals in 23 games as a Jr.? Please. He ought to work on being an actual D-1 player before he pops-off about what a stud he is in the weight room.

Embarrassing to me as a Maine fan. These dopes making movies of themselves -as if anyone gives a s***- is absurd.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Watched about 30 seconds of this video-shrine to himself before reaching the same conclusion as you did, and closing it.

Good God, why would he think anyone cares about what he can squat (or whatever) when he'd be maybe a 4th-liner on an halfway-decent team? 4 goals in 23 games as a Jr.? Please. He ought to work on being an actual D-1 player before he pops-off about what a stud he is in the weight room.

Embarrassing to me as a Maine fan. These dopes making movies of themselves -as if anyone gives a s***- is absurd.
                              Be easy, let me coach team... nope. Have to have stupid. Because it is ok, and northern Mainers can accept.

Comment

I will coach for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X