Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

If any of Maine's past series against top teams this year are any indication, I expect one game this weekend to be a blowout and the other a close loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      If any of Maine's past series against top teams this year are any indication, I expect one game this weekend to be a blowout and the other a close loss.
      I’ve got a feeling the close one could be a Maine win.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I’ve got a feeling the close one could be a Maine win.
        Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          My question is why’d they score more last year? They had 4 dbl digit goal scoers coming back (Tralmarks Fossier Doherty Robbins) and only Doherty may hit that this year. And we’re talking 10 goals not 20, which quite honestly isnt a high bar to set.

Were they lucky with shooting last year? Is there something different in their cycling ir forecheck thats bad?

I mean Fossier was the leading goal man last year and has 1 freakin goal this close to February

. So is it the players talent? Or the crap system? Or (probably) both.
          Crap system.

Pearson is ahead of last year anyway.

Comment

Well, this will be a blowout.

Comment

Might as well have bubba in net on that goal
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.
                Like your optimism, but....

Comment

Peanuts, I know, but the start of this game feels like it *should* be 2-0 Maine. Lindberg has already made a pair of Grade A stops

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Might as well have bubba in net on that goal
                    That focus thing someone was talking about earlier.

Comment

There were stretches of that first period where Maine was clearly the better team, at least in my opinion.

Comment

Agree, decent period. They actually looked prepared.

Comment

Maines just chasing all over now.

Comment

The play happened a few minutes ago, but Sam Becker is really awful.

Comment

I'm getting really tired of other teams taking liberties with Maine players.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                My question is why’d they score more last year? They had 4 dbl digit goal scoers coming back (Tralmarks Fossier Doherty Robbins) and only Doherty may hit that this year. And we’re talking 10 goals not 20, which quite honestly isnt a high bar to set.

Were they lucky with shooting last year? Is there something different in their cycling ir forecheck thats bad?

I mean Fossier was the leading goal man last year and has 1 freakin goal this close to February

. So is it the players talent? Or the crap system? Or (probably) both.
                                Maine's schedule last year was as soft as butter in July, which gave some of us false hope vis-a-vis their record. The somewhat stiffer competition this season has exposed Red and his recruiting yet again.

These days, when interference is actually enforced, "systems" really matter very little. It's easy to coach hockey when you have superior speed and hands; and Maine is slow afoot and ham-handed... Ergo, what we have here.

Not pontificating, just my opinion.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X