Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Highlights from last night...

https://youtu.be/rT2JMeonzlQ

Comment

Beating BC is one of those simple pleasures in life, and gotten rare. If maine was 1 and 20 and that 1 win was against BC Id still just smile.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Beating BC is one of those simple pleasures in life, and gotten rare. If maine was 1 and 20 and that 1 win was against BC Id still just smile.
        If I observed things correctly, it was 4 years ago when Maine last beat BC.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that after a game like that, they are either going to crush New Hampshire on Monday or lay another huge egg and get slauthered.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that after a game like that, they are either going to crush New Hampshire on Monday or lay another huge egg and get slauthered.
            Could be either team losses by a goal or two, or else they tie.

Whoever wants it bad enough wins, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Could be either team losses by a goal or two, or else they tie.

Whoever wants it bad enough wins, usually.
              Snow Storm coming might be the winner this time around

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Highlights from last night...

https://youtu.be/rT2JMeonzlQ
                Thanks for the link to refresh my memory, Blackie. I had the game up on my laptop, but missed some moments... (That's how I tend to watch Maine hockey these days. )

Man, there was some putrid D from both teams, but the Bears finished rushes, while BC did not. Fun stuff.

I can't remember when the Eagles were this incompetent. Not in my lifetime, for sure

Jewwy has had a legendary career, but it might be time to hand-over the reins. He's a HOF-er anyway, no matter how you slice it.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  Snow Storm coming might be the winner this time around
                  Was thinking the same thing. We're talking an I-90 closure here in New York. Not looking any better to the East.

Comment

Fun facts with Umass coming to town, last time Maine beat a team ranked No 1 or 2 was in January of 2012.

A Red team has never beaten a no 1 or 2 club. He did tie Quinnipiac when they were no 1 once

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Fun facts with Umass coming to town, last time Maine beat a team ranked No 1 or 2 was in January of 2012.

A Red team has never beaten a no 1 or 2 club. He did tie Quinnipiac when they were no 1 once
                      For Maine to compete with UMass this weekend they better be ready to play both sides of the ice, not just for 20-40 minutes either....watched UMass/NU this past weekend and UMass is 4-real. Maine can win...yes but a whole lot depends on which team shows up each night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        For Maine to compete with UMass this weekend they better be ready to play both sides of the ice, not just for 20-40 minutes either....watched UMass/NU this past weekend and UMass is 4-real. Maine can win...yes but a whole lot depends on which team shows up each night.
                        Thinking Ill go to the game Sat to see umass. Certainly no way looking for a gendron win. Hopeful they can keep from embarrassing themselves. Saw umass last year and was impressed with their style of play - fast, good puck movement, quick transition - none of this puck wacking, grinding, defensive chasing all over stuff red likes. It will be interesting to see how much further umass has developed this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

How many have they actually played? Other than BU the year Eichel was there it’s hard to think of many other decent hockey east teams during his tenure.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            How many have they actually played? Other than BU the year Eichel was there it’s hard to think of many other decent hockey east teams during his tenure.
                            Was duluth no1 or 2 when they played this year?
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 01-22-2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Thinking Ill go to the game Sat to see umass. Certainly no way looking for a gendron win. Hopeful they can keep from embarrassing themselves. Saw umass last year and was impressed with their style of play - fast, good puck movement, quick transition - none of this puck wacking, grinding, defensive chasing all over stuff red likes. It will be interesting to see how much further umass has developed this year.
                              If they play like they have been, you'll be impressed on how much better they are now from last season and what a organized team looks like. > Hungry/talented squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Theyre 0-4-1 vs no 1 or no 2 since the win in 2012 which was a home sweep of no 2 BU. Red has never played a Hockey East team ranked No 1 or No 2 and is 0-2-1 (Union and Quinnipiac).

Theyve played the No 3 team a crap ton and top 5 a lot but where UMass is No 2 I looked at top 2 only out of curiosity.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X