Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Devin Shore traded by Dallas to Anaheim.
    I'm bummed. Dallas was my NHL team with both Devin and Bish there. Shore will likely get more minutes with the Ducks though.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      And UMASS is 1st with a second year coach and a rich history of Jonathan Quick and nothing else!
      Small point, but Carvel is actually in his third season at UMass. Not an immediate turnaround, but still, what he's done there is amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I'm bummed. Dallas was my NHL team with both Devin and Bish there. Shore will likely get more minutes with the Ducks though.
        Bish is having a good year again

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          Bish is having a good year again
          He is. Been a really good NHL goalie for years. (I think the trapezoid thing that's kept him from going out to the blue line to play pucks has been key.)

Comment

Decent period, I'd say.

Comment

Now that was heck of a period. Play a solid 20 minutes and we'll grab two big conference points.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Now that was heck of a period. Play a solid 20 minutes and we'll grab two big conference points.
                Yeh, maine was all over them.
                I dont understand why bc is struggling so this year

Comment

Well hey, we should enjoy the big win, they earned it too. I just hope they didnt use up all of their scoring tonight.

Comment

Good win 2-night, but the question of the night...is BC that bad this year..?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Yeh, maine was all over them.
                      I dont understand why bc is struggling so this year
                      Nor do I. BC is as bad as Maine. Strange times we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Good win 2-night, but the question of the night...is BC that bad this year..?
                        I hope so, because they come to Orono for two games... we need all the points we can get to hopefully squeak into the hockey east playoffs. I was happy they kept the penalties down and worked very hard in the second. Great win, and nice to see 4th liners score too.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Well hey, we should enjoy the big win, they earned it too. I just hope they didnt use up all of their scoring tonight.
                          Maine Hockey- 7 goals, 2 penalties tonight. TWO penalties. Perez has a goal and an assist. Perez. Pearson and Fossier have a total 1 assist tonight on 7 goals. This just doesn’t happen. What team is this that showed up tonight? Certainly not the same one that laid a big rotten egg for the home town fans at Alfond over the weekend. I fully get that BC is not nearly as good as Northeastern this year, I get that, but this is a huge disparity tonight. So this team can beat a good ranked team (Yale) in OT and they can kick BC’s arse tonight, but who knows what team will show up say Monday vs UNH? Certainly not me.
                          I couldn’t take watching the Bears get stomped over at Conte Forum tonight. I’ve been there too many times. It is so infuriating. So I didn’t go even though the team kindly duked me a pair of tix. Go figure.
                          One game does not a season make. But I take great delight in tonight’s win. Good job Bears.
                          Last edited by DoubleA; 01-16-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hell of a win keep putting pucks in the net and lets save the season

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Time to get serious and save Red's job!....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Maine Hockey- 7 goals, 2 penalties tonight. TWO penalties. Perez has a goal and an assist. Perez. Pearson and Fossier have a total 1 assist tonight on 7 goals. This just doesn’t happen. What team is this that showed up tonight? Certainly not the same one that laid a big rotten egg for the home town fans at Alfond over the weekend. I fully get that BC is not nearly as good as Northeastern this year, I get that, but this is a huge disparity tonight. So this team can beat a good ranked team (Yale) in OT and they can kick BC’s arse tonight, but who knows what team will show up say Monday vs UNH? Certainly not me.
                                I couldn’t take watching the Bears get stomped over at Conte Forum tonight. I’ve been there too many times. It is so infuriating. So I didn’t go even though the team kindly duked me a pair of tix. Go figure.
                                One game does not a season make. But I take great delight in tonight’s win. Good job Bears.
                                With this team you never know from game to game...and a lot of times from 1 period to the next...never games in a row or for that matter period to period, seldom do you see a game from start to finish where you feel they have turned the corner. Confusing/frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X