Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    At this point, there can't be a single person who thinks Red Gendron is anything but a lame duck coaching out the string until 2021. The only argument for keeping him is not paying a $200,000 or so buyout. And if the University can't find $200,000 to buy him out, the university shouldn't be sponsoring Division I athletics.
    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      This forum isnt the only one calling for a coach change.

http://sportschowdah.bangordailynews...ame-at-umaine/
      He has been saying this all along...and he's hitting the NAIL with the HAMMER each and every time he puts articles out like this...FACTS. After witnessing this weekends set of games this has just taken the wind out of my sails in >> thinking/>>hoping they can go on some sort of winning streak...pretty much not going to happen...tied with Merrimack for 8th in Hockey East play [only 1-8 make it and "yes" plenty of hockey left]….With 14 games left I see: 4-9-1 to finish off the regular season. Not a pretty picture by any means...……...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        They reviewed it and said it was a major for elbowing and a game misconduct. Do you have a link to the video? I'm curious because the officials must have seen and elbow up high.
        Posted on Maine facebook page
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Posted on Maine facebook page
          I don't have Facebook. Oh Well, no biggy.

Comment

First time Alfond attendee last night. Alfond is great. I get the hype. Unfortunately students were on break but the band was legit the best I've seen or heard in the NCAA. The fanbase is clearly passionate. And I love all the history displays they have- championships, all americans, olympians, big significant wins in the history of the team and the arena. This is stuff I wish NU would do and have been asking for for about 5 years on the walls of the Matthews staircases and concourse.

I didn't see the Dawe hit live, and I hope he recovers quickly and fully. But the hit was not worthy of a major, and clearly did not have any intent to hit in the head. To me it appears Dawe skated to the middle and turned to shoot, with his head looking towards the net, and Hawkins caught him across the middle with minimal momentum. It looked ugly, and I hope with his injury history it's not as bad as it looked on the ice, but I don't see intent or maliciousness here. Here's the video again, we've been watching it over and over today: https://***********/NUHockeyBlog/sta...69691467350016
            I don't know what Jim was yelling about after this happened, whether he was arguing against a major versus something else, but I did see him a few seconds later after 10 seconds of play yelling that the officials missed a cross-check to a prone Lerario in the faceoff dot. Add in the way he reacted to McGovern going after Lerario in the handshake line, you can hate on him all you want but he's protecting his team and his players. The McGovern incident: https://***********/NUHockeyBlog/sta...81586248548352

For the sake of Maine's program I do hope you move on from Red soon. Maine has some quality hockey players- Tralmaks, JSS, Dawe, and Keeper all impressed me. But unfortunately Red's systems don't allow their skills to shine as much as he wants their size to shine. Good luck the rest of the season. Hope your team does enough to make the playoffs.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

This forum isnt the only one calling for a coach change.

http://sportschowdah.bangordailynews...ame-at-umaine/
              A pretty ****ing article. I would like to see Maine get rid of him now and give Ben a chance the rest of the season but I doubt it happens.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                First time Alfond attendee last night. Alfond is great. I get the hype. Unfortunately students were on break but the band was legit the best I've seen or heard in the NCAA. The fanbase is clearly passionate. And I love all the history displays they have- championships, all americans, olympians, big significant wins in the history of the team and the arena. This is stuff I wish NU would do and have been asking for for about 5 years on the walls of the Matthews staircases and concourse.

I didn't see the Dawe hit live, and I hope he recovers quickly and fully. But the hit was not worthy of a major, and clearly did not have any intent to hit in the head. To me it appears Dawe skated to the middle and turned to shoot, with his head looking towards the net, and Hawkins caught him across the middle with minimal momentum. It looked ugly, and I hope with his injury history it's not as bad as it looked on the ice, but I don't see intent or maliciousness here. Here's the video again, we've been watching it over and over today: https://***********/NUHockeyBlog/sta...69691467350016
                I don't know what Jim was yelling about after this happened, whether he was arguing against a major versus something else, but I did see him a few seconds later after 10 seconds of play yelling that the officials missed a cross-check to a prone Lerario in the faceoff dot. Add in the way he reacted to McGovern going after Lerario in the handshake line, you can hate on him all you want but he's protecting his team and his players. The McGovern incident: https://***********/NUHockeyBlog/sta...81586248548352

For the sake of Maine's program I do hope you move on from Red soon. Maine has some quality hockey players- Tralmaks, JSS, Dawe, and Keeper all impressed me. But unfortunately Red's systems don't allow their skills to shine as much as he wants their size to shine. Good luck the rest of the season. Hope your team does enough to make the playoffs.
                Notice follow through shows arm coming up after contact. Also, there are other cameras that officials may have access too.

Not sure what Bubba was doing in handshake line unless kid was trash talking Tralmaks. Go ahead and suspend Bubba too.

Comment

Maine girls break it open in the third. Up 3-0 now on way to a 3 point weekend and record of 13-8-2. I enjoy watching them compared to the men's team because they might not have the best talent yet but the fight hard. If the boys had 13 wins right now we'd be singing Reds praises.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Notice follow through shows arm coming up after contact. Also, there are other cameras that officials may have access too.

Not sure what Bubba was doing in handshake line unless kid was trash talking Tralmaks. Go ahead and suspend Bubba too.
                    I see the right arm coming up. Good call by refs in my book.

Comment

I see the right arm coming up. Good call by refs in my book.
                      Open iced a guy in the slot making a shot with stick well up in air and finished it high. I find it hard to believe this isn't considered a cheap shot with less than a minute left to play up 4-0.

Comment

Friendly Maine fans, I'll be coming to visit your arena for the weekend of games against UMass (1/25, 1/26). I seek seating advice. My last (and only) time visiting Alfond (in 2008) I sat in the visitors' section, which was underneath the stands behind the goal. Since I couldn't see much of the game from those seats because the glass was scratched up and dirty, I am trying to find better seats this time. Since I'm coming all the way from Tucson AZ for this (via DC, where I'll be on business the week before the games) I figured I'd get seats in advance.

I'm considering either sections BB/CC or the opposite side NN/MM. Where would I get *less* flak for wearing a UMass sweater? I'm coming with two friends, both from UMass...
                        Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                        University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
                          Friendly Maine fans, I'll be coming to visit your arena for the weekend of games against UMass (1/25, 1/26). I seek seating advice. My last (and only) time visiting Alfond (in 2008) I sat in the visitors' section, which was underneath the stands behind the goal. Since I couldn't see much of the game from those seats because the glass was scratched up and dirty, I am trying to find better seats this time. Since I'm coming all the way from Tucson AZ for this (via DC, where I'll be on business the week before the games) I figured I'd get seats in advance.

I'm considering either sections BB/CC or the opposite side NN/MM. Where would I get *less* flak for wearing a UMass sweater? I'm coming with two friends, both from UMass...
                          I'd be surprised if anyone cared enough to give you flack
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post

FWIW I was in NN wearing an NU jersey with some friends and also 3 other NU fans. Great sight line from there, right along the center of the ice. We got some flak, particularly after the game ended with all the extra-curricular stuff that happened, but were largely left alone save for 2-3 Maine fans who yelled at us at different points of the game. Comes with the territory. I expect to be similarly razzed when I go to Mullins on Friday. Hope you enjoy your trip!
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I'd be surprised if anyone cared enough to give you flack
                              C'mon Wally, he needs go up in balcony.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                FWIW I was in NN wearing an NU jersey with some friends and also 3 other NU fans. Great sight line from there, right along the center of the ice. We got some flak, particularly after the game ended with all the extra-curricular stuff that happened, but were largely left alone save for 2-3 Maine fans who yelled at us at different points of the game. Comes with the territory. I expect to be similarly razzed when I go to Mullins on Friday. Hope you enjoy your trip!
                                You were here on student brake. Which means you got off easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X