Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    He was one of Tim's recruits and wasn't big enough for Gendron.
    Well, Red hasn't recruited worth a crap during his entire tenure. This team is more of the same from him. Maine will be an also-ran as long as he's at the helm, no doubt about it at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      I really can't stand Madigan and NU. He makes Parker look like a good sport.
      Amen.
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Madigan was classless at the end.

How about pecarora getting ice time and a goal. Wasnt good enough for Red.
        How old is he now. Spent a few more years playing jrs, didnt he ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          How old is he now. Spent a few more years playing jrs, didnt he ?

He played one year of USHL and then sat out the last two years. This means he had 3 years off, with two practice years at NU. Mahoney mentioned things like he wasn't ready for college when explaining why Pecararo didn't work out for Maine. The extra two years of practice probably means he needed to focus on his academics before playing. So it seems Liam not working out for Maine wasn't because Gendron didn't like him or he was too small... it was in Liams control according to Mahoney.

Comment

Here is an article, where if you read between the lines of what is said.... Pecararo left because he needed to learn how to do things better off the ice. He even mentioned how much Gendron tried to help him...
            https://bangordailynews.com/2015/06/...ockey-program/

Now, I'm all for giving Red a hard time when he deserves it. But Runsub5 and NorthMike are ignoring truths by saying not good enough or big enough to play for Gendron.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Here is an article, where if you read between the lines of what is said.... Pecararo left because he needed to learn how to do things better off the ice. He even mentioned how much Gendron tried to help him...

Now, I'm all for giving Red a hard time when he deserves it. But Runsub5 and NorthMike are ignoring truths by saying not good enough or big enough to play for Gendron.
              Good for him I guess. Must have been 18 when he showed up in Orono .

Anybody shocked at results this weekend hasnt been paying attention.

Someone posted a video of Dawes hit. Not sure if it was cheap or not. Looked like he looked down and NU player hit him hard. Didnt see any intentional movement on NU players part to whack him in head? Hope dawe is ok.

Going to be a long 2 years

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Someone posted a video of Dawes hit. Not sure if it was cheap or not. Looked like he looked down and NU player hit him hard. Didnt see any intentional movement on NU players part to whack him in head? Hope dawe is ok.

They reviewed it and said it was a major for elbowing and a game misconduct. Do you have a link to the video? I'm curious because the officials must have seen and elbow up high.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Thanks for the clarification, admittedly my comment was not based on going back and looking, just a Red fustration reaction. Retracted.

From where I sat the elbow to Dawe looked like head hunting, but it happened fast. Have to find the video.
                  Not sure why the NU bench were yelling at refs and pitching a fit while a player was hurt on the ice. With 40s left and a 4 goal lead. Madigan was mad at the 5 min penalty call I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

After that weekend and what I saw last night it has left me with the feeling the program may be in a shape of what I feared it was. What a contrast between overall team skill levels. I mean the ability to stick handle, pass to where you know a player will be and move things around in the offensive zone, and score when you should, not to mention a very effective D.

Maine clearly showed its level of fustration, including coach and players. First period was respectable play, but after they woke up in the 2nd they were mentally defeated. How can this continue for two more years. The rest of this season might be rough enough.

Comment

I think its crystal clear now that Red just isn't good at motivating/coaching the team. He's done some good stuff recruiting wise, but every year he has underachieved with what he has had. I really don't understand his grand strategy as far as what style he is trying to play too.

If Maine can get someone who can coach/motivate in I think there could be a very quick turnaround. Maine is in much, much better shape talent wise(and not just who is on the roster) than they were when Red took over. Just need to find someone who can get the most out of the talent Maine has.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I think its crystal clear now that Red just isn't good at motivating/coaching the team. He's done some good stuff recruiting wise, but every year he has underachieved with what he has had. I really don't understand his grand strategy as far as what style he is trying to play too.

If Maine can get someone who can coach/motivate in I think there could be a very quick turnaround. Maine is in much, much better shape talent wise(and not just who is on the roster) than they were when Red took over. Just need to find someone who can get the most out of the talent Maine has.
                        Are they? Because his best results were with the previous admin’s players.

I saw that first year and said OK Red can do this. Then the second year was a step back and I said thats weird. Its been nothing but garbage ever since.

So even if a new guy gets an artificial bounce in Year 1, I’m not falling for that trick again.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Are they? Because his best results were with the previous admin’s players.

I saw that first year and said OK Red can do this. Then the second year was a step back and I said thats weird. Its been nothing but garbage ever since.

So even if a new guy gets an artificial bounce in Year 1, I’m not falling for that trick again.
                          Could not agree more!! +1.

Comment

This forum isnt the only one calling for a coach change.

http://sportschowdah.bangordailynews...ame-at-umaine/

Comment

At this point, there can't be a single person who thinks Red Gendron is anything but a lame duck coaching out the string until 2021. The only argument for keeping him is not paying a $200,000 or so buyout. And if the University can't find $200,000 to buy him out, the university shouldn't be sponsoring Division I athletics.

Comment

In case anyone wants to watch the girls play...
                                https://watchstadium.com/network/pat...eague-network/

Scroll down to find game and click on red live button. I'm doing dual role watching Pats too.

Go Pats! Td Michel!
                                Last edited by BlackI; 01-13-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X