Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Driving up tomorrow with friends. First time coming to Alfond. I saw the Bear Brew Pub is has closed, and that was the lone spot recommended to me for around the UMaine area. Anyone have other places to recommend for dinner ahead of a game? Internet advises Woodman’s Bar and Grill as well.
    Theres an irish pub where the bear brew was. Margaritas is good. Pats is classic, go early, slow service. Theres a good brew pub, no food, next to margaritas, cant remember name, good beer.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 01-11-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Maine came out with energy and was playing reasonably well and taking the body, got one goal scored on them, and it was like they said GG right there. Kind of hard to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Maine is playing a typical game for a red coached team. pathetic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        On par

Comment

Better 2nd period

Comment

Well, they got one back, and didn't give any more up, so they won the period, right? Never mind that they got manhandled with possession, its fine. Baby steps

Comment

Good things happen when getting to the net front.

Comment

At least it turned out entertaining. Too bad the lack of discipline is the difference again. Very frustrating.

Comment

Expected outcome from where I sit. SOS, as it's been for all of the dead-Red era.

I like Dawes, though. If I had my way, I'd move him up. Maybe even have him play with Pearson on the 1st line. That might work, and what is there to lose at this point?

Comment

Maine kept it entertaining at the end. Lack of discipline was certainly a factor, but it appeared to me that NU dominated puck possession and had more scoring opportunities. Stat sheet might prove me wrong.

Comment

Some highlights(pro Maine)...
                      https://***********/MaineIceHockey/s...941005312?s=19

Comment

In case anyone wants to watch lady Blackbears play now...
                        https://watchstadium.com/network/pat...eague-network/

Comment

Thanks for the link, Blackie, although it didn't work for me. The ladies ought to romp. HC is 1-18-2, so it won't help #12 Maine's PWR much...

Comment

Wow, Maine scored at 0.4 seconds to tie the game at 2. They pulled goalie a nd scored after offensive zone faceoff with 5 seconds left. They got the faceoff because Holy Cross iced it going for the empty netter and just missed it wide from 180 feet away. Going to OT now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Thanks for the link, Blackie, although it didn't work for me. The ladies ought to romp. HC is 1-18-2, so it won't help #12 Maine's PWR much...
                              You have to scroll up or down to find game then red button that says live and be patient.
                              Last edited by BlackI; 01-12-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Maine did well in OT, but game ends in a tie. Maine dominated in first and OT, but got outplayed in the 2nd and especially mid part of the 3rd. Maine played without Vanisova(their top forward), but still this is a case of underachieving again. They go to 12-8-2 and just 5-8-2 in hockey east.

Comment

Working...
                                X