Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    you guys are hitting your stride. NU has struggled to score consistently, especially of late. We just got couple players (plus asst Coach), back from the World Juniors. Will take few gms to get it going again (my opinion). I am hoping for a split.. but would not be surprised if we get no pts, upcoming road wknd.
    Holy cow. I thought Mainuhs used to be the king of sandbagging. NU sweeps

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA
      Ok, I gotta tell this story...funny you should ask, and this is no sh ! t......so JSS didn’t play against either Colo. College or Yale. So between 1st and 2nd periods last night, two of us are in the can unloading the multiple IPA’s and Harps we drank at Brian Boru pre-game. I say to my hockey head friend “So where’s Schmidt-Svestrup, is he injured?” Friend says “He must be.”
      Then out of nowhere this voice goes “No he’s not injured. He’s just not playing. I should know. I’m him”. Sure enough there’s JSS in the can overhearing our speculation about his absence. So I asked the big Dane why he’s not playing. He says “Hey it happens sometimes.” offering no more than that. You can’t make this stuff up. Pretty weird.
      Sure, if I was Red I'd play Perez over JSS

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        Sure, if I was Red I'd play Perez over JSS
        And he does. RG wants bangers...always has and always will...he thinks a Roster Full of Over 6' 2"/plus and in the range of 210 -225lbs is the norm....forget about skill/speed/discipline....hockey sense....don't need that. But then just check out his record from year 1 to the present in year 6....awful impressive...there leading stat is penalty's minutes per game. Nice Recipe we have in place. Embarrassing is the word...………….but that's his mindset and he's going no where's with it.

Comment

you guys are hitting your stride. NU has struggled to score consistently, especially of late. We just got couple players (plus asst Coach), back from the World Juniors. Will take few gms to get it going again (my opinion). I am hoping for a split.. but would not be surprised if we get no pts, upcoming road wknd.
          Puh-leeze, brother... "What Wally said."

One win v. Yale doesn't constitute Maine "hitting their stride", FCS. Anything less than 4 points for the Hounds this weekend would be mildly shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

One win v. Yale doesn't constitute Maine "hitting their stride", FCS. Anything less than 4 points for the Hounds this weekend would be mildly shocking.
            Yeh, if maine sweeps ill personally extend his contract.😀
            No chance. But that would be cool.

I did get tickets today for saturday. Its about 98% sold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I was being serious about NU, based on what ive seen of late. They are having a hard time scoring consistently.
              Ill be pleasantly surprised with 2 or more pts. Sounds like Saturday game atmosphere is going to be very good. Here's to a good couple of gms.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                I was being serious about NU, based on what ive seen of late. They are having a hard time scoring consistently.
                Ill be pleasantly surprised with 2 or more pts. Sounds like Saturday game atmosphere is going to be very good. Here's to a good couple of gms.
                2-4 points for NU wouldn't surprise me, that's the range I expect. Maine has played well against two decent opponents though, so maybe they have figured something out. Big weekend coming up, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  2-4 points for NU wouldn't surprise me, that's the range I expect. Maine has played well against two decent opponents though, so maybe they have figured something out. Big weekend coming up, I'd say.
                  Huge weekend. I figure Maine has only 7 games left that will have much PW impact, and these are 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Huge weekend. I figure Maine has only 7 games left that will have much PW impact, and these are 2 of them.
                    You actually think Maine has a shot at National tourney without winning HE tourney. I have what you are smoking
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Is it true NU has won 8 of last 9 games?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Is it true NU has won 8 of last 9 games?
                        They had won 8 straight before being shut out at home by Merrimack in their last game.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          They had won 8 straight before being shut out at home by Merrimack in their last game.
                          I'm thinking maybe keep Fossier/Pearson/Tralmaks together. Then second line of JSS/Doherty/Dawes... that might be a nice 5on5 influx of skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            Yeh, if maine sweeps ill personally extend his contract.😀
                            No chance. But that would be cool.

I did get tickets today for saturday. Its about 98% sold out.
                            Thanks for that. Picked mine up tonight online. Slim pickings for sure. First time going up to Orono, been everywhere except UVM now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                              Thanks for that. Picked mine up tonight online. Slim pickings for sure. First time going up to Orono, been everywhere except UVM now.
                              Cool, hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                                Cool, hope you enjoy it.
                                Me too, but not that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X