Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2018, 2019 Footba, I mean hockey thread.

Might be a little fight inside the ole bear. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      By my count thats the first win over a ranked team since Nov 2017. Had lost 9 in a row to ranked foes and were 1-24 in their last 25 vs ranked teams going into last night.

So thats a good starting point! Yeet.
      Interesting.
      Now Northeastern this weekend.
      Did anyone see how the new D man Sirota did?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        The boys going to the net front, huh?
        Not sure. Didnt think any were rebound/ digging goals at net front. Fossier got three assists. Michel got a clean goal from the point on a PP. Tralmaks goal was a great move with snipe from circle. Pearson might have been in slot with nice feed from fossier. Didnt hear Emils goal. Robbins and Doherty had some good team ups with chances. Maine hit alot of glass and backboards instead of net.

Maine D was a bit loose in 2nd, better in 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          Interesting.
          Now Northeastern this weekend.
          Did anyone see how the new D man Sirota did?
          New defenseman Sirota plays a good game. He looks like an upgrade to the D corps from last nights play. Moves well. Got a lot of ice time. We shall see...

Dawe played well and got a lot of ice time.

Robbins played well but missed an open net GWG opportunity from the left side in OT. If the kid’s stick handling and puck control were as good as his skating and speed, he’d be 1st line on any hockey east team.

Comment

Yee Haw, Red's got these boys rolling. No need for a new coach now!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              Yee Haw, Red's got these boys rolling. No need for a new coach now!
              Are you sure you aren't interloping again? I would hate to be told I am being snarky again. So, I would like official clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Are you sure you aren't interloping again? I would hate to be told I am being snarky again. So, I would like official clarification.
                No, no interloping here. And you guys should have a wall to stop illegal interloping. I think that's something congress could support!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Are you sure you aren't a "negative nelly" ?
                  Im a slave to the scoreboard and I like trends and numbers. If they were 24-1 in their last 25 vs ranked teams I’d be posting that. The facts are the facts for better or worse.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                    New defenseman Sirota plays a good game. He looks like an upgrade to the D corps from last nights play. Moves well. Got a lot of ice time. We shall see...

Dawe played well and got a lot of ice time.

Robbins played well but missed an open net GWG opportunity from the left side in OT. If the kid’s stick handling and puck control were as good as his skating and speed, he’d be 1st line on any hockey east team.
                    Glad to see Dawe finally getting ice time, but no sign of JSS last night. Possibly just a rest day, but hopefully it's not an injury or discipline concerns. And about Robbins, for sure. His puck skills remind me of myself a lot, which isnt a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      Glad to see Dawe finally getting ice time, but no sign of JSS last night. Possibly just a rest day, but hopefully it's not an injury or discipline concerns. And about Robbins, for sure. His puck skills remind me of myself a lot, which isnt a good thing
                      Oh stop, you don't miss the net that much.

Comment

Quite a big league move by Tralmaks( watch to the end)...
                        https://youtu.be/BombllLMAIs

Comment

Good win last night. Two quality wins in a row. If they hadn't laid a couple eggs in Princeton we might be singing a different tune. Next three games will make or break this team.
                          This team is not nearly as bad on paper as they are on the ice and some of that talent showed last night. Even with that talent there is still D-3 talent being put out there. Becker should be phased out of the lineup, unless VMT is hurt there's no reason Becker should be in over him. Sirota would also be an upgrade. JSS has been out the past 2 games, is he hurt? He's really struggled lately and I hope Red isn't trying to prove a point by benching him. Perez needs to be in the bleachers, there has to be somebody that can actually skate that we can put in. I thought Hock was really solid and active against CC and no sign of him last night. Top line is coming alive, hopefully Fossier can find the back of the net. Past two games have resembled what we saw last year, hopefully they can keep that going but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comment

• you guys are hitting your stride. NU has struggled to score consistently, especially of late. We just got couple players (plus asst Coach), back from the World Juniors. Will take few gms to get it going again (my opinion). I am hoping for a split.. but would not be surprised if we get no pts, upcoming road wknd.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              you guys are hitting your stride. NU has struggled to score consistently, especially of late. We just got couple players (plus asst Coach), back from the World Juniors. Will take few gms to get it going again (my opinion). I am hoping for a split.. but would not be surprised if we get no pts, upcoming road wknd.
                              Maine played well last night, but I have to wonder if the 2 Dmen for Yale who just returned from World Juniors (Phil Kemp and Jack St. Ivany) would have made a difference in the outcome of the game. Phil Kemp played really well at the World Juniors. The 2 of them were in the Arena last night but did not suit up for the game as they just returned from Vancouver on Sunday after losing 3-2 to Finland in the Gold Medal Game Saturday evening.
                              Anyhow, it was a very good effort by Maine last night and I am hoping for a much improved 2nd half of the season for the Black Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                you guys are hitting your stride. NU has struggled to score consistently, especially of late. We just got couple players (plus asst Coach), back from the World Juniors. Will take few gms to get it going again (my opinion). I am hoping for a split.. but would not be surprised if we get no pts, upcoming road wknd.
                                YA ok...no points/no wins/nothing....I can see NU coming in and making it awful rough for Maine, NU along with UMass have had good starts to their 1st half...anytime a team has a Cayden Primeau in net they have a chance at points...so you maybe coy on this weekend but Maine will have their hands full both nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X